Dehydration

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of BabyMaker39 BabyMaker39 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

16 weeks pregnant and still very ill with hyperemesis gravidarum, its silly now im having to go in for IV rehydration on a weekly basis now, i might as well move in to the hosp (and we’re talking about 5 bags of fluids at one stay before my ketone levels get a little better). My liver function is terrible at the moment, because i have very bad sickness…when will this hell end??

Profile photo of msbondkey
    msbondkey

I have been admitted twice due to dehydration. I have the hyperemesis which have caused me to become dehydrated. I have to drink at least 64oz of water and take the medication they prescribed me in order for me to remain hydrated. It is not a good feeling when your dehydrated, I felt like I was dying at one point.

About 3 weeks ago, I was told tat my amniotic fluid was on the low side, due to the fact that I was dehydrated. My doctor told me to drink more fluids, and to also rest a little more.
    So, I did what the doctor told me, and then two weeks later, when I went back, my amniotic fluid was ack up to were it was supposed to be. ^^

Profile photo of Scaredmommy
    Scaredmommy

Last thursday I was hospitalized due to dehydration at 22 weeks. I was extremely dehydrated due to a bug of some sort that I got from my children. My tip is if you feel you should go to the hospital because you can’t keep anything down then go. My doctor had said to wait 12 hours from when I started vomiting and I was about as dehydrated as you can get by the time I arrived at the hospital according to them. I received 6 bags of fluid and had my contractions stopped before I could go home the next day.

Profile photo of BabyMaker39
    BabyMaker39

Wasn’t sure where to put this. I am not totally dehydrated but my eyes are. And I also am not pregnant, as far as I know. But I am trying. (or rather, as DH likes to put it, we aren’t preventing.) The only thing I have noticed lately that seems possibly promising is consistently dry eyes. But honestly I have no idea if this is a pregnancy symptom, really. My nails and hair seem to have good growth and luster too. But anyway…. just wondering if any of you preggos (congrats!) experienced anything like this in early pregnancy. Thank you.

Profile photo of i-am-pregnant
    i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

Have you had the recommended amounts of water today?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.