Write a new blog
|12-8-2010 - 21 w Detailed Scan
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Incredibly Happy and in Love
What a fabulous scan! Yesterday was probably one of the most special days thus far.
Our Baby Boy was perfectly normal in every way! Yes. We confirmed we are expecting a boy.
Baby is still measuring ahead by 7 days (head, legs and abdomen). We have also learned that our boy has big feet and long arms (measuring 11 days ahead). His brain, organs, spine and limbs are all perfectly normal. There is no cleft pallet and he had 10 toes and 10 fingers. We saw the little heart and could count the four heart chambers with the Dr, see the heart valves and even the aorta. It was all very amazing!
His HB was 153 and he weighed 430g (0.95lbs).
My MIL and DH's Grand Mother joined the scan from the start. It was their first scan experience and the Dr was so amazing, explaining everything he is doing and measuring. In total we received a 12 minute DVD of our son.
The placenta is still anterior and we could see the veins running through the umbilical cord. Amniotic fluid is also looking good.
When trying to get a proper picture of his boy parts, baby was not cooperating. He kept putting his feet in the way and kicked at the doppler when the gyne was pressing hard. The Dr would jiggle my belly to see if he would move (which made me burst out with laughter and jiggle the belly even more) but to no avail. We have a modest and stubborn little man.
My BP was normal, urine clear and I gained 2.8kgs (6.17lbs) since my last appointment. That puts my total weight gain to 5.4kgs (11.9lbs).
The Dr is very happy on all aspects and says we are expecting a healthy big boy.
Next scan 21 September. Hope to take my SIL and my mom with to this one.
Now our next step is to find a name for our boy (which is turning out to be quite a mission).
13 Comments on 21 w Detailed Scanmmyof3angels
- Wednesday, 18 Aug So glad to hear that everything is going well!!! :) MrsMommy2
- Tuesday, 17 Aug aww so glad your scan went perfect! Sounds like your got a big boy in the works! Its so amazing how detailed the scans are isn't it! Im so so happy things are going on wonderfully for you. You are going to be a GREAT mom thats one very lucky little boy you have! Savannahsmummy
- Sunday, 15 Aug I'm glad everything went well with your scan...mine is in 3 days and I really can't wait especially since I started feeling proper kicks since yesterday :-) x celestu
- Thursday, 12 Aug That is so nice, I'm really jealous, I hope I get a detailed scan on the 2nd September then 24 weeks and they said we must bring a dvd so I hope its gonna be as good as yours, congrats on the boy look like the South-Africans is all boys RainbowRach
- Thursday, 12 Aug Such a special time and so amazing you could share it with other members of your family. This is one of the times I am sure you have dreamed about over the years, I hope it was even more perfect in reality. I'm so over the moon for you both that your little boy is perfect xx utopianite
- Thursday, 12 Aug Yay!!! I'm glad that your scan went so well! :-) tassy
- Thursday, 12 Aug Wow wow wow i am sooo happy for u... Boys are naughty yet soooo much fun. Glad all is well wid u n ur baby boy :) firstmommy08
- Thursday, 12 Aug Awesome news Liz!! Glad things are going well!!! steph mom of 3 beauties x
- Thursday, 12 Aug Aww hun that's fantastic news!! So very happy for you! And boy's are such a joy! he's gonna be perfect! xx girlinterrupted
- Thursday, 12 Aug This is just wonderful news Liz, I am so happy for you. Totally get the name thing!! We struggled with one for Logan, lol xxx em2 stewarts wife
- Thursday, 12 Aug LOVE this!!! SO happy for you, your DH and your little boy! yay! HootOwl
- Thursday, 12 Aug Fantastic!! So glad that your little lad is looking really good. I trust that your MIL and Grandmother loved every minute of seeing their future grandson/great-grandson on that screen. Abigails Mommy
- Thursday, 12 Aug What a special scan to have so many loving people to be there with you :-) I'm so excited for you to be having a son and that he's healthy!! Congrats L & J and I'm enjoying sharing this experience with you!