Write a new blog
|29-4-2009 - Hospital Appointment
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Well I had my appointment today. I just could not help being nervous as I did not know exactly what my appointment was going to be like.
Anyway I got to the hospital and went to the Breast Care Clinic and was asked to strip from my waist up and put a robe on and sat in the waiting room with Mark. I was looking about at all the other women in there sat in their robes.One women looked so sad and I heard her husband say something along the lines of "well hopefully its gone, touch wood" then he leant over and touched the wooden rail on the wall next to me. I just felt my throat tighten, I felt so awful for her.
Anyway I was called in and spoke to a lovely women who asked loads of questions, like - How long my cycle was - When was my last period - When did I first start my periods - Have I have taken contraceptive pills - How long for - Do I get leakage from my breasts - Do I check myself. There were loads of other questions like that but I can't remember lol. Then she asked about my family history. I told her about my mum and great Aunties. She said that she doubts I will need regular screening, and that because 1 in 9 people are at risk of breast cancer it's reasonable for several family members to get it and there be no genetic link. I think my sigh of relief could be heard the other side of the hospital lol.
Anyway after chatting she said she was going to check me. It felt so odd to have another woman check my breasts lol. She said that everything felt good. I am pleased another women thought my breast felt good ha ha ha. After that Mr Collier (consultant) came to see me who asked when my operation was planned for, to which the women replied, "Last week." lol. He said he was happy for everything to go ahead and that he would get a letter sent to the surgeon to inform him that everything was ok.
After that I went for a scan.....Yes a scan, of my boobies! lol Now that was strange. The last time I had a scan I was looking at a baby, this time I was laid on a bed, topless while some woman was pressing on my breasts and scanning every inch of them. I can honestly say chatting to a woman about my kids while she was scanning my breasts was one of the most awkward moments of my life. One minute I wanted to laugh because it tickled when she went near my under arm, then I would cringe when she pressed hard just over my nipples lol.
So after answering questions on periods, having a woman feel my breast, then have another woman scan them, I called my surgeons secretary to tell her I had the go ahead. She has made a note and told me that she will try to sort an appointment out, she said it could be anything from 4-6 weeks, (although I won't hold my breath lol ) but if there are any more cancellations she will call me.
I am so pleased that is over, now the next hurdle - the operation lol.
And and Caiden now weighs 14lbs 4oz. He has only put on 5oz in 2 weeks, but hey weight gain is weight gain so I am happy lol
6 Comments on Hospital AppointmentRyan~Neve Mum
- Thursday, 30 Apr So glad it all went well, hope you don't have to wait too long. Ryan only put on 4oz last time too but she said its cause they are moving around more and burning off those calories off to weigh him today in the rain :-( xx minkymoo78
- Thursday, 30 Apr So pleased it all went well and you have the ok for your op x Mandy-N-Eoins-Peanut
- Wednesday, 29 Apr Glad everything went well today hun xx katie-g
- Wednesday, 29 Apr glad the apt went well hun been thinking off u and yay for caden weight is weight hehe cluckandjen
- Wednesday, 29 Apr Glad the app went well hun and fingers crossed it is all over with soon. Gosh Caiden is catching up with Jenna who is now 14lb 8oz...go Caiden!!!! x samsara625
- Wednesday, 29 Apr Glad it all went well hun lets hope you dont have to wait too long xx