Write a new blog
|26-5-2009 - Emotional Day: the attack of the vampire!!!!
||My mood while writing this blog:|
emotional but relieved
this morning I started as usual - take my temp then take a pregnacy test (got a -ve), felt fustrated as AF hasn't shown just the cramps and went for my walk. I got back and was talking on line to my mother and started to get VERY EMOTIONAL about it all (see previous blog for rant against AF) to the point where i was crying for about 30mins in a big house on my own. Decided to go to my family doctor, got an appointment and went straight in. She was very good and impressed about how much i knew, how i had been charting my temps. and the multivitamins that i have been taking. So I spoke to her about what has been happening. Here's what she has decided to do.
1. Run blood tests for a number of different things (hormone levels, thyroid, glucose, iron etc. to check if i am ovulating, my lining build up etc. - will find out tuesday the results) including a blood pregnancy test (which I find out the results for tomorrow)
2. If I am not ovulating then will run a scan to see what is happening (this may take a few months to determine - possibly will have another test on June 15th if these test don't prove to show anything)
3. encouraged me to have a high protine breakfast (like boiled egg or baked beans on toast) after my usual morning walk and a banana before walking to help kick start my body, lose some weight and keep it under control
So had my tests today - the lady/vampire took 2 lots of blood for the tests!!!!!!!!!!!
I feel like I am now taking a proactive approach instead of a passive approach to getting my body right again.
2 Comments on Emotional Day: the attack of the vampire!!!!mumjac
- Sunday, 31 May Hey, just go with the flow of things, this can be the start of another roller coaster. Get lots of hugs and support. I found it was bitter sweet, we found what was wrong, but the treatments were slow and arduous, we found it had got better, but "I" wasn't doing what my body should be.
I am praying that you are able to step from one thing to the other, leading straight to a baby.
I found I had to be healthy, not just take vitamins, I had to be excersing, eating well, and getting enough sleep (although sometimes that didn't happen, lol)
- Wednesday, 27 May After reading your other blogs I realized how glad I am about you going to your doc and figuring things out. I waited waaaaayyy too long to do that. Had I gone years earlier I would have had my children much sooner rather than all the heartache I went through. Good luck and let us all know what the tests say. You still don't have your AF and your chart still looks promising so maybe you really are preggers already!