Abdominal pain during pregnancy

This topic contains 21 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of kawanna kawanna 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of i-am-pregnant
    i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

What should I do about my abdominal pain?

Profile photo of LesleyLDN
    LesleyLDN

I’m just short of being five weeks pregnant and I just turned 35. My first pregnancy went without a hitch and I now have a healthy three year old.
    Last year I had two early miscarriages, 7.5 wks and 4.5 weeks. This morning I started bleeding bright red blood which is now barely there, but what I can see is brown. I pretty much stopped feeling pregnant yesterday and suspect I’m miscarrying again. I previously had tests to rule out blood disorders, but I do have Hypothyroidism. Anyone else experiencing a third miscarriage or have had bleeding that then led to a normal pregnancy?

Profile photo of newmom22
    newmom22

hi im new to the site and im a little over 16 weeks i have been havin slight menstrual like cramps and pain in my lower abdomen mainly after being active or work (im a waitress so alot of walkin around bending etc.) any advice or thoughts would be great 🙂

Profile photo of bubblimummi
    bubblimummi

kate13, thanks for the reassurance =)
    It’s funny how you can be so foreign to things your body does, when I would have experienced much the same thing with the other two!!
    my hubbie was very nice and brought me home some pancakes and orange juice this morning, even though he is scared about becoming a dad again, I know that’s his little way of doting on me and reminding me that he is making an effort. 🙂
    best of luck with your pregnancy kate =D are you going to find out the sex of bubs?

bubblimummi

We only just found out we’re pregnant again with our third child less than a week ago and at this very moment my stomach muscles are pulling so badly on each side of my distorted belly button LOL, it is worse when I stand up and I have to hold my tummy in so it doesn’t sag and pull!! Is this meant to happen this early on (4 weeks 1 day) and is it because of having the two previous pregnancies?? Please let me know if this is normal!! 😀

Profile photo of ChickinLiL
    ChickinLiL

Hi I am 6 weeks pregnant with my second and I seem to be having a lot of stomach pain this time. It has made me worry and I try not to because I haven’t had any spotting or anything but I swear I think because of how early it is I just can’t help being paranoid I am so glad to know it is something that other people are having too although I wouldn’t wish it on anyone lol.

bubblimummi

jamie, no i didn’t have that sort of pain in my two prior pregnancies, you should go and get checked out by the doctor to make sure everything is okay. Good luck hun.

Profile photo of Nixinoodle
    Nixinoodle

Hi Guys, i am new to this but so many people have recommended this site to me. I just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing abdominal pain, i have it after i eat in the evening and then in the morning i wake up and have to go to the loo. It’s really sore and worrying. Thanks

Profile photo of johnsonbaby1
    johnsonbaby1

Nixinoodle….I have also been having abdominal pain, it’s most of the day. I called my midwife but she just thought I had a UTI (urinary tract infection) but I’ve had one of those before and that’s not what the pain feels like. Anyway, If I lay down it helps a lot. Maybe it’s just the baby pushing down on my pelvic bone. I hope you feel better you’re not the only one who is having abdominal pain!

Profile photo of i-am-pregnant
    i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

I think the baby has dropped. Sharp pains that last all day at work. Painful and uncomfortable really. My baby laying on my pelvic bone, uncomfortable when i sit down even. I am only 34 weeks along now.

Since early on in my pregnancy I have had terrible stomach pains. Sometimes just standing up causes sharp pains in my lower stomach, however I do have PCOS. My doctor has assured me that everything is ok and I’ve had 5 scans which shows the baby is healthy and growing. I’ve discovered that the pain has been lessening and most of it seems to just be gas pain. I knew I was pregnant at 4 weeks and this is my first baby so til I was 8 weeks any pain I had I called the doctor. Better to be safe then have something happen. Now 10 weeks and the dr says if there is no bleeding I really shouldn’t worry.

Profile photo of RedRaven
    RedRaven

I’ve noticed mild abdominal pains for the last week or so, which should be the uterus stretching, ( 6 weeks now) but today I noticed my hips have started to ache a bit too. Is that normal?

RedRaven–it could be your joints loosening up some.

Profile photo of RedRaven
    RedRaven

Thanks, that’s good to know. I need to get back in yoga.

Profile photo of cinderella
    cinderella

hello ladies, sorry if what im about to post is in the wrong area i couldnt find one that fitted, i’m 22 weeks pregnant and the last few days my cramping has increased in pain and longer, it seems everytime i move its very painful. i know u get ligament pains but they have gotton worse recently. this is my first pregnancy after one mc earlier this year. im also worried as i usually feel my baby move every night between 9-10:30. but didnt last night, is this somthing to be concerned about, its usually only a few kicks.i think im being paranoid.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.