Write a new blog
|24-2-2009 - Caidens Hospital Appointment
||My mood while writing this blog:|
wow. I loved getting up this morning. Caiden slept till 2.30am then woke up at 7.30am cooing and babbling, when I leant over to his basket he greeted me with the biggest smile. It was great.
He has been lovely today, cooing, smiling and generallly happy. We had a few bad patches tonight (I dissapeared in the shower lol)
We went to the hospital today. We walked in and booked Caiden in, went to another desk to let them know we were there, we didnt even sit down before the nurse took us straight into the doctors. The doctor read some of his notes, and saw we had the feeding issues. Then asked to see his "little problem" all he did was look and say, Ok thats all I need to see. lol
We sat down and he explained that Hypospadias is not massively common and that the local hospitals used to do the operations themselves but they noticed they were only doing like 2-3 a year and the success rate was lower, so they decided that all the local hospitals would refer the operation to The London Royal Hopsital where they do about 65 of them operations per year and the success rate is 95%. The other 5% is where the urine can infect the stitches which requires them to redo the op.
Anyway after explaing all that he commented that Caiden was very small for his age and will see him again in one year. We will get a date for the op then. Part of me wishes they could do the op sooner while he is still young and does not know better. But the other part is glad I can forget about it for a year.
I hope we get the same surgeon he was lovely and so calming. Caiden liked him too, he did not stop cooing and smiling at him the whole time we were in there.
Caiden is now fast asleep and i am hoping that this is the start of him getting better. They did not weigh him today so I will have to wait till Friday, which is fine by me I get another few days to get more milk down him lol. Yesterday he did 28oz, but today he did 17oz...You win some you lose some at least he is now having days were he does over 23oz so I am happy with that......for now lol.
6 Comments on Caidens Hospital AppointmentPoppy~Ella~Rae
- Wednesday, 25 Feb aaw hope all goes well hun and ur all ok xx cluckandjen
- Wednesday, 25 Feb Glad it all went well today, can't wait to hear how Caiden is doing with his weight....fingers crossed!! Will be getting Jenna weighed tomorrow! laura2525
- Wednesday, 25 Feb Arhhh Hun!!! I hope u r all alright - good luck and all my best wishes go out to u both. I am sure Caden will be fine. Take care and keep us updated xx samsara625
- Tuesday, 24 Feb Things sounding better hun hope it stays that way x grammy08
- Tuesday, 24 Feb Glad all things went well today :) Don't worry I'm sure he will be a big boy before you know it> God Bless :) Ryan~Neve Mum
- Tuesday, 24 Feb Glad it went well today and if he does need the op at least the surgeons would of done more than 2-3 that year. Good news about feeding can't wait to see what he weighs on fri, good luck and he is getting better but typically being male he's taking longer than expected lol . xxx