Write a new blog
|05-2-2009 - Caiden update
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Well I decided not to comment or blog about Caiden progress because I felt like every time I did, he just went backwards.
For the 1st couple of days Caiden was still only doing 2-4oz in a feed, and still averaging about 20oz p/day. The doctor said I had to feed him every 4 hours including in night, which I did try. I woke him up and he only did 1/2 - 1oz and just slept on the bottle, so I thought there was no point in waking him just for that small amount.
I let him sleep and and by Monday he was doing 5oz bottles which I was really pleased about, but now goes from about 9pm-7am so even though he is doing 5oz bottles, he is still only doing 20-22oz p/day.
Also to top it off he has caught Camerons cold, not so much a runny nose, but he has one gammy eye, and a cough. I feel so sorry for him when I hear his pitiful little cough.
He also had to have his injections yesterday, usually I would have put it off till he was better but this is still his 1st set and he is 12 weeks now, so its 4 weeks late. We did have it booked but each time it got cancelled. Mark took him and the nurse said he seemed ok, still alert and not "ill" with it. So she ws hapy to let him have it done.
I gave him calpol just before he went to get it done, then gave him some more before bed. In the night he started to stir so I checked him and he had a bit of a temp. I didnt really want to give him too much calpol so I put him in bed with me and took the covers off and after about 10 mins it came down so I kept him in with me.
He got up this morning and his temp and gone up a little again so gave him calpol and now he is sat in his bouncy chair wth cameron rocking him.
I was supposed to get him weighed yesterday but because it is so cold and snowy my MIL was going to take me, but she didnt make it back in time. There is another clinic on today and a different centre I can go to but again MIL has to take SIL to midwife today she is 40+2 today. The she has to take Nan to the docs, so I dont know if I am going to make it again today.
I think I will call my health visitor to see if she can come out to weigh him. I am hoping she will as he was born on the 9th and the last time he was weighed he had dropped to the 2nd. And the doctor wanted him weighed every 2 weeks. Fingers crossed he has gained ore weight.
Oh and his appt with the surgeon has benn moved from friday 27th feb to Tuesday 24th feb. I feel physically sick when i think about it.
6 Comments on Caiden updateRyan~Neve Mum
- Thursday, 5 Feb Really good news about his feeding, he's bound to of put on weight have you tried getting on the scales with him and then without and you'll roughly get what he weighs. Don't worry about his meeting with the surgeon things will work out well in the end. xx andriette and christians mummy liz
- Thursday, 5 Feb AH HUN IM SURE HE GAINED WEIGHT.CAN I ASK U A QUESTION???ANDRIETTE IS DOING 3 AND HALF OUNCES EVERY 3 TO 3 AND HALF HOURS EVEN AT NIGHT.IS THIS TOO MUCH.?SHE HAS REFLUX IF I GIVE HER THIN STUFF LIKE BREASTMILK AND NAN1.SHE WAS WEIGHED TODAY AND IS 7.27 POUNDS SHE WAS BORN WEIGHING 5.95 POUNDS.JUST ASKING COZ SOUNDS LIKE U KNOW QUITE ALOT ABOUT THIS SUBJECT.TIA:-D Poppy~Ella~Rae
- Thursday, 5 Feb i no its easy to say it but please try not to worry about his appt with the surgeon im sure he will be fine hes a little fighter! and it seems he is doing better on his bottles, i love ur pics and slide shows u have two very beautiful precious children! i hope they both get over there colds hun x x samsara625
- Thursday, 5 Feb Aww bless hope his cough gets better soon ! Cody has his injections yesterday too , he had a slightly raised temp too but seems ok now !
Caiden was quite a small baby so I guess he could just have a small tummy ! he has gone up on his bottles now and as he is sleeping through he must be getting what he needs! Its good that he is now on 5oz so he is progressing with his milk !
Dont worry too much about his appointment he will be fine hun especially with the best Mum he could possibly have !! xx ElliottnDeclans-mummy
- Thursday, 5 Feb Is he still being sick when feeding? If not then you can be sure he is putting on weight.
Like cluck says I'm sure HV will come out to weigh him if you explain the situation. x cluckandjen
- Thursday, 5 Feb Hi, Give the hv a call I'm sure they will call to see you! Hopefully he'll have put on some weight , sounds like he only has a small appetite and wasn't really a heavy baby at birth, did he lose much of his birth weight? I take it he isn't as sick with his bottles now which is a good thing.
My brother had the same manly problem as your son and had an op when he was young, hope all goes well x