Write a new blog
|08-8-2008 - Plz Read
||My mood while writing this blog:|
So today I went to the sonogram to check for DS etc. and the appt. was going good and then she went to do the ultrasound and almost right away asked if we wanted to know the sex. (Yeah baby has been REALLY cooperative:) and without even thinking I said "YES" and she said it looks like a boy. I am still in disbelief. Im happy that baby is healthy (no signs of DS or physical abnormalities) and say baby playing and moving , has all fingers and toes, but I still find myself "unsure" about how I feel about the sex. I mean Im happy of course, but I already have a daughter and thought it would be easy with another girl. Now Im getting scared .....am I going to be a good mom to a boy?!? Do I do things different with him than our daughter??? I have many thoughts running through my head right now and my hubby wasnt much help. He doesnt understand that feeling of uncertainty. Now the dr. said she was 80% sure, but as many dr.s say "dont paint the room yet!" but she was pretty confident about her claim. As a matter of fact I thought I saw his little thingy. I even asked if it could be a female with swollen private. She said of course but unlikely. I kinda found myself doubting it. I just need someone to tell me they understand the feeling Im having. I would love any child that comes into our lives but Im scared of the unfamiliar road ahead, you know? penis' and stuff...LOL I also wonder if Aiyana will be able to have a good relationship with a boy as she would a girl. ...help.....I need advice..... P. s added more baby pics
7 Comments on Plz Readbunno3
- Sunday, 10 Aug I totally get it...
My first was a girl, and we had such a wonderful experience with her that I truly wanted another girl. Although deep in my heart I felt it would be a boy, and it was. It's a weird feeling....I remember being happy about knowing it was a boy, but also being disappointed.
I had girl clothes, toys, & knew how to communicate with girls. I really was worried about bringing up a little "man" that would someday be responsible for his own family someday, and I didn't want to screw him up...
Strange what goes thru our heads when we're pregnant huh?
Anyways, my son is wonderful. not that I never though he wouldn't be. But, you'll eventually get used to it.
It's neat to see how different they grow up.
My daughter was very early with talking, walking, etc.
My son is 20 mos. & barely talks, walked after his first b-day, but he's absolutely normal.
I dunno what this baby is yet, but again I'm hoping for a girl. I guess I"ll just have to keep my fingers crossed. Good Luck Girlie!! baby-elmore
- Sunday, 10 Aug Glad to hear that everything is going well with you and the baby. If it's truly alittle boy, you're in for a trat. My little man is amazing and before he got here I had never even changed a diaper. Hang in there... lulu99
- Saturday, 9 Aug the same thing happened to me, I had my 12 week scan 2 weeks ago... and the doctor told me he was 80% it was a girl because all he could see were 3 lines. nothing more. jejejje! He told me that if it's a boy, he still has a month to develop his little thingy. :) So we'll see! I've always felt it's a girl from day one...we'll see! How are you feeling? -newnaam
- Saturday, 9 Aug Just know I felt the same way w/my son. At the time my daughter was only 2 and I thought it would be easier to have another girl. When they said "it's a boy" I cried!!!! It took me a good wk to come to terms w/it....now I can't imagine my life w/o him...he's so much more enjoyable and less dramatic than my daughter!! Boys and girls are both fun in their own way....don't get upset now. You still should have another sonogram later and just think....alot of people would love to have one of each! J9
- Saturday, 9 Aug Hey there!
Firstly, congrats on the sonogram going well and baby being healthy!
I can sort of identify with how you feel, although I don't have children yet.. but I'm kinda scared of having a girl! For some reason I'm just worried how I'd cope with her as a teenager and stuff like that! I think it's because I went through a really rough patch with my mother when I was a teen so I'm scared the same thing will happen!! But I just keep reminding myself that we will grow together and by then things will unfold as they should and I will try to learn from the mistakes my mother made ;-)
I don't think you need to worry about how your daughter will feel.. she will love her little brother and you might even find she copes better with a boy cause he won't be competing for her 'girl' position in the family! I know people who have one of each and they get on great and some who have 2 of the same who are totally different so I don't think gender necessarily plays a role in how well your kids will get on!
Don't feel bad about how you feel... you'll get over it and of course I know that you will love this baby with all your heart! When he arrives, you'll hold him in your arms and won't be able to imagine your life without him! I really believe the babies who come into our lives are the people we're meant to share our lives with so if you have a boy this time this is the special person you were meant to have!!
Love, Janine xx cgmom2b
- Saturday, 9 Aug your daughter will be fine! i have 4 brothers and we are all SUPER close! my older brother is seriously one of my best friends! i'm sure you'll be amazed at how close they can be :) good luck and congrats! mistyns
- Saturday, 9 Aug Boys are great. You will fall in love with your son and be a great mommy. It just comes naturally. Best of luck to you.