Write a new blog
|11-7-2012 - 3 months old!
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Hello everyone... I know I have been MIA here lately. I have been so busy with my three beautiful blessings :). Well somehow 3 months have passed since my little Joel was born. How that happened I don't even know. My baby boy nurses non stop almost all day long and he has grown to 24 inches! He is a slow gainer like my other two were. I was giving him 2 ounces of formula mixed with breast milk once a day but then I just decided I am enough for Joel. If they want him to gan weight they can tell me how to fatten up my breastmilk. From the moment we brought Joel home my big kids just loved him! Joel was a pretty easy baby and slept alot. In fact he only got up two times at night then when he was a month old it was once and now since about 2 months he doesn't wake up at all at night. I am so blessed by that as I tend to get pretty grouchy without enough sleep. At one point Joel started to get unconsolable in the carseat and at night. He would nurse about every half hour all day long and for not long at all. I took him to the pediatrician and it turned out he had reflux. Thank goodness they put him on Zantac and he is back to being his normal happy healthy self :). Joel is smiling and cooing now and as of Monday he is giggling :)! I forgot how wonderful the sound of a baby giggle is! Joel is rolling over now and often rolls over to his back in his sleep and I have to roll him over to his belly so he can fall back to sleep. (please dont lecture about belly sleeping) Joel is a happy baby and even though he loves being held and cuddled he will still lay down and play in his play yard or swing. As a result I am finally getting my house clean and it has less of a tornado/lived in look. :)! Okay well I gotta go. I will talk to everyone soon. I promise to update more!
Does anyone else have a baby that still eats every 2- 2 1/2 hours?
Any other babies that don't nap well without being held?
Do you rock and cuddle your baby to sleep or lay baby down drowsy?
What toys are your babies playing with?
Any tips for getting older siblings to behave like they used to before baby was born? Mine have attitudes like i dont even know what and they don't listen to me anymore. They think I am a joke!
Oh well thanks for reading and for any advice!
God Bless you all!
Love and prayers!
5 Comments on 3 months old!Amandalmc
- Friday, 27 Jul Now that my Owen is 14 weeks i feed him 3 and a half hours to 4 hours, i do not hold him to put him to sleep, but i have a trick that works.Yes my first son is still acking out as well and i found myself yell at him, witch does not work so i started sitting him down and talking to him, it seams to be working better then the yelling mamadear04
- Wednesday, 11 Jul Hey Britt, I have some comments on your questions.... Trinity is almost 11 months old and is still eating every 2 1/2 hours she is just one of those eaters ..I know she will out grow it when her growing slows down..Also Trin like to be held still to take a nap or bed at night..The way I see it she wont want that for ever so im enjoying it as much as i can wile i can..Sometimes its hard cuz i also need to get things done, but its not the end of the world it i dont get it all done in one day..As far as siblings the older ones are teens , but Elia is only two almost three and is doing so much better now that Trin is crawling and bathing with her..She is more like a play mate to her now... ash-leeNbaby2b
- Wednesday, 11 Jul My son nurses usually every 3 hours during the day still...but sleeps all night :) He's the same age as yours! The only time he has a good sleep is when he's swaddled with a kiddopotomus swaddler! lisamomof6tobe
- Wednesday, 11 Jul I also noticed that your other children are still fairly young and they are still trying to adjust to sharing their momma. That just might take some time. You just have to put your foot down and let them know their attitudes are not acceptable with you. Kids are going to do things that we wished they hadn't done but they are little humans that their own personalities and have bad days just like us. this is just a time of testing for you. My 4th child my only daughter would just walk to her baby brother and hit him (she was only 20 months) and that was something I had never dealt with before and was hard but eventually she understood he wasn't going away and my older children learned that more of my time was divided between them and everyone eventually adjusted. I even had to adjust. Change can be hard for all ages. Plus you all have gone through a difficult year. lisamomof6tobe
- Wednesday, 11 Jul My children always nursed ALOT. It seemed they would until I introduced table food of some sort to them. I would nurse sometimes up to an hour then they would be hungry an hour to 2 hours later. If you are worried about your milk supply, there is a natural capsule you can buy called more milk plus and it should help. Maybe your milk flow is not as much. But back when I know I had an abundant milk supply I could pump 8 oz out of one side while nursing on the other and my kids would still eat a bunch, but with my last few children I could barely pump 3 oz out of both sides! My youngest didnt seem to care. I choose to hold my babies also to put them asleep, but if it is getting to be too much you may just have to lay them down or put him in a swing and let him cry it out for a few minutes. Take care!