Swelling edema in pregnancy

This topic contains 14 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of babyluv843 babyluv843 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of jmercedess
    jmercedess

Im close to 18 weeks and I work at a hotel standing for 8 hours Ive been swelling in my calfs and ankles and it hurts

Profile photo of jhjohnston
    jhjohnston

I am having lots of swelling and it is driving me nuts. please give me some tips. I am at 29 weeks and just cant stand it anymore. it hurts to walk or do anything!

I’m 1 day overdue today =( I don’t think he’s ever coming out…my legs and feet have been so bad with swelling this last week..they look almost exactly like the picture =(

Profile photo of pregnantladi
    pregnantladi

Im 19 weeks and have woken up this morning with very swollen hands. I dont have any other signs of Preeclampsia not dizziness or pains anywhere else!!! I had a scan only 2 days ago and they said the baby was fine and have a midwife’s appointment 2 morrow. Does anyone else suffer from this????? Worried. 🙁

Profile photo of danaw
    danaw

I am 25 weeks and have had some swelling, BUT today my feet, ankle, and calf has swelled up like a balloon!!! Only one though, the other side has seemed to stay its normal semi-swollen self… Is this really normal????

Profile photo of Vikki
    Vikki

Boy this is HORRIBLE, I am BALLOON GIRL!!!!!!!! Ugggg. Oh well It’s nearly over, I’m 37 wks:-D

Profile photo of msmeli81
    msmeli81

lately its been hot where i live and my legs and ankles have been swelling up a lot and hurting…so i keep my feet elevated and it feels alot better…

Profile photo of schweetbaby
    schweetbaby

swelling in pregnancy is normal! i m 23 weeks pregnant. I was told to eat salt and salty food very less to avoid swelling and other complications later. I m trying….hoping for the best!

Profile photo of AimeeLou1985
    AimeeLou1985
    Participant

I’m 32 weeks pregnant and have just noticed I have swelling in my feet & ankles, I know its normal to have swelling but I can’t help worrying! As I’m at work I can’t really do much to prevent it, I have my legs up but they’re not above my bottom. When I get home I’m going to have a lavendar foot bath with cool water. Plus its a very sunny day in England today!!

Profile photo of dgirl
    dgirl

So i have swelling in my lower calves and ankles and the tops of my feet (swince like week 30). But it helps when I elevate for sure. My hands were buggin me though. Could hardly brush my teeth when I woke up b/c my grip on the toothbrush was so fat and loose. THEN one day my hands went back to normal (almost) and I figured out I had eaten bananas a few hours before. It has something to do with potassium. Anyway TRY it and let me know if I am crazy!? It totally works for most of the day. HAd to try and hlep b/c that is sooo simple!!!

for the past couple of days i started having swelling in my right foot (on top) its really starting to bother me ive told my doctor and he said its normal at the end of pregnancy to start to swell and to make sure im drinking enough fluids a day and to watch my salt intake

Profile photo of Lilmissesmum
    Lilmissesmum

mamabarbara25 I would go and get a second opinion if I was you just to be on the safe side.

Would they give you fluid pills if you went to the ER? I have no more butt as my legs & feet are swollen all the way up. I’ve had a horrible pain in my feet for weeks without the swelling going away night after night, my doctors say its normal, but I have sores on my ankle due to them blowing up so badly. My mom say it looks like the skin is starting to break open on my feet/ankle area.

Profile photo of babyluv843
    babyluv843

Has anyone had POST pregnancy swelling? I wasnt swelling untill after I had my son, well a little in like the l;ast week…but im 8 days pp now and my feet hands anf face are still swollen! I am drinking ALOT of water as I am breastfeeding, is that maybe why? should I like take a water pill?

Profile photo of i-am-pregnant
    i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

When does normal swelling become alarming?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.