Headache

This topic contains 23 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of lmladybug78 lmladybug78 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of joannapianna
    joannapianna

I have never suffered from migraines until this pregnancy.

I got my first headache around 20 wks, my arms where numb, my vision distorted and physically sick, i even developed a rash on my legs and arms! My body being so sensitive had a very adverse reaction to the migraine. I began to notice a pattern, so every 6 wks i would get another, luckily the symptoms became less each time, just a headache, my midwife told me it was ok to take 2 paracetamol when it came on. Yesterday i was 32 wks, luckily today was my day off work, but i spent most of that day in bed with a migraine, my vision was distorted to begin with, but with lots of bedrest it wore off. Other than that, my BP, Iron levels etc…have all been great, i havent gained to much weight, an overall good pregnancy, minus the migraines! I hope todays one was the last of them.

Profile photo of Belly629
    Belly629

OMG!! These headaches are absolutely horrible! Its been days for me and if I have a long day I get one automatically! UGH! Help! I have already taken Tylenol 4 times since I have been pregnant and they have been so bad that I had to! I haven’t wanted to do anything wrong I haven’t even had a cup of tea or coffee! Taking the Tylenol is torture for me but a last resort! I don’t like to take antything when I’m not pregnant… What should I do??

Profile photo of MARKEISHA
    MARKEISHA

THE HEADACHES ARE TORCHURE UUGGHH I MEAN THEY BRING TEARS TO MY EYES LITERALLY . THEY RANGE FROM TENSION TO MIGRAINE HEADACHES . I EVEN SEE THE BLACK SPOTS OR MY VISION GETS BLURRED . IF ITS 1 THING I CAN’T TAKE ITS A DAMN HEADACHE . I TAKE TYLENOL ALL DAY LITERALLY I MEAN I BUY 3 OR 4 PKS A DAY .LASTNITE MY HEAD WAS HURTING SO BAD IT MADE MY BACK TEETH HURT.

Profile photo of thecoyz
    thecoyz

I have suffered from migraines since I was 16. The seem to go away when I get preggo. But, this pregnancy they are still coming atleast once or twice a week. I was prescribed Tylenol 3 and fioricet. It seems to be working so far. The doctors would rather me take those then have to take Zomig…which is what I take when I am not pregnant.

Profile photo of Jenakatessa
    Jenakatessa

i have a friggen headache…and his name is jamie…its 7 am and iv been u since 5 to a pest of a boyfriend who likes to dig his knees into me when hes sleeping, gets up early for a friggen smoke and comes to bed stinking like a ashtray and turns the bloody tv on loud…not to mention the stupid animal living in our stupid wall that wont shut the hell up, i feel like punching a hole in the wall and grabbing wthaver it is by the neck and burrying it in the 30-40 centimeters of snow that has accumulated over the last couple days….now that i have kicked the bf outta the bedroom..im going to go and try to sleep….ill let you know if i pucnhed the hole in the wall….
    Pregnant and cranky

Profile photo of NonhlanhlaM
    NonhlanhlaM

Afikpo Chic > Oh i have a very bad headach, but they say it’s normal, i’m taking Painblok for it and they work wonders! It’s good that it has reduced!

Profile photo of stephncorey
    stephncorey

Hello Ladies- This is my first pregnancy and Im 16 weeks three days along. I was wondering if anyone else out there was suffering from constant headaches? Ive seemed to have a mild headache for two weeks now- the pain is a dull throbbing but it just wont quit which is starting to make me nuts. All I want to do is sleep which isnt really working out since I have a life to live. Ive tried Tylenol, and drinking more water and it just doesnt cut it. I also went to the doctor yesterday and b.p is great- so Im just FRUSTERATED!! Any advice? Anyone else going through this? It’s making daily activities horrible and my motivation has gone down the tubes!

Profile photo of fiskaval
    fiskaval

i have had headaches most my life…… had to go off all the meds because of being pregnant…. but have had some headaches.. was told Tylenol was ok… RIGHT…

Profile photo of luvababe
    luvababe
    Participant

yes it is ok…ive taken tyleno my whole pgncy..so its ok…but 2 be safe talk 2 ur family doc…

Profile photo of wishingpink
    wishingpink

O agree. I think it is okay but be safe and ask adoc

Profile photo of NoahWmommy
    NoahWmommy

Kelly – you may want to talk to your doctor about getting a migraine pill. I had a migraine for 3 days straight, it made my blood pressure rise and i started to swell because it was my bodies way of trying to fight it. My doctor finally put me on Fiorinal (sp?) and i’ve only had to take it 2 times since she gave me the initial prescription. My doctor told me that the risks of taking the medication out weight the risks of not taking any. Hope this helps!

Profile photo of lee31
    lee31

Oh thank god its normal i have tension headaches maybe from caffeine withdrawl , not taking anything yet trying to be good lol but i am on the edge lol

Profile photo of lucky4me
    lucky4me

I am 13 wks pregnant and have been suffering from severe headaches. I had to go to the ER last week and they put me on vicodin for the pain but I really don’t want to spend the next 6 mo on pain meds… Anyone have any advice or tricks of the trade to pass on… Things to mention to the Dr maybe? Anything couldn’t hurt at this point…. Much needed advice!

Profile photo of KellyParker
    KellyParker

I get headaches/ migraines every night like clockwork. Nothing ever works. I’m not sure what else to do, hopefully they will end soon. I’m 22 weeks.

Profile photo of dualjoy
    dualjoy

Tension Headaches – For anyone suffering from headaches that start at the back of your neck and extend to the top of your head & behind your eye(s) – I was suffering for 2 months – I’ve been to a neurologist, for a massage & everything. My doctor said it was a tension headache & I just had to suffer through it. I took it upon myself to go to a physiotherapist & she has already rid me of headaches in 3 treatments. Apparently there are muscles at the base of your skull that can trigger headaches. When we’re pregnant & our ligaments start to loosen up, muscles can over compensate. She has released the pressure & my headaches are gone. So don’t suffer – see a qualified physiotherapist – they might be able to help you, too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.