Write a new blog
|17-5-2010 - 8 w 5 d In Love!
||My mood while writing this blog:|
As you all know I had a scan today and after having a fretful weekend strewn with worry because I am feeling much better on the m/s front which in turn conjure up worry, it turned out PERFECT!
Our little Baby is still measuring ahead. I am keeping to my LMP date, but according to the scan s/he is measuring 9 w 2 d! So here is the story of the scan:
Did the normal pre-scan things. I picked up 500g and weigh 62.6kg (137.7lbs) with everything else looking good. Think my BP was higher because I was so nervous. Had to wait in the waiting room for another couple to finish and in we went. Dr saw how nervous I was and I explained about the much improved m/s and he just gave an understanding nod and said we should start.
He did a external scan. My first ever. We immediately saw the gestational sac and could see there is a baby. WOOOHOOO! Then Dr said their is the HB. Double WOOOHOOO! I off course could not see it so he zoomed and zoomed and my oath there it was. The little heart beating away, you can even see the blood move through it. Then I noticed the rest of baby. First of all it has grown allot. WOOOHOOO!!! It was lying on its back and there were little arms and legs sticking up in the air and every now and again an arm or leg will move.
I excitedly pointed this out to my DH and then promptly started crying. I was so elated. The Dr had a bit of struggle at this point as my belly kept moving up and down between sobs and giggles and he eventually got the measurement of baby measuring 9 w 2 d. Triple WOOOOOHOOOO! There are no words for the happiness I am experiencing right now. Cloud 999 and beyond!
The next scan is scheduled in 3 weeks time for the 7th June. Originally it would have been the 14th, but Dr said he does not think I will be able to wait that long. He also offered again that I can pop in for a check up whenever I feel my nerves getting to me. He also approved off my 1 progesterone a day 'weaning' from the meds.
What a magnificent day! My prayer on the way to the scan was short, but my prayer to say thanks will be forever.
24 Comments on 8 w 5 d In Love!mommabell
- Saturday, 22 May I have not been on this site in quite some time. It is so nice to log on and read all of your wonderful blogs!! I am beyond happy for you, I know how hard it has been. You are so incredibly strong!! brinagr
- Tuesday, 18 May So so happy for you God Bless!!! em2 stewarts wife
- Tuesday, 18 May I am just so happy to hear your great news! It is extra amazing when the little legs and arms grow huh? Tears of joy for you in the Stewart Household! CANdiceHARDon
- Monday, 17 May sounds like your in wonderful hands. i am so happy for you my love. xox tassy
- Monday, 17 May Soo happy for u Liz. Did u manage to get a scan pic this time? Do upload it for us to see :) firstmommy08
- Monday, 17 May I'm so excited for you Liz!!! Congrats & much love!!! christinesc
- Monday, 17 May I am so freaking elated for you and J!!!! Keep the updates coming! xoxo 240310
- Monday, 17 May I'm so pleased it went well for you!!! Your baby will be here before you know it!!! :) x firstlittleangel
- Monday, 17 May This is so amazing I am so happy for you! I just love seeing the little bub on the screen it's wonderful and in a short time you will feel those movements and know everything is just fine! Big hug hun! ashley-blesseddaily
- Monday, 17 May GOD BLESS!!!! AMEN!!!! YAY!!!!! OMG!!!!! HIP-HIP.....HOORAY!!!! So happy for you babe and can not wait for another in 3 weeks so you can see just how much your miracle is growing, nice and healthy! (((BIG HUG)))) xoxoxoI am also so thankful for your considerate doctor...its amkes all the difference! ; ) kaysfamily
- Monday, 17 May omg i am sooo happy! i have tears in my eyes like crazy! i'm soo happy for you sweetie!! i'm always thinking of you! Sarahbeth13
- Monday, 17 May Yipppeee!!! So happy for you!! girlinterrupted
- Monday, 17 May Oh Liz, thats so fantastic :) mll28
- Monday, 17 May I'm soo happy for you hun!!!! Your little one will be in your arms in no time!!!! Can't believe how fast its going already! mmyof3angels
- Monday, 17 May OMG!! This is so exciting I got goosbumps!! :) Sooo happy for you!!!!!!! MrsStrickland74
- Monday, 17 May If I weren't at work I would be sobbing too! I am so happy for you!!! And WOW time is flying for you! kimkayb
- Monday, 17 May Awwww, how exciting, what a happy time!!!! DiandClover
- Monday, 17 May YAY FETUSSIE!! Liz, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE hearing about your wee one's fantastic progression! Time is moving so quickly for your pregnancy it seems (for me as an observer anyway!) You give me so much hope, courage and inspiration! Did you get scan pics? xoxo Savvy
- Monday, 17 May Good for u and little baby. God bless you all. pol
- Monday, 17 May I am welling up with tears of joy reading this! I swear I am more excited by your pregnancy than my own! x rubylove
- Monday, 17 May I am super happy for you darling :) also ur so lucky to get a scan so often, how reassuring! Abigails Mommy
- Monday, 17 May I cried tears of joy for you Ms. L. and am beyond excited for you .I also had to laugh because I cried at my u/s and had to control myself for measurements too lolol freespirit
- Monday, 17 May So happy for you, it has bought tears to my eyes xxx MrsMommy2
- Monday, 17 May Woohooo!!! I'm so excited for you hun. This is WONDERFUL!!! Your little one is growing strong and healthy! Im so so so happy for you!