Breech position

This topic contains 83 replies, has 65 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tracy11 Tracy11 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of i-am-pregnant
    i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

What is the best way to deliver a breech baby?

Profile photo of Chanelle
    Chanelle

I do not think that they wait till the full 40 weeks just because you could go into labor and they normally do not want that. With me they did mine at almost 38 weeks when I tried to have my son moved to the head down position. Any time there is a c-section involved they make you go before or right at 39 weeks. At lest thats how its been for me and my friends who had sections.

Profile photo of CIssy
    CIssy

Does anyone know if your baby is still breech if they wait until 40 weeks to do a c-section or if they do it earlier?

Profile photo of naunilee
    naunilee

Going to the hospital on Thursday to try to get this baby to flip!

naunilee

okay, umm, yeah! I would not wish having to have a baby flipped on my worst enemy! Talk about pain….. not uncomfortable… PAIN! I consider myself to have a pretty high pain tolerance but never again! To make things even worse she didn’t even budge! My Dr. got her to go about 1/4 turn but the second he had to move his hand to readjust she put herself back into my ribs! I wish everyone luck if they are going to have an ECV done, my SIL had one done and it worked great, but I will be having a c-section next week.

naunilee

around 37 weeks, they need to be able to deliver the baby just in case something happens

Profile photo of paula1
    paula1

i m 34 weeks …but my baby is still in breech position…my doctor told me to be just positive….just hoping that baby will flip down..so i can have vaginal delivery..i m afraid of c section as it take more time to recover

Profile photo of kalua80
    kalua80

my baby is footling breech and man does it hurt when he moves. I am getting huge sharp pains to almost make me doubleover. Did anyone else have that?

naunilee

Our baby girl is incomplete breech. So I get her kicks really low as well as my hip. Oh I can’t wait for Friday…… no more breech baby!!!!!!

naunilee

Cissy- I just had my c-section at 39 weeks, last week. Most DR’s won’t have you wait until 40 because they don’t want to chance you going into labor. Our daughter was frank breech although we thought that she was incomplete breech until delivery.

Profile photo of ErinA
    ErinA

sofia… some will turn as late as 38 weeks

Profile photo of sweetp22
    sweetp22

My little boy is breech too and his head is killing me under my right ribs! I also have a septum in my uterus so there is little or no chance he will turn himself around. He is stuck on my right side and I can see his cranium sticking out and his feel doing a step dance on my cervix… it just feels strange down there most times but sometimes it hurts so badly! Anyone else with a septate uterus and a breech baby?

Profile photo of Spencerbaby1
    Spencerbaby1

at 28 weeks my little girl was in a frank breech position. i think she is still breech now (33 weeks) because i can feel her head up in my ribs and all the movements are in my lower stomach and middle. i am having an u/s the first week of february to determine her final position then will be scheduled for a section if needed. i will be 38 weeks at my u/s so when would they schedule the section? for 39 weeks?

Profile photo of alison3773
    alison3773
    Participant

My son was butt first and really low at my 38 week appt and my OB said not to worry, that he still had time to turn around and that they would only do a C section if he was still butt down at 39 weeks when I got induced. He turned around sometime that week and I delivered vaginally just fine.

Profile photo of Jenakatessa
    Jenakatessa
    Participant

i was a breech baby,…..does that mean there is a possibility that my baby could be breech?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.