Trisomy

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of  Anonymous 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of i-am-pregnant
    i-am-pregnant
    Keymaster

How does Trisomy affect a child?

Nobody here has heard of this? I am 20 weeks and my daughter was just diagnosed with having Trisomy 18.

Profile photo of shellb
    shellb

My last baby was diagnosed with Trisomy 13 at 21 weeks, further scans showed her problems were so severe that she probably would not even survive full term, every organ in her body had major problems, we had no choice but to save her from suffering anymore. We have just found out we are pregnant again, I am so scared it will happen again. Has anyone gone through a similar experience?

Profile photo of mylight
    mylight

My little boy has full Trisomy 18 and is thriving. He will be 3 years old on 29 April and doing so many things the doctors said he would never do ……. he is living, he is comfortable and he is happy. If you want to talk send me a message.

I also have a blog – http://www.lior-mylight.blogspot.com if you would like to read about Lior

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Wow….slow forum! Suspected trisomy 18 here. No amnio but U/S confirms many problems. My baby isn’t expected to live past birth more than a few hours. ANyone else here with the similar news? send a message to my page. I feel so alone.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.