Write a new blog
|13-5-2010 - 8 w 1 d This and That
||My mood while writing this blog:|
For the first time this week I am feeling a bit human and am appreciating a bit of a break from feeling totally awful. I have still been throwing up, catching snoozes under my desk at work once a day, feeling like I want to faint at times, have heartburn and overall just feel generally yuk. Not so much today though.
A more recent symptom is sciatic nerve pain. Not for the first time but it is more prominent although not severe. It mostly occurs when standing up from my desk at work (which has me limping a bit when walking) or sometimes when I am lying in a certain way. Moving around gets rid of it though.
Also, for the last couple of days, I occasionally have this sensation of stretching in the very lower part of my abdomen right around by pubic bone. The only visual description I can give, is that it is as if someone is filling a balloon with water, but extremely slowly, and it is getting to that stage where the balloon actually starts rounding and you can see the plastic of the balloon starting to thin as it starts to expand - that is what I feel. It also feels like the 'balloon' is pressing against my pubic bone and want to escape. LOL.
I was having such a laugh. I receive a weekly email from a pregnancy website giving weekly updates on the progress of your pregnancy and baby. This weeks said 'you might start experiencing some symptoms now' and then proceed to give details of said symptoms. I was like, 'What the hell! I have been having most of them for the last 4 weeks!'. I still find it amazing how our pregnancies differ from woman to woman and even from pregnancy to pregnancy.
I am on my 2nd last box of progesterone. It was suppose to be the last, but the nurse understood my reluctance to let go of it just yet and said she will give me another 1 to keep me until after the scan on Monday. The thing is, I am planning on scaling down on my doses, so instead of taking 2 a day I will take only 1 which means this last box can last for 2 weeks. Hopefully it will also help to calm the m/s a bit. I know less symptoms will be more difficult emotionally though, but it won't be as hectic as stopping cold turkey (I sound like an addict)
The great thing is that I am 2 months pregnant (that sounds a lot more impressive than 8 weeks). WOOOHOOO! Also, Monday I have my 2nd scan and am eager to see a 8 w 5 d old baby for the first time ever :-)
16 Comments on 8 w 1 d This and Thatrooey
- Sunday, 16 May Wooo Hooo cant wait to hear all and see a new little picture :o) This is sooo exciting :o) xxxx. Abigails Mommy
- Sunday, 16 May I'm so excited for you!! I look forward to hearing about the scan :-) RainbowRach
- Friday, 14 May LOVE IT!!!!!!!! *drifts forward to Monday and smiles at Liz's elation at a healthy perfect scan* I am so happy for you babe x x YAY TWO MONTHS! CANdiceHARDon
- Friday, 14 May Two months pregnant dance happening over here ;) LOVE IT !!! LOVE YOU !! xox ashley-blesseddaily
- Friday, 14 May Yay! I was 8 weeks along when I seen little Noah on a scan..so precious....not much to see but still it was my whole world! Take care hun and enjoy your weekend, I will be eagerly waiting for your update after teh scan = ) christinesc
- Thursday, 13 May I felt major symptoms early too. They didn't subside until I was almost 8 months pregnant!! By the time I felt better, I was so big and it was so hot outside. All worth it, though. Love hearing your updates!! xoxo tassy
- Thursday, 13 May Hey Liz I am soo excited for you. It reminds me of my days of being pregnant. Goodluck for your scan. Do update us how it went and also post the scan pic if possible. Take care of your self girl. **MOLAR**SURVIVOR!!
- Thursday, 13 May oh how exciting, scan in 4 days!! Morning sickness sucks BOOO :( Hope that as well as your nerve pain eases off for you. I cant imagine what you will be feeling when baby actually weighs something. Ouch!! I am so happy your doing perfect and YAY for 2 months! =) girlinterrupted
- Thursday, 13 May So glad everything is going well, good luck on monday :) utopianite
- Thursday, 13 May Yay! You must be so excited about this next scan!!! :-) freespirit
- Thursday, 13 May Hi Sweetie - Congrats on the 2 month mark! Yay! I suffered siatica too in the first trimester - its such a nuisance as theres not a lot you can do with it. I tend to get in in the middle of the night ugh! Anyway, glad you are doing well and nuisea not as bad as it was. Not long to your next scan! exciting! xxxxx wilmie
- Thursday, 13 May Can't wait for the scan pics! Love ~W~ firstmommy08
- Thursday, 13 May I'm glad everything is going so well for you Liz!! I'm happy to ready your updates!! MrsStrickland74
- Thursday, 13 May Happy to hear you are feeling better, but unfortunately the sciatic nerve pain doesn't get any better. Can't wait to see pictures from you scan. Also are you taking belly pictures? They are great after you give birth and you think back WOW did I really get THAT big?!!! lol DiandClover
- Thursday, 13 May Ahhhhhhhhhh how I love your pregnancy updates! I am glad that you have your progesterone to 'wean' off of as that will rest your mind rather than just going cold turkey. Sciatic pain is brutal! Get yourself a maternity belt sooner rather than later - if you wear it before the pain takes over, it is much more managable, and may keep it minimally annoying on the pain scale! xox - Di rubylove
- Thursday, 13 May YAYAYAAY! although I feel bad that you're not feeling good, (becasue believe me I UNDERSTAND) I think it's great reassurance, don't you agree?when I told my dr how sick I am, and vomiting at 18 weeks(whatever, that still pisses me off lol) she's like well, that means the pregnancy is great, all those hormones are flowing etc..Iw anted to punch her..but now that I'm better, i guess I can see what she meant. I hope that you're feeling better soon hun, always luv hearing from u tc xoxo