Write a new blog
|23-4-2008 - D-Day has come and gone
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Hi all my beautiful mommies! I must say each and every one of ya'll have been so good to me. You totally cheered me up and I appreciate all of your messages, support and prayers. I only hope that I can do the same for you all when it is your time! Well, I have had some action today, but not enough to go into labor. I have been having contractions on and off all day. For a good hour they were 7 minutes apart and were pretty painful. My belly got hard as a rock, which never happened before. I have had so much yucky mucus discharge, so hopefully that is a good sign. So, I pretty much spent the day resting. I just really don't want to be induced. I want to experience every part of labor. I want God to decided Presley's birthday not Dr.Cone. I know this may sound so silly to some of ya'll. Though I just feel that going into labor has to be the most amazing experience and I want it!!
I am going to try and get some sleep and stop obsessing about this labor stuff. I love you all!! xoxoxo
7 Comments on D-Day has come and gonemy7thbabyduemay20th2008
- Thursday, 24 Apr I was just thinking, your induction may not be as bad as you might think, you are effacing and probably dilating some, by the time you go to the hospital, it maybe a simple thing as breaking your waters, to put you into labour, they will usually do this if you are 3cms or more, so you may not need pitocin, and you won't need prostagladin suppositories to help ripen you, as you are already well on your way, you may not even need a drip of pitocin, just wait and see, those contractions anyhow, believe it or not are there for a good reason, and I know how frustrating it is, when they go away, after you have had a bout of them, but hang in there sweetie, whatever happens, you will be having Presley in your arms in just a few days
- Thursday, 24 Apr I absolutely loved every part of the labor... except for the pain- But the epidural made that all better! I cant wait to go through it again! I was induced... It wasnt that bad hun! I am still so excited for you! 7 mins apart?!?! I dont think you will have to be induced... Im pretty sure its coming soon! here is a verse for rest!
Take care and embrace every moment! StillinHisCare
- Thursday, 24 Apr I understand sooo much! Yearning for things to be just one way or another for our children ~ the absolute love and joy of our deepest heart ~ will be a lifelong path for you that is only just now starting!!
There are some wonderful moments that work out just the way I planned... but most happen all topsy-turvy! :) And you know what I've discovered?? That often times, that was the BEST way! :) Wasn't it CS Lewis who said, "Hold onto doctrine lightly"? (Or Chesterton; I don't know why I confuse the two!!) We learn to hold on to many things lightly in this world... ... our children will have their own way of doing things and God certainly has His!! (This you have already comes to live with in a husband! HA!!) However this progresses for you, the really GOOD NEWS is that it WILL progress!! You WILL have a labor dear! :) And it sounds like to me that you can already say you ARE going into labor and savoring every minute of it! :) I admire your passion, strength, and honesty!
God bless and keep you as you walk this miracle road --- at the end is BABY!!! Your very own, none-in-the-whole-wide-world-like-him-ever, flesh of your and Collin's flesh, bone of your bones, heart of your hearts ~ Presley!!!!
- Thursday, 24 Apr You did write an update! I didn't see it when I first got onto your page! I'm so excited for you! I hope he comes very soon. Good luck! Emilys
- Thursday, 24 Apr I don't get on here all that much but I have been watching and praying for you and Presley. It can't be much longer for you! How excited you must be to hold your little boy! I am doing well, passing the time, still teaching my little kindergartners! Hope to hear that little Presley is here soon...can't wait to see the pictures! Hang in there..we are all praying for you. my7thbabyduemay20th2008
- Thursday, 24 Apr Oh sweetheart, I totally understand where you are coming from, I was the same way with my first too, it meant a lot to have him naturally, and I did, I was to be induced on a Monday, and went into labour naturally on the Sunday, they say that when there is date in sight for you to deliver, most women relax and go on their own, maybe the same will happen to you too.
You are not far away by the sounds of the contractions and the parts of the show, that is what that mucous is, you are dilating sweetheart, you may probably go tonight or tomorrow, lets hope my feelings are right.
I am having contractions in the evening, and getting mucous too, but I still have a ways off yet, but hope, to God, I don't go overdue, I went so overdue with the last two and it was murder, it really was.
I love you sweetheart, and I am here if you need me, just leave me a message and I will respond as quickly as I can.
- Thursday, 24 Apr have you tried a hot curry, having sex, walking and castor oil. also there is pressure point for the uterus under your ankle halfway to your heel. massage that. good luck