Write a new blog
|15-11-2011 - Life In a New House
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Ok so I haven't updated for quite some time. I had moved back to Texas from August 28th until October 29th. I'm back in Canada again and life is getting better. My boyfriend bought a house and I moved in with him. So far it's going good but I fear that without counseling it'll all go to crap again. Anberlin is two years old!! I can't believe it. Where does the time go? It seems like just yesterday I took that test and with one word it changed my life forever, Pregnant. My baby is not a baby anymore! She talks very much and is very smart. She says long sentences and says, please, thank you, your welcome, and she'll ask for things instead of demanding them (though I do have to remind her sometimes!). She is a pleasant little toddler to be around, I'm so proud of her! I am having issues with getting her to use the potty. I have no idea how to get her to pee in the toilet! Does anyone have any ideas?
The house we got is pretty nice. It's a short walk to town which is handy since I don't have a car. It's a 3 bed/2bath with 2 fireplaces, one downstairs and one on the main floor. Upstairs there are two bedrooms one of which is Anberlin's, she absolutely adores it and tells us to get out when she wants to go to sleep haha. It's cute now but it won't be when she's a teenager! There's an in ground pool in the back. That's my biggest concern because Anberlin is only two and does not know how to swim. We are planning to get her enrolled in a swimming class in the summertime. There's a bathroom downstairs (it's a finished basement) and one on the main floor. I wish it was a master bedroom with an ensuite but our room is the smallest in the house and the bathroom is separate. Though it would be nice to have a combo it's just as good having it this way so we don't have to have people going into our room to use the toilet! It's a pain to try and keep up with the house, there are two flights of stairs that I have to run up and down everyday. Sure is good exercise for my legs!
I love living in Canada. I can honestly say that I don't miss my hometown. I miss some of the people but I wouldn't move there if I didn't have to. There's astounding beauty here and plenty of things to do like canoeing, fishing with bare hands! , going to Lake Eerie, exploring the wooded areas and parks, sledding, admiring the christmas decor, the people out here are nice and very inviting. There are some comforts I've had to do without but all in good time they'll be available to me again.
Christmas is almost here! I'm excited. Can't wait to get a tree and decorate the house! Not to mention putting up stockings by the fire place! I have no idea what to get Anberlin for christmas! Any good ideas for a two year old? She loves books, dolls, stickers, coloring, Super Mario (haha!), breaking and fixing things.. I'd love to get her a kitchen set you know the one with the cabinets and pots and pans and fake food. I always wanted one as a kid but never got one. Either that or a little yorkie puppy. What do you guys think? On another note, my little sister became a mom on October 14th! Raegan June was 8 lbs. 5 oz. She turned 17 on September 23rd and had a baby a month later. That exact same thing happened to me! I turned 17 on August 4th and a month later (September 9) Anberlin was born. It's crazy how much we have in common, after all she is my sister! The baby's dad is around and taking good care of them both.
Any who, That's all I have for updates! I hope everyone is having a good day! xx
6 Comments on Life In a New Housenhowa9
- Thursday, 17 Nov Sounds like everything is working out. :) We bought Kyelah a mini wooden kitchen and all the accessories for her xmas last year (she was one and a half) she absolutley loves now being a 2 and a half year old she is clicking into her imagination and uses to kitchen to make food for her baby... this cristmas we are gtting her the baby doll pram/highchair and bouncer set so she can mimmick me. given she will have a baby brother by january!!! :) Babii Anberlin
- Wednesday, 16 Nov Str8 As- Thanks :) Detroit is beautiful I always fly to and from there to get to Texas. I wasn't here for Thanksgiving. This is the second year I won't have a Thanksgiving! I might just celebrate the American one with my little family. Happy Thanksgiving to you too. I'll try that potty tip, thanks :) Str8 As
- Wednesday, 16 Nov HIIIIII! Glad things are going well for you! It is hard to believe our little ones are two! Time does go very quickly! yes counseling is a good idea. I hope everything works out for you. I would love to visit Canada one day. I was able to see it from Detroit a couple times...that is as closes I got :-) I know you already had Thanksgiving up there, but if you still celebrate the American Thanksgiving, Happy Thankgiving to you and your famiy. As far as potty training, I usually sit my girls on the potty about 15 mins after giving them a drink. I would also encourage her to sit when you go. Take care~ Babii Anberlin
- Wednesday, 16 Nov allynne- I was talking to my SO about what to get her and he was like, a remote control car! mom2be01- thank you so much for the potty tips, I will definitely try that! congrats to Breahna being potty trained :) mom2be01(pink)
- Tuesday, 15 Nov I'm at a loss on the Christmas ideas! lol.. Breahna does have a small kitchen though and loves it! She got it for her second birthday. As far as potty training, let the girl run naked from the waist down as much as possible. She will catch on in no time. Have the potty in the middle of the living room floor, or whatever room you are in the most so that she can get to it fast! I started really trying to get Breahna potty trained after her second birthday on August 29th and I can now say that she has been in panites for the last two weeks!!! A few accidents but not many and only in pull ups for nap time and night time. Oh and get rid of the diapers and go to pull ups! She is always amazed when the little design is still on the pull ups when she stays dry! ;) Being in big girl panties is so nice and a huge break before the second little on gets here! :) Good luck! allynne7 (jaime)
- Tuesday, 15 Nov Happy birthday Babygirl! Glad to see everything is working out. And counselling is a good idea. We got Cicely a play kitchen (but her daddy gave it to her early!), mega blocks, a remote control car for 2 year olds and up, building blocks, a talking elmo, crayons and colouring books. Her St. Nick gift is her first pet: a fish!!! Daddy's allergic to cats and Mommy's busy enough with our beagle so a fish it is!