Write a new blog
|04-6-2010 - 12 Weeks! (LMP 11 w 1 d)
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Overwhelmed with joy
I am actually at a loss as to what to say. I am sitting here trying to find the words to express what this day means to me.
This morning I wrote '12' on the calendar and circled it. It was just another day. Then I said congratulations to my DH and still it was just another day. Then, when I was in the shower, I just started sobbing. It dawned on me, I am 12 weeks pregnant! 12 WEEKS! *tearing up again*
How did I get here? This elusive milestone that has been unattainable for the last 3 years seems to have arrived quite suddenly and quietly. All I could think in the shower this morning is how am I going to say thanks for this? How do you say thanks for something this precious? Suddenly I felt so undeserving of this pregnancy and this baby. I felt so tiny in this overwhelming miracle. So impossibly small in my capability to show my gratitude. The mere thought or mention of being here tears me up and overwhelms me over and over again. All I can say is thank you! Thank you God for blessing me. *now I am crying*
I have my 12 week scan on Monday. Today the nerves for the scan is just drowned out by this intense feeling of thankfulness.
After the scan on Monday I can scream our news to the world. I can go out and for the first time will go and buy our little baby something from his/her parents. I can buy a pregnancy magazine without thinking about it. On Monday I get to breathe a sigh of relief and just relax and enjoy the rest of my pregnancy.
I had my last progesterone suppository Sunday night. I don't know if it is as a result of this or not, but this week the m/s was more pertinent again. On Tuesday night at 03:00am I was bent over the loo.
I have no bump to report yet, although I am now wearing my maternity belt every day. I will post a belly pic on Monday after the scan though.
Needless to say I am both nervous and excited for Monday's scan. For today though, it doesn't matter at all. Today I am 12 weeks pregnant! WOOOHOOO! A year ago I would not have thought I could ever get here. I am so overwhelmed and it all seems so unreal. How incredible!
24 Comments on 12 Weeks! (LMP 11 w 1 d)brinagr
- Monday, 7 Jun Congrats so so happy 4 you God Bless!! feefees a mom 2 be
- Sunday, 6 Jun Congratulations on reaching your milestone. Now go shout it out!!! : ) ashley-blesseddaily
- Saturday, 5 Jun Honey you guys deserve this more than anyone! Enjoy being 12 weeks and before you know it you will be 14, 18, 20..oh my! Then 28, 35...and oh my goodness, you will be holding your precious baby in your arms admiring every single feature and wondering..."how did I get so blessed?!" Can not wait to see scan pictures = ) firstmommy08
- Saturday, 5 Jun Liz - - - - - - Congrats!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Bless you & little baby too!! I know I'd be "over the moon" as well!! firsttimer
- Saturday, 5 Jun :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :):) freespirit
- Friday, 4 Jun I know exactly what you mean hun and I still wonder now how I ever deserved to be blessed finally with Louby. So looking forward to seeing that belly pic and good luck with your scan! Time will start to speed by now you are 12 weeks and just think, in a few weeks time, you will start feeling those first flutters which will make it seem more real! xxxx EllaG
- Friday, 4 Jun I get chills through me reading your blogs. I'm so unbelievably happy for you Liz. You so deserve to be happy and to have this wonderful little baby, I'm so glad that after all your heartache, your dream is being realized. Enjoy every moment of it. xxx utopianite
- Friday, 4 Jun YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you! December will be here before you know it!!! mfbrown
- Friday, 4 Jun Congratulations on 12 weeks! It's a wonderful accomplishment! :0) It's about time for you! :0D It does fly by so fast! I'm thinking 22 almost 23 weeks what the heck? lol. CONGRATS and sit back, relax, and enjoy the rest! :0) 2inoctober
- Friday, 4 Jun Happy 12 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! trying4thirdangel
- Friday, 4 Jun I'm SO happy for you! I cant believe that I'm now in my 24th week. If you think 12 weeks was amazing wait til you get to 20 weeks :) I'm SO very happy for you Liz! pinkmama
- Friday, 4 Jun yay!!!! these 12 weeks has flown by for me! i feel like i was just reading your exciting bfp news! =o) good luck at your scan on monday! i cant wait to hear all about it! =o) xoxo amber tassy
- Friday, 4 Jun Liz im all in tears wid u.. I respect ur emotions and feeling of gratitude. I am soo happy u reached the 12 week mark. Goodluck for ur scan on monday. Cant wait to read how it went :) hugss christinesc
- Friday, 4 Jun YES!!!!!! I am over the moon for you, Liz!!! kaysfamily
- Friday, 4 Jun wwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo i am soooo happy for you Liz!!! congrads sweetie! i am sooo looking foward to monday! i'll be thinking about the 2 of you :) i am sooo happy for you! big hugs!! ohh i am soo happy ! i'm like soo jumpy lol lol congrads sweetie!!! nikkic204
- Friday, 4 Jun YAY that is GREAT GREAT GREAT news! Good for you. Savvy is right.. enjoy the 2nd trimester as it will be the best! :-) MrsMommy2
- Friday, 4 Jun Woohoo 12 weeks!!! So happy for you hun. You DESERVE this baby so much! I am so excited for you. rubylove
- Friday, 4 Jun YAY! congrats! I'm so happy for u darlin'! pol
- Friday, 4 Jun WHOOOOOOOPPPPIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE!!!!! 12 weeks, 12 weeks, 12 weeks! I have just done a little dance around my living room for you! I can't wait for you to have the scanon Monday and then share your wonderful wonderful secret with the world! xx firstlittleangel
- Friday, 4 Jun I am so excited for you sweetie! Congrats on getting to teh 12 week milestone! the rest will go so quick! happy happy joy joy mmyof3angels
- Friday, 4 Jun I cant wait for your scan on Monday! After Monday I hope you can relax and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy! I am soooo happy for you!! Congrats!! thinkpink2010
- Friday, 4 Jun Congratulations on your milestone! I think EVERY Mom breathes a sigh of relief upon hitting the 12 week mark! One of God's most amazing miracles is the creation of a new life!! We are SO BLESSED to get to play a part in it!! I pray you have continued happiness and that you enjoy "shouting from the rooftops" the news of your coming arrival!!!! God bless you and your growing family!!! Savvy
- Friday, 4 Jun I am so happy for u my dear. Congrats on getting to 12wks. I know this is a hugh milestone for u and DH. U have passed the dreadful 12wks mark, Soon u will finish ur 1st trimester...how exciting. Enjoy ur second trimester, it is the best one. enjoy and as u say, We give thanks to GOD for only HE made this possible. God bless u and beany baby. reila
- Friday, 4 Jun Yay! And I cannot wait until you have the scan on Monday. Hoping it turns out well and you can spread the happy new all around!