The things no one tells you no.9:
Birth: after pains
Mumofsix` featured blog about things no one tells you.
`I thought I would, every now and then,
add a little bit of info that
took me by surprise with my first baby.
My mood while writing this blog:Ok
If this is not your first baby, be prepared for more after pains after birth. By after pains I mean continued contractions. I have found after each birth these have been more intense. It's funny because I go through labor with no pain relief but as soon as the after pains hit I am into the paracetamol. I know these contractions help to stop the bleeding and to bring the uterus back down to size but I must admit that I do find them a bit tiresome. I can handle the pain of contractions during labor because I know they are bringing our little one to us. Just be prepared that's all. Nothing intolerable just a bit annoying.
6 Comments on Birth: after pains
- Thursday, 19 Aug Oh I had forgot about the after pains!! and the bad thing is they have taken the gas and air away by the time they start, oh im onto number 5!! think i will aske for and epidural post delivery!! eeekkkk!! makes my eyes water just to think of them x sunflower-j
- Tuesday, 19 Jan i had no afte rbirth pains with my first. but with my second i would have prefered to have been in labour all over again. its now 8 yars on and im expecting number 3. will the pains be bad again as it has been a long time?? or will it be like the first??? Coopermom1st
- Friday, 5 Jun O my word these can b pretty unexpected, i also experienced them while breastfeeding, they felt exactly like my labour pains just without the pressure, i also had to lie down at times or bend forward to handle the pain a bit, its weird how bein in labour for me was 'ok' but the after birth pains where killing me. hopebaby3
- Sunday, 24 May For my 1st, i don't really feel pain..maybe a light cramps but it was really subtle. For my 2nd it was painful especially when i breastfeed him. It was so painful that i have to bend over or lie down. ANyone ever experience that? Painful after birth contraction during breastfeeding? mummyvicki
- Friday, 5 Sep yeah i was totally unaare that this happens! i only had gas and air having my son and even being wheeled up to the ward after being in labour and delivery i could feel soft contractions i was like 'er hes already out?!' lol. nothing to painful like you say but unexpected and irritating when trying to enjoy my sons first moments. WaitingForMyLittleKitty
- Wednesday, 30 Jul i never felt any pain while or after i had my son...am i odd??