Stork-Bites

This topic contains 37 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of frenchie23 frenchie23 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of i-am-pregnant
    i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

Stork-Bites

Profile photo of Melanie07
    Melanie07

My daughter was born with stork bites on her eye, neck and a big one on her head. The ones on her eye and neck have dissapeared. The one on her head is still there. Her hair is blond so you can see it through her hair.

I’m surprised to learn that they are birth defects. I’ve got reddish brown leopard prints that start at my hairline behind my neck, and travel up my scalp. They aren’t really noticeable because my hair covers them. I’ve also got a huge birthmark at the base of my spine. Its brownish red in colour.

Profile photo of MelS
    MelS

my two oldest kids had storke bites when they were born. I thought they were so cute. They had them right on the back of the neck. They are gone now.

i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

what do they look like??

Profile photo of Aplace4myhead
    Aplace4myhead
    Participant

My son has a stork bite on his left eyelid… Every one including doctors ask me all the time if he was born with it, or my favorite ‘Have you seen this on his eye before?’ I’m like, he was born with it, and it’s not my fault for it, it’s just there. He also has red marks on the back of his neck. I call them strawberry marks though, I have them still on the back of my neck. 🙂

Profile photo of Canuck
    Canuck

my daughter has one on her eyelid…the doctors all told me it was a mark from the forceps and it would go away..but it never did…I can always tell when shes to warm or upset because it goes bright red

My daughter was born with a stork bite on her eyelid< I was 16 yrs old when I had her so i was like,' what? what bit her?' LOL..the doctor explained what it was and said it would go away and i was relieved to see all a stork bite was on her was a tiny pink spot on her eyelid, it went away, dont remeber what age but it was under 6 months old and I would not think of it as a birth defect, to mean when I read that it is also called an angel kiss I think aww…my lil baby was just sooo beautiful an angel had to give her one last kiss before sending her here with me. My daughter is now 19 years old and a beautiful young woman. 🙂

i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

Hmm, I wonder if this is what happened to 2 of my sons??? I am VERY fair skinned (I say see-thru):) and very prone to broken blood vessels myself (my legs now look like road maps of Wisconsin from varicose veins, and spider veins), and 2 of my most fair skinned boys (my oldest and youngest) had been prone to broken blood vessels from very early on. I noticed a patch of broken blood vessels on the base of the neck of my youngest when he was born. I was never concerned, knowing the tendency for us fair skinned folks to have this condition. I just never knew that it could be a ‘birth defect’, or a stork bite. He also has patches on both of his cheeks. He is 4 now and they are not going away. My oldest son is almost 10 and has patches of broken vessels on his cheeks as well, that have never faded or going away!! I’m guessing I now know the answer as to why they have these patches?:)

Profile photo of MamaMari
    MamaMari

hello, my daugher has stork bites on both of her eye lids, she’s six months…when she was born they were bluish purple but now they have turned redish pink… I didn’t even know it was a birth defect, I thought it was because she was born with her hands in her face.

Profile photo of greenmommy
    greenmommy

Both of my kids were born with stork bites they are 6 and 12 yrs now and niether child has them anymore they faded away with time. My uncle has one on the back of his neck and it is still there.

i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

My daughter was born with birthmarks on both her upper eyelids. The doctor called them ‘angel kisses’ and said they should fade away wtih one year. If anyone else had this happen please msg me. Pictures of her are on my page. Thanks

Profile photo of aprilraine
    aprilraine
    Participant

I don’t think of them as birth defects, my daugther has a few, one heart shaped and I think they are adorable

Profile photo of newmommyluv
    newmommyluv

My daughter was born with a stork bite on her uper eyelid and it went away within 6 months. She is now 14 months old and has no sign of it ever being there.

Profile photo of vanessag7
    vanessag7

My daughter developed one on the inside of her nose a few weeks ago. She was around 4 weeks old when it popped up and it doesnt bother me now I know what it is. Before that I was concerned

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.