Write a new blog
|27-5-2010 - 10 w 6 d Skipping Ahead (LMP 10 w)
||My mood while writing this blog:|
I\'m so happy! Oh so happy!
Well it turns out that the glow of my previous scan did not last as long as I hoped. So after a week of improved symptoms and feeling 'less' pregnant everyday I caved and took the Dr up on his offer to reassure me by having a scan. The Dr's first words when seeing me was 'I expected you at least a week earlier. You are way to polite and can honestly pop in more often. I know this is very hard for you and nothing we can say will give you comfort other than seeing it for yourself' . Bless him!
So this morning I had the honour of seeing our little baby again and everything was perfect. There s/he was lying on its side, sleeping, with its back facing us. The Dr spotted the HB immediately. It was 167 b/m. This time round that brought an instant smile and relief to me. Baby measure 1 more day ahead at 10 w 6 d. It gave a shrug of the shoulder and moved its bum as if to say 'Stop bothering me when I am sleeping. I am very busy growing here!'. I weighed in at 63kg (138.6 lbs) and have gained 900g (2 lbs) in total now.
Needless to say that I have a glorious scan glow with the obvious smile accompanying it.
I have subsequently to this scan decided to move my due date up with 5 days since baby continues to measure ahead. I have updated all my tickers etc. That means I will be 11 w tomorrow. Only 7 days to go and we will be at the 12 w mark! WOOOHOOO!
On the symptom side. As mentioned above, I am starting to feel so much better. I do get tired in the afternoons and go to bed early. However, I have so much less m/s and think I feel the tiredness because I am not so sick anymore. I feel more energetic, especially in the mornings. M/s still strikes at night and yesterday I had a particularly not so nice afternoon and evening. What had me stumped last night is my BBs was not tender when taking of my bra and felt not so heavy. This is a new change. I am only starting to get used to less m/s and now my BBs change? That was just one too many changes. It should be said that this morning the BBs feel pretty much the same as it has been in the last 6 weeks. Heavy and big. However, I decided that I am not prolonging the torture for another 10 days and went to the scan anyway. I am also less bloated so my pants are fitting better again.
I am so so so incredibly happy that our little baby is doing so well. YAY a 1 000 000 times over and a 1 000 000 times more thankful than I can ever express.
I uploaded the scan pic. It is not very clear though.
21 Comments on 10 w 6 d Skipping Ahead (LMP 10 w)rooey
- Wednesday, 2 Jun I am so over the moon for you :o) xxxx. Abigails Mommy
- Tuesday, 1 Jun Woohoo is all I can say :-) kaysfamily
- Friday, 28 May wonderful news!!! god bless you both!!!! I can't wait to see your belly pics! i am sooooooooo glad you have the dr you do! mine was also wonderful but i've heard a lot of other girls not getting what we have. I can see you smiling and slowly jumping for joy! ((hugs to you both! ;) ))) MrsMommy2
- Friday, 28 May I am so happy for you!! And I am so happy that you have such a nice caring doctor who will let you pop in to get a scan when you need to! Have you stopped taking the progesterone suppliments? Once I stopped taking them my symptoms seemed to lessen as far as m/s goes. Woohoo Almost into the 2nd trimester already!! Well Congrats i'm off to check out your scan pic!! ashley-blesseddaily
- Friday, 28 May Oh Liz....I am SO happy for you!!!! I am also so thankful for your understanding doctor....almost 12 weeks yay!!!! You will find some comfort with the 12 week mark, but honestly for me it was once i felt the baby move daily that I was truly comforted and then of course worried the few days I didn't feel him. With Halle I didn't feel her move till I was 5 months, but with Noah I felt him at 4 months, I hope you feel this little blessing sooner than later to bring you that daily comfort! (((BIG HUG))) xoxoxo pol
- Friday, 28 May So pleased to hear all is still perfect. My syptoms also dropped off around 10/11weeks whilst i was on holiday. xx feefees a mom 2 be
- Thursday, 27 May lol!! I am glad things are going AWESOME!! I can just hear the joy in your words! leanbean
- Thursday, 27 May wOW! I'm so happy that things went so well! Woo hoo for a great Dr. with and a healthy baby! wilmie
- Thursday, 27 May Aww! I can't waait to see the belly pics! ~W~ DiandClover
- Thursday, 27 May Awesome, awesome, awesome!! Glad you took your doc up on his offer - nothing wrong with getting your piece of mind! Beautiful scan pic too :) As for the tender bbs going away - by 10 weeks, mine had grown all they were going to during the pregnancy. They never increased in size or tenderness again until Sebastian arrived! em2 stewarts wife
- Thursday, 27 May I am so happy for you Liz! Baby looks great and thank goodness for an indulgent dr! What a nice guy! I look forward to many more updates! Savvy
- Thursday, 27 May Very good news, have fun. 1wk and 1day and u go to 12wks. YAY!! mll28
- Thursday, 27 May You're lucky to have such an amazing doc!!! I'm so glad he doesn't shrug you off when you worry.Baby looks great:):):) Can't believe you are almost 11 weeks already!! girlinterrupted
- Thursday, 27 May Thats fantastic Liz :)The 2nd trimester is a much better time, I know I felt better then.xxx firstlittleangel
- Thursday, 27 May I am so happy for you sweetie! That is so adorable! I am so glad that you have such an understanding doc that will let you come in whenever! Your time is flying by!! enjoy every second! rubylove
- Thursday, 27 May ur doc is great! and I am so happy for u darlin' ::)))))) mfbrown
- Thursday, 27 May :0) Thats great! And sounds like you have a wonderful doc! Beautiful pics. And so great when we get to see them in their little work... Like we're peeking in haha :0) kimkayb
- Thursday, 27 May Awww, that is so cute and what wonderful news to share with us :) MummytoHarrison
- Thursday, 27 May So glad that you got to see your little un again - what a fab doctor you have too!!!!! You're only one day behind me so we really can share this together which will be fabulous. mmyof3angels
- Thursday, 27 May This is wonderful news!! I am soooo beyond happy for you!!! :) Cant wait to see lil baby grow more and more!!! :) YAY! MrsStrickland74
- Thursday, 27 May That is wonderful! You are very lucky to have such a wonderful doctor. Insurance wouldn't cover but medically necessary scans which were very few. You are almost to your second trimester so symptoms will start to subside. It makes you worry even more until the baby moves. I would invest in a doppler. I bought mine off ebay for $99us called hi bebe. I picked up my son's heartbeat at 11 weeks. It saved me many trips to the doctor!