Sacral-Dimple

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of i-am-pregnant i-am-pregnant 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of i-am-pregnant
    i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

Sacral-Dimple

Profile photo of Laura
    LauraWard
    Keymaster

New topic test.

i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

Does it eventully go away? My son has one and he is 2. I was just wondering if he will have it into adulthood.

Profile photo of Dullkey20
    Dullkey20

My daughter was born with a Sacral Dimple… I was the first that noticed and thought she had a second anus!! It completely freaked me out! So I brought it up and her first Doctors appointment… As a precaution we had an ultrasound done and it revealed nothing serious… She is now 7 months old and it seems that she has grown in to her sacral dimple, its barely there now…

People in both my mom’s family and my husband’s have this, but I have never heard it called a ‘birth defect’ and we are all pretty medically informed. I am not doubting it, just very surprised. My daughter has it too, but it is not as severe as the picture. No one I know who has one has had any problems whatsoever. I just thought it was a family trait and none of the doctors that have examined her have ever mentioned it (including Kosair Children’s Hospital). Hmmmmm…….and no they don’t go away. The adults I know say they still have them.

Profile photo of Laural6531
    Laural6531

my son now 8months old has a DOUBLE sacral Dimple and i had never heard of this before…..i thought he just had a little fold at top of bottom (hea was 4wk early) so i thought he would prob grow into it, then one day i actually opened the fold and there it was a double sacral dimple

i am now awaiting a pediatric referal to get scan done………..can any one tell me what this is what causes it and what could be the outcome

thanks in advance x

Profile photo of JenniferSD
    JenniferSD

By baby girl was born with a sacral dimple. The Dr. sent her for an ultrasound in the hospital and everything looked fine. She is 8 months now and it is barely visable.

i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

I was born with a Sacral-Dimple, I can fit my whole thumb into it. Whilst I have had no significant issues that I believe to be related to it, I do suffer rqather intense back pain quite often. Some children out grow it and it just becomes a tiny dimple, mine grew with me and actually became larger.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.