Write a new blog
|20-5-2010 - 9 w 1 d What a Change
||My mood while writing this blog:|
I have for the first time ever seen a small little human being growing inside of me. Alive. Kicking. Moving. It was overwhelming and I am still glowing with the intense emotions it stirs. Thinking of the scan on Monday leaves me with tears of joy. It bubbles inside of me and I cannot help to smile fondly and get lost in a far off daze of happiness. This feeling is unknown to me in pregnancy and I love it.
I have but caught myself once thinking that maybe I should just put a bit of a damper on it until week 12. However, I cannot think of one reason why. I am sure this little bundle can do with all the joy and faith and trust in the world and I am going to try and shower him/her in it.
The m/s is still around but at times so much more improved I actually felt human at times this week. Unfortunately, feeling human makes me complacent which means I don't eat enough and before I knew it I was bent over a loo. This left me with the most incredibly painful and uncomfortable heartburn. I will have to be more diligent about my food and water intake the better I feel.
My bust is bursting at the seams. I will have to find maternity bras and quick. My clothes are also not fitting comfortable anymore. It is not that there is a bump to speak off, just bloated and I have not picked up weight per say. There is just a change in my body and my clothes feel tight over the tummy and bust. Not quite sure what to do about this. Did not expect myself to wonder into the maternity section of the stores before week 12. However, soon I won't have a choice. There is only so many ways one can pull your clothes to fit right and then you just start looking silly. Not to mention uncomfortable.
So much change going on and it is only the start. I am so looking forward to the rest of this journey. This is such a personal encounter, you get to experience a tiny embryo growing into a little person and in unison our bodies grow and change to accommodate this new life. It is like a really great song that touch your soul or beautiful scenery that leaves you breathless or a happy moment in time that will always stay with you. It is not of your doing and you can only be in awe that you are part of it. It is magical, a real miracle in progress and you get to be part of it. How blessed are we!
14 Comments on 9 w 1 d What a Changeem2 stewarts wife
- Friday, 21 May I am so happy for you! Isnt it strange feeling so happy during pregnancy? We are so used to the scared and nervous feelings so we almost dont know what to do with all the happiness! As for the early "expansion" and growing... my belly was HUGE from 6 - 12 weeks and then disapeared at 14 weeks. If you have then there, check out thrift stores for used maternity wear... I bought my first pair of maternity pants at 14 weeks. And I have been wearing sports bras since day one because my boobs are gianormous! Savvy
- Thursday, 20 May I know eh? isn't it amazing? I am so happy that God is giving u the oppertunity to experience all of this. I did the rubber band on my pants for a while, bu cause I am a big girl, I wore my blouse outside of my pants, so no one really noticed the rubber band. take care and enjoy every bit of this. U have waited long enough. firsttimer
- Thursday, 20 May Hear hear on the belly band Lizette! The best piece of maternity clothing you could purchase. I just used this wonderful band of material and left my zip open on my trousers. My trousers stayed up and I could breathe. I bought two pairs of maternity jeans and one pair of maternity work trousers and two bands. Those items saw me through the whole of pregnancy. Gosh I miss my ever accommodating maternity jeans....... This is such a wonderful thing to be discussing with you. Go ahead and allow yourself to enjoy this pregnancy Lizette. Even if it means a sneaky visit to the maternity section at 9 weeks....... Oh and I'm sorry! the heartburn is only going to go on and on and on LOL, LOL firstlittleangel
- Thursday, 20 May I am having bust issues myself hun! goes with the territory, i keep asking when will they stop. but it will only get worse before it get's better. My DH sure isn't complaining :) I am glad all is going so well, don't feel bad about enjoying every moment instead of worrying! no need to worry you will be just fine! tassy
- Thursday, 20 May Liz it was soo amazing to read your blog. It's like I am reliving my pregnancy days again wid u.. I am just overjoyed in your joy and in totally in awevwith the miracle growing inside u. You wil make a very caring n loving mother, I must say. Hugs utopianite
- Thursday, 20 May That was so sweet to read! My eyes just teared up. :-) I'm so happy for you. It really is the most wonderous thing seeing that tiny person on the screen. :-) DiandClover
- Thursday, 20 May lol! I never knew I was pregnant with Sebastian until I was 7 weeks - big clue was when I tried on a dress that fit me perfectly two weeks before, and it no longer fit in the bust - AT ALL!! hee hee! Keep enjoying the journey, beautiful! butterfly-angel
- Thursday, 20 May So happy for you :) Isin't it amazing seeing that little one??!!! Freespirit
- Thursday, 20 May Hi hun - what a lovely blog. You really have a way of putting the undescribable into words. You must write a journal for your bubba to read when its old enough xx Abigails Mommy
- Thursday, 20 May Woohoo!!! When I was pregnant with Abigail my bb's outgrew the rest of me FAST!! This time it's more in relation to all of me LOL I also started maternity clothes earlier this time (about 10 weeks) due to comfort and the tightening of my regular clothes. I mostly wore elastic waisted dress pants with Abs because I was working at the time. I'm so excited for you!! thinkpink2010
- Thursday, 20 May I started maternity pants around week 10 too... it's hard at first because your non-pregnant clothes are too tight but maternity clothes are too big. Look into a belly band... they help that in between stage! I was the same way with M/S too... I had to eat a little all the time or I would get SO sick, then you get to the 2nd trimester and all you want to do is eat. LOL! MrsStrickland74
- Thursday, 20 May I bought maternity pants at 6 wks. They are sooooo much more comfortable than having to try to fit into regular pants. When I got pregnant I believed that he deserved to be celebrated from the beginning, just because there is a fear there. We told everyone from the beginning. I figured if something happened there are more people for support, but also there are more people that can pray for the well-being of the baby. Wow already 9 weeks. Time is flying!!! MummytoHarrison
- Thursday, 20 May Enjoy it Liz!!! If it's any consolation, I have been in maternity trousers for weeks now!! firstmommy08
- Thursday, 20 May I'm happy for you... Liz! You & DH so deserve this little miracle God has given to you both!