Write a new blog
|01-12-2008 - Raynor's Birth Story!
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Original due date: November 18
Type of delivery: Vaginal (with pain relief)
Duration of labor: 11 hours
Weight @ birth: 7lbs 6oz
Length @ birth: 19.5 inches
On November 17th, I ended up hospitalized due to dehydration, after being violently sick for a couple days. After iv fluids and meds, I was able to go home that evening. My doctor wanted to induce me because my health was going downhill, so I was scheduled for Nov 20th. That morning, while getting ready to head to the hospital, I lost my plug and contactions started on their own, although only a few an hour. I got to the hospital, and they had me hooked up and started the pitocin drip by 9am.
At ten, I was cheched and only 1cm dialated and 90% effaced. At 12, no change, although the contractions were hard and painfull, almost constant. My doctor was called, and suggested I go ahead and get an epidural, as he wanted to stretch me and break my waters, and it may help my uterus relax. The epidural did not work too well on me, but it did take away some of the pain. They broke my water and stretched me to 3cm at around 4pm. Around 7pm, I was about 5cm. One hour later, the pressure/pain was so intense, they checked me to find I was fully dialated and ready to push. By this time, I was so glad to be able to push through the pain, as it was getting unbearable. After 40 minutes of pushing, Raynor Lee Keener entered this world and was placed on my chest at 8:47 pm
He is, to us, perfect! Apgar was 9/10, and we had him with us for about an hour to bond/breastfeed prior to him being taken to the nursury to be weighed and measured. 7 lbs 6 oz, 18.5 inches long.
I ended up with 3rd degree tears (from 'stem to stern', as my mother would say) but it was all worth it!
8 Comments on Raynor's Birth Story!CalebNbaby2smomma
- Tuesday, 2 Dec Congratulations on your precious gift! Enjoy! andriette and christians mummy liz
- Tuesday, 2 Dec AWWW CONGRATS HUN.HE IS JUST PERFECT:-] yuki
- Tuesday, 2 Dec awww...that's so nice, i can't wait to have post my own birth (more on labor) story soon. congrats again and enjoy motherhood! lots of hugs and kisses to adorable raynor... surprise3
- Tuesday, 2 Dec congrats. I had those tears with my first also, but totally worth it. They heal fast!
He's a real cutie, give him a kiss for me! island girl
- Tuesday, 2 Dec Congratulations! I had Dalton Shane on the 25th by c-section. I was dilated to 5 and effaced 80% but he wouldn't move down. It all turned out well though. This past week has been a dream. shez05
- Tuesday, 2 Dec Congratulations - wish you and your new family all thr best! He seems just perfect! xo J9
- Monday, 1 Dec I'm so so happy for you guys! He's absolutely adorable! Enjoy every minute! i-am-finally-preggo
- Monday, 1 Dec congratulations! :D