Write a new blog
|29-4-2010 - 6 w 1 d Scan Today
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Calm, yet excited. Excited, yet reserved.
Today is the day we will meet our little one for the first time. The appointment will be at 15:45 SA time. The nerves have not kicked in. Instead I have this calm. Have had it for the last week. Pretty sure the calm is not my own doing. This kind of calm comes from a more divine power . In my mind I have this image of God giving me a great big comforting hug and squeezing the fear and nerves right out of me.
Today is also the day where I actually threw up from the m/s for the first time. Thankfully it was first thing this morning (05:30am) and before I had breakfast. I have been feeling pretty rough from yesterday afternoon.
On another note, my DH will be leaving tonight to go away for work for 2 weeks. He really does not want to go and feel horrible for leaving me on my own when I am feeling this rough. Bless him! I have to take him to the airport after our appointment, so I will only be able to give an update on my scan later tonight.
So today is the day. If symptoms are any measure of how our little one is doing, s/he should be perfect. Off course experience will have me believe that symptoms are no measure of anything, but I am choosing to ignore it. I believe our scan will just be a normal routine appointment, like it is for millions of other parents in this world, with everything being exactly like it should be.
Eeeck! Only 6 and a half hours to go.
22 Comments on 6 w 1 d Scan Todaytraceyg
- Friday, 30 Apr Cant wait to see the pic, so so happy for you! christinesc
- Thursday, 29 Apr Ahhhhhh...so excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about it! xx feefees a mom 2 be
- Thursday, 29 Apr *gigles* This is so exciting!!. Best wishes!! Abigails Mommy
- Thursday, 29 Apr I'm soooo excited for you!!!! fruitful
- Thursday, 29 Apr I like your calm and confidence today. It will pay off. :) tassy
- Thursday, 29 Apr Wishing u all the luck in th world for the scan. Can't wait to read ur update on how it went.. 2inoctober
- Thursday, 29 Apr YAY!! I'm so excited to hear all about the scan - and hooray for morning sickness - well, you know what I mean! :) :) ashley-blesseddaily
- Thursday, 29 Apr Can not wait to hear your news of a perfectly normal apt like millions of others! lol well said, you always have a wonderful way with words! (((BIG HUG))) Savvy
- Thursday, 29 Apr Good luck with the scan, can't wait to see a pic of little bean, take care and try to remain calm if the nerves do kick in. All the best and enjoy ur m/s :) mamadrama
- Thursday, 29 Apr Can't wait to see the scan pic! I know it will be great, you deserve it!!! sarahbeth13
- Thursday, 29 Apr Fingers crossed that everything looks perfect!! mmyof3angels
- Thursday, 29 Apr Good luck!! I cant wait to hear how exciting your first appt is!!! Much love from Special K and I! :) firstlittleangel
- Thursday, 29 Apr Good luck! I can't wait to see pictures of your little one if you can upload them here! I am sure all will be fine and I am so happy that you are having such a great day...well besides the m/s of course. it will pass! girlinterrupted
- Thursday, 29 Apr Lots of luck hun, can't wait for your update :) xxx MrsMommy2
- Thursday, 29 Apr Good Luck hun i'm so excited for you! I'll be thinking about you ALL day! This is it! kneec3
- Thursday, 29 Apr we have same due date. my scan is tomorrow. will be thinking of u all day...let us know asap. MrsStrickland74
- Thursday, 29 Apr I get chills just reading this! I am just so excited for you!!! Only a few more hours till your scan. I googled your time for over there so you are about 6 hours ahead of me! I am so excited for y'all!!! sarahmomof5
- Thursday, 29 Apr I am sending pleasant thoughts (but you seem to already be in a wonderful place...I only wish I could control my anxiety about all of this like you) Wishing you and your DH the best of new today and relax and enjoy your moments with DH seeing the bab/ies for the first time it will be a wonderful day for you today...everythign will be perfect just as you said....lots of hugs from Canada :-) DiandClover
- Thursday, 29 Apr I love the calm you have surrounding and comforting you :) The question to me is how many - lol! I had a dream you were holding a lap full of babies - too many to count!! Lizette, we are surrounding you and your baby(ies) with so much love!! xo Di (and all the other IAP ladies - trust me, all of us - not all will have the time/ability to write to you today, but we're all with you! ;) firsttimer
- Thursday, 29 Apr Hi lovey, you sound like you are doing fantastic! Actually being sick must be a good sign surely? I really do hope this is it Lizette. I'm so excited for you. I can't believe you are six weeks along, but it's probably going really slowly for you. I don't get on here that often anymore so I'm surprised by how much time has passed since I viewed your profile. I am with you in mind today honey, my fingers are so tightly crossed they hurt. Please let everything be good. And please ask for extra scans if you think it will help. I certainly did. As much as they are anxiety inducing, a week can be such a long time in pregnancy and you may get some comfort from some extra ones. Oooh, I'm so excited. Come on baby, mummy and daddy and loads of other women on IAP already love you! I'll be waiting for your update xx Take Care xx pol
- Thursday, 29 Apr Will be thinking of you all day Liz. Like you, I'm sure it will be a routine appointment. This IS it this time - I'm sure of it xxx wilmie
- Thursday, 29 Apr Good luck! Can't wait to hear that everything was perfect. Lots and lots of hugs ~W~