Write a new blog
|07-8-2009 - Help....please?
||My mood while writing this blog:|
This is a poll I posted yesterday in hopes that someone could help me….
What should I do? We just moved and now my 4 mo old won`t sleep through the night anymore and constantly whines and cries to be held....PLEASE comment!! (Baby poll by 13yearsapart, yesterday) Please help me, I am losing my mind!!
rachmarie (14.6 hours ago) My suggestion is to hold your baby if she needs to be held. She wants you for a reason. She is probably getting used to the new place and needs to know that you are there for her...its most likely just a phase. Love on her
nutnut (1 days ago) when the baby wakes up try feeding LO back to sleep with a bottle but do not pick up baby or talk to baby. you can give water if you dont want to give formula or breast milk in a bottle (if youre strictly bf) keep the room fairly dark just enough for you to see LO. and try not to wake baby up all the way. thats how i got mine to go back to sleep. i was still there in the room but i didnt pick her up or over stimulate her. there were also nights i would just keep my hand in her basinette so she knew i was there then move it when she settled back.
And this is my answer to the things posted on my poll: I hold her all the time, I think that is the problem....if I put her down to play or have tummy time she cries until we pick her up. We have tried everything to get her to sleep again and nothing is working...it's like she has reverted back to being a week old again. I'm not saying I don’t' want to hold my child or spend time with her, I'm saying that I can't do anything but hold her when I get home....that leaves everything for my family to do in the house and I get no time to myself. Maybe I am being too selfish....I don't know. I just can't seem to make her happy.
I am at my whit’s end…she’s teething, she’s in a new house, and sharing a room with us now…I am just so sad that she seems to hate me cause she is happy and smiley for everyone else. My life is crap right now and this just makes it all the worse….what do I do?
6 Comments on Help....please?jterrill08
- Monday, 10 Aug I'm praying for you, hon! I wish I knew what to tell you. When Laya wakes in the night, we just put her passy back in her mouth and she is OUT. But, I let Laya sleep on her tummy. Its the only way she is comfortable. Every child is different so its so hard to suggest something when I've never met your baby. I just know that it won't last forever and YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS!!!! Just hang in there hon. jb tysl
- Friday, 7 Aug I can only say I will pray for you and your baby...hope that your baby will be use to the place ya!God bless! riknlee
- Friday, 7 Aug you will both get there. I find that just when something is settled, it goes back to whatever way it was before or a new circumstance like teething or diarrhea or sickness comes along and disrupts routines. I agree with the others. Get everyone who can understand to chip in so you can be there for her through this difficult time she is having. In my family, we got all the girls to get paid for cooking dinner, washing clothes and helping out in any way they could so I could devote my time to bubbsy. They can't speak so they communicate the only way they know how. you will both make it through, just surrender. unless of course she has reflux, or colic or something,love xxx kaysfamily
- Friday, 7 Aug ohhh hun i'm sorry, i remeber those days lol have u thought of giving her some oval for her tummy and i also sang to eric and played w he's feet to get him him a happy mood, maybe some teething gel as well will work great! she might not like the taste of it first but it will numb her gums and hopeful it works. eric also liked to be outside when it was nice out and at night i wrap him in a blanket and take him outside to the porch for a little bit to feel the air and cool off. maybe she is having gas pains? or tummy hurts give her some motrin if u want and a nice warm bath and then bottle hopeful she will sleep. let me know how it goes :) i'm always around kathy aliwitbaby
- Friday, 7 Aug my son was sleeping through the night but now he isn't and we just moved... but he started not sleeping through the night before we moved.. Now he has a tooth! Maybe its the age? Try to make her surroundings look like they did at the old house. Otherwise just be patient.. I know i'm trying to be! liz82
- Friday, 7 Aug i am sorry hun i hope it gets better for you soon i know it aint easy my little girl who is now 3 years old when she was only just a few moths old she would cry and cry nothing could clam her i would hold her talk to her bath her change her diaper everything you could think of and nothing worked but now i realize why she was like that my daugther has sensory intergration and autism and i am not saying in anyway thats what your little girl has . i am just letting you know you arent alone . i am here for you if i can help in any way just let me know