Twins

This topic contains 139 replies, has 93 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tummymummy tummymummy 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 140 total)
  • Author

this may seem like an odd question, but i was pondering this last night… i have always wanted twins, but have not had any just blessed with singletons… the question i had is.. more so with identical, how is it you know who is who… like i said i was thinking of this last night, and it terrified me to know that if i had twins, i would not be able to tell them apart… so i was just currious as to how you do it… thanks, and congrats to those that have their babies, and those on their way to having them…

Profile photo of EmilyorMLE
    EmilyorMLE

hi ladies. Were any of you diagnosed with gestational diabetes while you were pregnant?

Profile photo of Ash96743
    Ash96743
    Participant

I am new to this site, but have loved reading the posts so far! I am 19wks3days pregnant with twin boys. My husband and I have 3 children already, so I was scared and excited at the same time to find two little sacs in there! I found myself pulling my maternity clothes at around 8 weeks and had constant morning sickness (which was new to me). Just had a check up today, I look huge, but everything is going great, my Dr said 35wks is the goal we are shooting for, that sounds so scary to me, but I know it is out of my hands for the most part. Hope all is well with everyones pregnancies!!

Profile photo of mandarae
    mandarae

I was wondering when your twins started paying attention to each other. My girls will be 17 weeks this Thursday. The other night they were nursing and Karissa just stopped and stared at her sister… saying ‘ahh goo’ to her, but Breanne was nursing away staring off into space. I really think Karissa was trying to get her to coo back (thats what I do when she starts talking, I think she expected this from her sister) Just wondering when it happened and how they reacted to each other…

Profile photo of omgtwins
    omgtwins

My girls do the same thing. One will be staring and talking to the other but her sister just doesn’t notice that she is talking to her. A few times lately they have made eye contact and one will smile at the other but not to much interaction between the two of them yet. They just turned 3 months. But I love it when I’m nursing them and they hold hands between my breasts it is so cute I have cried because even though they are just crabbing at anything they feel it is so sweet and I know they know it is the other one there touching.

mandarae

My girls hold hands when eating too! Every time I see it, I fall in love with them a little bit more! They don’t sleep well apart either… I need to put them within touching distance for them to sleep good… Twins are great! I remember how scared I was when I found out that I was having two (I didn’t find out till my 20 wk u/s) and now, I couldn’t imagine life any other way!!!

mandarae

I have been curious about that.. so good to know! My girls were born pretty premature, so I have to look at their development different, instead of a 3 month old baby, I need to look at them like they are 1 1/2 months old – which is hard to do sometimes. I still don’t have them sleeping in a crib in their room… they have been camping with mama – but mama is FINALLY starting to get some sleep and I think I am scared to move them for fear that I will lose the sleep I worked so hard to get.

What about you ladies?? Do your babies sleep where ‘they are supposed to’ and what age did they begin?

mandarae

My twins are fraternal… they are 4 months 1 week old. I have them on the same feeding schedule, they nap at the same time, and some days even poop at the same time. If one is crying, the other doesn’t wake up… They even wake up together around 3-4 am to eat with each other. I guess I am going against what others have told you, but my girls are in sync with each other!

Profile photo of Annie
    Annie
    Participant

Hi,
    Ihave non-identical b/g twins and they will be 2 in July, i have noticed that they are not really in sync with each other, but they prefere to be in close proximity so that they can see each other, then again they have been like it since they were born, never woke at same time for feeds always woke every 2 hours at alternative times, and to this day they still do it now they have not sleapt through yet, but they dont wake each other up.

Profile photo of Redheadmama
    Redheadmama

if you want to see gorgeous, healthy newborn twins… look at the picture I just posted on my page of my brand new nephew and niece!! miracles.

Profile photo of completnme
    completnme

My twins r measuring as if they have twin to twin tranfusion-one is 1 1/2 pnds the other is 2 1/2 pounds and I’m 26 weeks,I go back in 2 weeks and if baby A hasn’t caught up they r delivering them-i am so sad-my husband is so scared talkin about it makes him just angry like I’m giving up-i have 2 placentas so this really caught us off guard.any advice or similar situations is really needed right now..

Profile photo of domevapurple
    domevapurple

emilic congrats ur the luckyone to have a twin… good luck for your baby! god bless

Profile photo of Ronke
    Ronke

Am expecting twins and i am in my second trimester, this is my first pregnancy am so scared and worried. i want everything to be okay for the babies. Please send any advise you may have about twins please.

mandarae

UGH! We went to my parents house last weekend and ever since, my girlies do NOT want to sleep at the same time during the day. I am SO drained! I try my best to keep one awake if she’s sleepy andthe other isn’t. I know how to fix it, I just dont know if I have the energy to anymore…. Daddy has been working out of town, sometimes I think if I just don’t get some rest, I might go crazy!

Im 31 weeks pregnant with non identical twin girls. This is probably tmi but i think lost my mucus plug the other night. So i was pretty much just wondering when (if you noticed) other people lost theirs. And since then all the women im around think im going to pop any day because ‘the way im acting’, think they could be right?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 140 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.