Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of i-am-pregnant i-am-pregnant 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

i have the big itch!! I hate OC its horrible unfortunately i have also suffered from hyperemesis gravidarum severely and lost over 3 stone. I am being induced on 20th April (at 35 wks pregnant) cos of the risk of still birth and cos im soo poorly with all these stupid pointless conditions! Has anyone else suffered with both OC and HG, i was wondering if they were related?

Profile photo of suzi
    suzi

i had this with maja and was induced ;ast year for iy at 37 weeks and had biweekely NSTS

Profile photo of lifebaby825
    lifebaby825

Just wondering how many have dealt with cholestasis of pregnancy & when you were induced. We are waiting for lab results to come back, but my doc feels that I do have this. He is acting like it is no big deal & doesn’t want to induce until 38 wks. I am not comfortable with this after reading how most woman are taken at 36 wks to prevent stillbirth. I am terrified if we wait that long something bad will happen to my baby. I can’t stop worrying over this & that’s not healthy either. I’m currently 35 wks 4 days & won’t see my doc until 36 wks 2 days…any info or advice would be appreciated!

Profile photo of jennalexie
    jennalexie

hi ive been having blood tests done for o/c my last one was my alt was 31 and my bile was 2 they have repeated it and im waiting for the bloods to come i am very itch all over anyone help ?

Profile photo of i-am-pregnant
    i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

Hi I want to share my experience with all of you. I developed ICP in my first pregnancy in seventh month. I had severe itching and was given medication. I had liver function blood test every week. The doctor said that I would be induced around 37 or 38 weeks but I went into labour at 35 weeks. My son was completely healthy and is now two years old. Now I am pregnant again and have developed ICP at the end of seventh month. I am sure this time too things will be fine.

Profile photo of i-am-pregnant
    i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

How can I control the intense itching that is associated with ICP?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.