Placenta

This topic contains 151 replies, has 112 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of bellyfullofjelly bellyfullofjelly 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 152 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of i-am-pregnant
    i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

What happens to the placenta after delivery?

Profile photo of sydbabe
    sydbabe

Im 23 weeks pregnant and have been told my placenta is anteria and low lying. Im due to have another ultrasound when im 30 weeks. But lately have been feeling alot of pressure in my pelvis area and have been feeling lightheaded. Im a little worried.

Profile photo of Irene1
    Irene1

Normally, the placenta is developed onto the upper side of the uterus, but it can accidentally develop onto the inferior side. This is usually seen at the echography from week 20. In this case, the ultrasound will be redone later on, because in most cases, as the uterus enlarges, the placenta will move up towards the upper walls. Nevertheless, there are cases in which the placenta remains inferior, covering the internal opening of the cervix (placenta praevia). In this cases, the baby’s exit is blocked and a cesarean is required. Placenta praevia can cause bleeding.
    ( http://www.childwiki.com/index.php/Placenta )

Profile photo of Scaredmommy
    Scaredmommy

I am 29 weeks pregnant with placenta accreta possibly percreta attached to my bladder. I am having a scheduled c-section/hysterectomy at 36 weeks pregnant. I have been informed I will likely need a blood transfusion, surgery on my bladder, and my incision will be vertical so doctors will have a better view and I will have less blood loss. This is a very overwhelming condition to have while pregnant. I worry everyday about haemorrhaging and about my delivery.

Profile photo of Scaredmommy
    Scaredmommy

Update!
    I had my baby boy and am now recovering. Thank goodness. I had placenta increta (placenta deeply grown into the uterus muscles) and my uterus had healed to my bladder after my last c-section. I lost five liters of blood and had to have a blood transfusion. I received 15 units of blood. I had to have a hysterectomy and my bladder repaired. I had a drainage tube coming out of my belly and had to wear a catheter for the full eight days I was in the hospital. Because of the major surgery I was in ICU for two days so nurses brought me my baby a couple times each day. Two weeks later and I am still miserable but doing better! I am very grateful to have had the best doctors and I am here to tell my story.

Profile photo of donnio
    donnio

i am awaiting confirmation of degree of accreta, im so so scared, cant think straight. so scared of the hopitalisation and of the resulting action which will be taken 🙁

Profile photo of ARB00
    ARB00
    Participant

I was just told at my 34 week appt. that there is a great chance that I have this condition and will more than likely need to have a hysterectomy during my already scheduled c-section. This is my 3rd pregnancy and the first two were natural deliveries with no coplications and I still have NONE of the risk factors that lead to this nor Placenta Previa, which I have complete, with no movement at all of the placenta between 20 and 34 weeks. Getting nervous and anxious now only 23 days to go.

Profile photo of KristinaA
    KristinaA

This forum is a bit quiet. Anyone else dealing w/ placenta accreta right now? At this point for me, it’s just suspected and I’ll have another U/S next week to really look for it. My Dr. mentioned it to me 3 weeks ago, so I’ve been pretty nervous, but now with the appt 1 week away, my nerves are increasing.

Profile photo of KristinaA
    KristinaA

Just as an update and a note of encouragement for any ladies who might find themselves here later, I had my follow-up U/S today and there is no reason to suspect placenta accreta. I have a small pocket of blood somewhere in there called a Venous Lake and it decreased in size from 5 CM to 2 CM, so they say it’s something to monitor again (another U/S) but not something to worry about! Yay! 🙂

Profile photo of DAF2105
    DAF2105

Had my U/S 2 days ago, then saw my Family Doctor today who told me I had chances of placenta previa. He didn’t have the results yet (they are sent to my OB/GYN), but I will most likely have a follow up U/S in 10 wks. Meanwhile, I’m out the foot patrol & inside!!! yay! Will keep you posted.

Profile photo of LuckyPenny
    LuckyPenny

So I found out Tuesday that I too have Placenta Previa. Scary stuff! I just pray that it moves up by my next u/s 2 days before xmas. I know no sex and no heavy lifting, anything else? I asked if I should bed on bed rest and he was very laid back and said nope. Just no boom boom. LOL

Profile photo of sefones
    sefones

I JUST WANTED TO SAY WE WENT TO DRS TODAY AND MY COMPLETE PLACENTA PREVIA HAS COMPLETLY MOVED OUT OF THE WAY AND INTO THE NORMAL RANGE….EVERYTHING ON THE INTERNET SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME, SO I AM POSTING TO SAY, EVEN IF ITS COMPLETE, IT CAN MOVE OUT OF WAY. GOOD LUCK TO ALL WHO ARE DEALING WITH THIS ISSUE AND I HOPE ETHIER IT MOVES OR YOU HAVE A SMOOTH C-SECTION

Profile photo of Jerika26
    Jerika26

Hello everyone. I had vaginal bleeding 2 1/2 weeks ago & went to the e.r. I was told I have placenta previa. I hope it moves up! I don’t want a c-section. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I can’t believe I have this condition.

Profile photo of mrsdenney
    mrsdenney

low lying or partial previa usually does clear itself up. i do not believe there are any restrictions on travel however there is restrictions as far as sex or any other things like that. you would have to check with your doctor on that one. jerika- please be careful as far as the bleeding is concerned. i was diagnosed with previa during a bleeding episode. when the placenta moved and i was cleared…..i bled again. i ended up giving birth at 30 weeks due to abruption. i am not saying it will happen to you however i want to stress that you need to rest and limit activities as much as possible.

Profile photo of Korrie
    Korrie

well ladies i went to the docs two days ago and they said that my complete placenta previa has gone up!!!! yay !! but i have a question. I it posaible for the placenta to move back down????please write me on my profile if u have any answers. Thanks!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 152 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.