Write a new blog
|12-2-2009 - I love you all ladies
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Hello everyone, i have been overwhelmed with the messages that everyone is leaving me some of you have almost made me cry from your words of kindness, thankyou ladies you have all made me feel so much better and i didnt realise that i was the only source of news for some of you and 1 lady told me i have been the most accurate, and thats why there were so many posts as i would post something as i heard it on the news. Another aussie thanked me for informing her of shopping at coles today as she was going to do a big shop the other day but decided (like me) to wait until today and she passed on the info to all her family and friends as i did, so i feel i have helped in a very small way. So many of you still want me to update you so i will. I will write a blog but i will keep it simple. So if you dont want to read about the fires stop reading now.
The response of our nation is truly remarkable aussies have now raised over $65,400,000 and its still rising with alot of fundraising happening everywhere, even the school our boys go to are having a free dress day for a gold coin donation per child (not per family like normal). I spent up big at Coles today and at 8.30am there were alot of people already there and i made a donation at the checkout. So many other shops are doing the same. We have had a few people scamming the public with one man arrested for doing a door knock claiming to be doing it for the bushfires and even in our local area we have had a fake raffle tickets. Another 2 fires were deliberately lit last night and they have a photo of the suspect, they are also closing in on other suspects. There is 1 fire that is threatening a town so its still not over with 15 fires still burning out of control. The death toll has not changed but they expect it could top 300. 7800 people are homeless with 1800 houses and shops lost and the total damage bill is around $2 billion. It is amazing seeing the kindness of humans there are people collecting donations from their homes and truck loads of all kinds of things have been sent down. A 12 year old sydney boy donated 500 blankets and a dentist donated 1000 toothbrushes these are just some of the stories i have heard. A pub that normally caters to around 80 people is putting out 900 meals a day and the endless efforts of the firemen and volunteers is outstanding.
Thankyou ladies for your support and i appreciate all the honesty even those few messages i recieved from those that it did annoy.
17 Comments on I love you all ladiesmzmaya
- Wednesday, 18 Feb THanks for the updates.. we stoped hearing alot . 2ndComoBaby
- Tuesday, 17 Feb Thank you so much for your updates. The news coverage on the fires over here in southern California is very poor. Your updates are very helpful. After I read your updates I inform my exercise class, and they also really appreciate it. I'll be looking forward to your blogs. Thanks again, I hope they find the individual responsible soon. Much love from So Cal. lil blondie
- Monday, 16 Feb thanx for the update hun,i do like reading your updates as i do not really get the time to watch the news,xx iowajamie80
- Friday, 13 Feb That person should be killed or burned like he did the other people that lost there lives!!! Thank you for still updating us!!! And i also hope that it ends soon!! EricandCalebsMommy
- Friday, 13 Feb Thank you for deciding to continue updating. For those of us with a heart, it matters :) mom of 7 and 1 on the way
- Friday, 13 Feb I really hope that they catch the person or people setting these fires. I wish everyone the best that has been affected by these fires. darrens~misses
- Friday, 13 Feb im glad u decided to blog us and keep us informed me and my hubby always look forward to ur news as its the only way we keep up to date also my cousin lives in australia and it lets me no how close to them it is i feel for all those that hav lost loved 1s and there homes god bless we gratfully apreciate all the news u can tell us :) prettybird
- Friday, 13 Feb ;) hugs! lisamarie8503 *PINK*
- Friday, 13 Feb I am so glad you are updating us on the fires in Australia...we dont hear about them at all in the USA. Thank you and my heart goes out to those families that have lost loved ones and their homes. mum4eva
- Friday, 13 Feb Thanks, i have been out all day and have not seen the news. I decided not to put it on tonight, as it is very stressful for the girls. Hope that you have a good weekend. bluejeans
- Thursday, 12 Feb Thank you again for the updates I really cant believe the (sorry for the language) f**king idiots lighting fires!! stepheni775
- Thursday, 12 Feb =) lindyloo
- Thursday, 12 Feb That was a great post!! You have a wonderful heart and I can tell you are a very caring person!! I can tell you with these crazy winds today it's really pushing the smoke around my house stinks like smoke at the moment!! momto4 littleangelsnlovinit
- Thursday, 12 Feb you're more than welcome and again thank you for the updates. ~ I luv my boyz ~
- Thursday, 12 Feb Praise the lord........there is still good acts of love and kindness left in this world thanx forthe update! katie-g
- Thursday, 12 Feb your welcome hun keep it up LIZ82
- Thursday, 12 Feb your very welcome