Mucus plug

This topic contains 84 replies, has 74 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ChumChum ChumChum 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)
  • Author

I think my mucus plug came away but it was more of an orangy red colour? and ever since i been getting a crampy feeling and back ache…could this be a sign of labour? my waters havent broke so quite confuseddd. any advice would help thanksss xxx

Profile photo of dottie26
    dottie26

ok i am kinda confused. this past friday nite i went to the bathroom and after i wped myself i noticed blood on the tissue not much of course, then i had to go again like 10 minutes later and i saw fluid on the back of my shorts. i knew it wasnt urine because i didn’t have to pee that bad and it didnt smell like urine. i saw on the floor by the toilet clear fluid and i rubbed my finger through it a little bit and it felt oily. i have no clue if it was the mucus plug or not but i am just assuming so. do anyone have any idea what that could’ve been? thanx 4 the info…

Profile photo of ceecee20
    ceecee20

Hi you guys! to answer dottie26 question, i have never known a piece of mucas plug to be oily. im pregnant with my second child now and mine have never been oily. just snotty and mucous (if that’s a word) lol. but anyway i have a lil question of my own. im 29 wks 4 days and i lost my mucas plug last night. i think this is way too early. because with my last son i lost it at 38 wks and had him a week later. so i dont know what to think…what do you guys think?

Im 31 weeks,and lost part of my MP 2 days ago,and some yesterday. I called the DR the first day,he told me to drink lots of water,stay off my feet,and dont have sex. Well today I have started having a lot of pessure in my pelvic,and Im starting to have cramps in my back. I see my Dr in the moring.

Profile photo of BabyMiqueas
    BabyMiqueas

Hello,
    I am 30 weeks tomorrow and yesterday I noticed that I had something coming out I don’t know if it was the mucus plug or just discharge.
    My discharge is white and slipery where this was more snot like and yellowish.. has this happened to anyone else??
    I am worried..

This is absolutely bananas I never even knew a freakin mucus plug existed until I got pregnant…this baby is just going to do some freaky things to my body huh? I swear my Maman was right saying she went through hell to have us. While most things about my pregnancy is certainly cutesy and marvelous…that image they have on this site is just nasty…I do not want that slipping out of me ick.

Profile photo of mstosh216
    mstosh216

MYBABYISMYHEART~I HAVE LOST MY MUCUS PLUG BEFORE IT DOESNT ALWAYS HAVE TO LOOK LIKE THAT . MINE WAS THICK AND LIGHT YELLOW .SO DONT WORRY , PLUS TRUST ME YOUR MUCUS PLUG IS NOT THE NASTIEST THING YOU WILL SEE , TOUCH, SMELL, OR TASTE ON YOUR PREGNANCY JOURNEY.

Profile photo of mandamay
    mandamay

ms.tosh… ha ha ha!… so true. I can’t believe they have that picture on here! I laughed and laughed. But it is just one of the very many ‘glamorous’ parts of being pregnant. Don’t worry mybabyismyheart, it’s true that your mucus plug might not be like that… I lost mine over 2 days and it was just like a clear mucus discharge. The good thing is that despite all the nasty stuff… what you get at the end is well worth it. Good luck! :0-)

im pretty sure ive been losing my plug slowly ever since about a month 1/2 ago… it started off where it was once a day or so when i would notice the gelly-like stringy thick but completely clear discharge when i would wipe. there was a decent amount and took me a few rewipes to get it all. now, im noticing it more… almost Every time i wipe, everyday, and theres more at a time and is really gelly like..but still clear in color. this is my 2nd pregnancy, and i never noticed this with my first child…but that labor never came on its own.. i was induced after due date because i wasnt showing any progression..i lost my plug during the inducement. so i dont know what to look for this time around, but… from what i read and am told by other women.. its my plug coming out in pieces? im 31 weeks. im not too concerned about it, im sure itll be a WHILE before i actually go into labor! lol

Profile photo of Kima2cold
    Kima2cold

Im only 31 weeks and ive started losing my mucus plug just today… Mine was stringy, snotty, white/yellowish…. ewww lol

Profile photo of amandapmills
    amandapmills
    Participant

I’m 39 wks 3 days and yesterday i lost a BIG glob of my mucous plug and this morning I lost some more of it. This time it had bloody streaks in it!!! I;m so excited! only a few more days hopefully!!!

Profile photo of L0VELy
    L0VELy

im pretty sure my mucus plug came out. or is slowly…i used the bathroom and there was a lot of eggwhite like dischrage but only thicker. thnen even more came out an hour later..then nothing sence. it was clear and yellowish. with my 1st pregnancy it was a bit harder and more jello like. im 35 weeks.

Profile photo of smo
    smo

I am 10 weeks pregnant and I was wondering if anyone ever noticed gelatinus snotty discharge this early. It’s not a lot of discharge but there is a litte string or ‘booger’ size discharge every time I go to the bathroom. Should I be concerned?? I was spotting a couple of weeks ago but according to ultrasounds baby is doing good.

Profile photo of L0VELy
    L0VELy

ok so I guess I was losing it slowly. Today I lost my bloody show!! A huge bloody glob. Oh gosh I’m due in 6 days I hope something is happening.

Profile photo of 5thbabyd
    5thbabyd
    Participant

i am almost 31 weeks and today i wiped and noticed an eggwhite snotty thick substance. a little later more came out. could this be my plug or should i not be concerned? i never had this with my other pregnancies.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.