Write a new blog
|18-11-2009 - Day Care!!
||My mood while writing this blog:|
So my son started a new day care this week... And let me tell you.. I don't like it!!! He was going to a Montessori and had been there since he was 7 weeks old. I loved that place... bbuutttt... because we are expecting another child we are having to save money. Montessori isn't cheap at all. : ( So anyway... this other place is close to my house and pretty cheap... however... I am definitely getting what I pay for. I thought one of the perks would be that they have camera's. I was excited I was going to get to watch my little guy play and learn all day.... UUmmmm.. No. If anything it has stressed me out more! Here is what happened:
Monday - I go in to drop him off.. there are 10 kids in 1 room (that's very small) and only 1 teacher... Not cool! I watched him and most of the day... he played by himself. Teacher only sat down for 10 minutes (for the whole day) and interacted with the kids. The teacher only changed diapers, fed and put them to sleep... other than that.. nothing! I went to pick him up.. and found out she didn't fix his lunch correct (even though I told them how to do it). And his naps were all off so he was exhausted when he got home.
Tuesday - I go drop him off... less kids this time. And I got to speak to the teacher about what I want for my kid and repeat how lunch needs to be done. Again, watched him on the camera's... still played alone most of the day. And about 10 minutes of interaction with my son. Went to pick him up... and a different teacher was with him... and she fixed his lunch wrong as well... so he barely ate. His naps were off too... so once again.. I brought home an exhausted cranky baby!!
Today - I go drop him off... AAAnnnddd... I get told he had an incident yesterday. I noticed a scratch on his face... well I found out a toy fell on top of him and that's how he got the scratch... Did I get an incident report?????? NOOO!!! I am surprised they even told me!! That was very upsetting. So I have my husband call and talk to the director. She says "I will find out what happened and have on for you this afternoon." Then I get to work and check on him... and the teacher left him in the room by himself for several minutes... and this happened a few more times after.. I just don't understand how a teacher thinks it's okay to leave a room with infants crawling around by themselves... UGH!!! I am disgusted with all of it!!!
So... I did some research and found another place I want to go look at today. I am just a mess about it all...and with me being pregnant.. I shouldn't have to be!!! I should be relaxed and happy... Not stressed out and constantly worried about my kid!
Okay - I am done venting.. I know I sound dramatic... but I can't help it.. I want what's best for my handsome little guy!!! Thanks for listening to me vent!!! : ) Hope all you ladies are having an AWESOME day!!
5 Comments on Day Care!!River
- Wednesday, 18 Nov You are definitely not being dramatic. I would feel exactly the same way. It is terrible that there are so many children in one room with only one staff member and how can they leave children unattended!!!! It sounds dangerous. I would be upset about the lunch stuff as well- it is so frustrating when they don't listen to you and don't do things the way you like them done. My son's daycare are great, the only complaint I have is that they feed them lunch at 10.30 in the morning! I told them Riley is to eat around 12-12-30, but I know they feed him earlier because he is starving come dinner time. peanutrocks
- Wednesday, 18 Nov You dont sound dramatic at all hun I would feel the exact same. You would think with cameras on the go the staff would make a bigger effort to care for the children better coz they know they are being watched. You are right to find another place.....that one sounds like a joke. I really hope you get sorted, you dont need this stress when your preggers. HUGS xoxoxo mysurprise
- Wednesday, 18 Nov Venting is definitely warranted in this situation!!!!! Poor Caeden!!! I would report them. Not professional, and I don't think it's legal to have that many babies to 1 teacher. Good luck on your search, you should get him out as soon as possible. I can't leave Michael alone for 2 seconds, I have to put him in his walker or his playpen just to pee! lol So leaving a room full on infants unattended in unacceptible. modelimited
- Wednesday, 18 Nov Sounds like that daycare center needs to be reported! Ten kids with only one teacher isn't right!!! I think there's a law about that! And for the teacher to leave the room???? WTF is she thinking?! That's just irresponsible! I hope you find a new place VERY soon! suzmBLUE!
- Wednesday, 18 Nov That is awful. I am sorry that this is happening to you. I can't believe they would leave little ones alone like this. I would try to post something about this place so others don't run into the same thing. I hope that you find someplace soon that keeps a better eye on your little guy.