Write a new blog
|07-6-2010 - 12 w 3 d Scan Update (LMP 11 w 4 d)
||My mood while writing this blog:|
YAY! YAY! YAY! Baby is perfect! Baby measured 12 w 4 d (another day ahead) and had a strong heartbeat of 154bpm. S/he is 6.1cm (2.4in) tall and was relaxing on its back.
The Down Syndrome measurements showed the nuchal neck fold within normal range. We also saw a nose bone, which is another indication for a low risk of Down Syndrome. We don't have the final results yet, will only be back by Wednesday. They take blood test results, nuchal neck fold measurement, my height, weight and age and then do calculations which gives you the risk. However, the Dr said that he is confident we are low risk.
This is SO surreal! I am kind of at a loss as to what now. Been so focussed on just getting here and getting past 12 weeks that what after that never came to mind. Yes! I have thought of holding baby or my growing bump or boy or girl, but .... WOW! We are here!
On my side of things, I am feeling YUK today. I have had a sudden bout of m/s since last night. Threw up before bed and then again at 1am this morning which included a terrible headache. Not quite sure where this is coming from and I am feeling very sorry for myself.
My blood pressure is low, 95/55. I was suspecting this. I gained a whopping 700g (24.7oz) in the last 2 weeks! So I have now gained a total of 1.6kg (3.5lbs). No wonder my pants are tight! Must be all the lovely lunches my MIL was cooking for us.
Well, after work I am off to buy my first pregnancy mag and a little something for baby! Will also take my belly pic and load that tomorrow.
Thanks for all your lovely messages of congratulations and support on my last blog. You are the best!
Oh my goodness! I AM SO EXCITED AND HAPPY!!!!!
17 Comments on 12 w 3 d Scan Update (LMP 11 w 4 d)mfbrown
- Tuesday, 8 Jun Congrats on things going so well! :0) Keep up the good baby growing! :0) freespirit
- Tuesday, 8 Jun Oh yay! Your blog has made me happy!!! The weeks are going to start to fly by now that you have reached that 12 week mark! xxxx pol
- Tuesday, 8 Jun I KNEW this would be your time and I'm right! So pleased to see you safely sitting in week 12. Hope the sickness eases soon xx kaysfamily
- Monday, 7 Jun yessssssssssssssssss i am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy for you!!! i knew things would go ok! i am gonna check out the baby now :) enjoy buying a mag and something soo cute for the baby! awwww Be proud and tell everyone your wonderful news!!!! Hugs! girlinterrupted
- Monday, 7 Jun Fantastic news hun, so happy :) xxx DiandClover
- Monday, 7 Jun Oh how much do I LOVE reading these wonderful updates! Thrilled to hear how well baby is doing! 240310
- Monday, 7 Jun :) you deserve this happiness so much x x Abigails Mommy
- Monday, 7 Jun *smile* I'm so unbelievably happy for you my friend. HUGE HUGS feefees a mom 2 be
- Monday, 7 Jun Have fun shopping. I am now looking foward to meet your child in the next few months (they'll just fly by) Enjoy!! mamadrama
- Monday, 7 Jun So so so so Happy for you!!! A big Congrats!! firstlittleangel
- Monday, 7 Jun That is so terriffic I am going to go check out the pictures now! so exciting!! wilmie
- Monday, 7 Jun It's your time, enjoy it!! em2 stewarts wife
- Monday, 7 Jun I am so happy to read this! making it this far is such a surreal feeling... be ready! These next weeks and months will fly by! I am just so pleased for you! christinesc
- Monday, 7 Jun Woooohooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 12 weeks and now it's time to shout it from the roof tops. I expect to hear it all the way over here!!! Love! firstmommy08
- Monday, 7 Jun Awwwwwwww...esome news, Liz!!! Wishing you all the best! reila
- Monday, 7 Jun Yay! Glad things are good so far and that baby is fine. MrsStrickland74
- Monday, 7 Jun Sounds wonderful! Can't wait to see belly pictures. I still look back on mine and say wow was I really that big and Was I really that small before I got pg? lol