Write a new blog
|25-9-2008 - Rough Day
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Well it's been 3 days since I felt my baby move like I'm used to feeling. I called my Dr. to tell her and she told me to get to labor and delivery right away. Well I then started to freak out, what if something was wrong? Needless to say I had to leave my co-worker at a school and run to the hospital. My friend who's a nurse came down and waited with me until I was hooked up to the machine. Excuse me for lack of medical terminology but I've got a terrible headache. Anyway, right away we got his heart beat and you could hear every little movement. Which was odd because I have not felt him in 3 days!! I was so excited all I could do was cry. I'm not normally a worry wart but I was just relieved to know he was doing okay. His heart rate was very high I thought, for a boy. 175, of course it fluctuated a lot but he was very active in there. So baby and I are doing great. Now I just have a major head ache from being so tense and wound up before getting to the hospital. SIGH.....I feel much better though. Apparently he moved to a position where I could not feel him.
5 Comments on Rough DayKara G.
- Friday, 26 Sep Wow, what a relief. I am glad that you found out things are good. Now just take care of your headache and relax some. Get an ice pack and heating pad to alternate on your neck and shoulder muscles and get your honey to give you a little muscle rub attention too. Take care. mrswood
- Friday, 26 Sep It sounds like you have a really good doctor who listens to your concerns. I'm glad everything is ok. :) KatnMark3
- Friday, 26 Sep Im glad everything is ok. It seems like I thought things would get easier as we got closer.. but I think it is just as scary because of things like not feeling them move! Try to relax and hope you start feeling better! momtotheo
- Thursday, 25 Sep That exact thing happened to me. It was around week 22. There are really cheap listening devices here in Canada -they aren't dopplers -just really sensitive microphones. Can you afford one? It really helped me when I couldn't feel the baby that week. It took a bit but then I heard a kick and felt it at the same time. It cost me around $39.99 and was well worth it. Now that we are further along, I can actually pick up the heart beat -who knew -for such a cheap device.
Glad all was ok!!
- Thursday, 25 Sep Oh goodness I can see why you have a headach!! I am glad to hear you both are doing just fine...That would be very stressfull.