Write a new blog
|04-9-2008 - Welcome Home!!
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Hey Ladies! I just wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts and prayers during our time of "STRESS!" Thankfully the hurricane scaled down and didn't hit us as hard as they said it would. Needless to say we had an eventful evacuation though! Starting out Sunday morning we left at 7:00 am. My step-daughter and I in my car, My DH, our lab and border collie mix in the other car and my Father in law in his car. (I had been begging my DH to leave on Sat. but we didn't have hotel reservations until Sunday night!) It took us 14 hours to go 125 miles! Do the math, that's not even 9 miles an hour. Ladies it was miserable! At one point I had to hold my pee for 7.5 hours!! When we were finally able to exit, in the pouring rain, the 1st station's restroom was closed, so needless to say, SD and I went in the woods! What a sight, we were not alone, everyone had that same idea :) We finally make it to the hotel, where every restuarant is closed except an Arby's which in my opinion is nasty, so everyone also had the same idea to eat at Arby's, we waited another 50 minutes to get food. FINALLY back at the hotel we were able to pee, shower and get in the bed. Oh let me not forget that the night before I didn't get any sleep over thinking my house would flood, and my neighbors were screaming at 2:30am over someone coming into their house to use the phone. So finally in the bed, two huge dogs in their cages and I was knocked out, until my Father in law starts to SNORE all night! It was complete hell the first night. We all adjusted and made it through. We came home yesterday to NO ELECTRICITY, but our hotel could not give us another night because they didn't have rooms! My DH and I slept in the HEAT last night and I took 4 COLD baths to make it through. Our electricity finally came on today and I'm in the process of washing bed sheets and clothes and I can not wait to take a warm shower and sleep in the comfort of my air conditioner and my own bed without two dogs in the room and a snoring Father in Law.
I'm so thankful that our home was still here. Also, my baby KICKED and moved the whole time so He's doing great! Thanks again for your concern!
7 Comments on Welcome Home!!momof3plus1
- Tuesday, 9 Sep hi Rosa...I saw you posted in week 23 (I move to 24 later today) so I knew you were definitely back...came on to leave you a welcome home message and saw your post/blog. Sooo very happy for you that other than the electricity all was well with everything. Please tell me you arent affected by Ike?? I just saw it on the news and I immediately thought of my friends on here who are only just back in their homes :-( As for the snoring FIL I can so totally sympathize as when I first met my hubby 21 years ago we lived together with 2 other guys and OMG they all snored worse part was...one would start and you could lie there in bed and hear it start in the next room just as the other guy was about to stop...it was like one constant snore all night long!!! It was awful!! lol So...you are painting already? God I wish I could...we have to empty out the spare room first and as we are fixing up my son's room first it feels like it will be november before I get to it :-( hope not...so are you doing a theme??? Glad you and family are fine!! xx nickisanchez24
- Monday, 8 Sep Im so glad to hear your finally home. I hope things are starting to get back to normal. That sounds like a unimaginable ordeal. I cant imagine being pregnant and having to be in the car that long. I think I would of peed in the car! I dont think I could of held it that long. Your a strong woman. I hope you never go through this again. Hopefully these bad hurricane seasons stop because its getting rediculous. Get some rest girl!!! babyboo06
- Sunday, 7 Sep Glad to hear you made it through, It was a horrible time. We were going to leave but ended up not. Had no electricity for 5 days. Finally got ours back on today. Looked and saw that Ike might come this way...hope not we so don't need it here. Hannibaby
- Friday, 5 Sep Wow, thats sounds like a very demanding situation. When you dont live in an area like that you dont realize what people have to get through even only for an evecuation. I'm glad to hear it went well and you house is still standing!
How long does the hurricane season last? How common is it to evacuate? Kara G.
- Friday, 5 Sep Glad to hear that you are doing well. I was wondering about you. rachyg
- Friday, 5 Sep Hey there, welcome home. I am so happy that your home is safe and sound. I was so worried for you. I live in Australia and I was watching the news every night to see the storm. It looked really bad even though the storm was down graded. Anyway I am glad you are safe and sounnd and your house is still in perfect condition. take care xoxo KatnMark3
- Friday, 5 Sep Sorry things had to be so difficult! Its so good it didnt do as much damage as expected. Just glad you guys had a home to return to,, i was thinking about you!