Write a new blog
|27-10-2010 - 31 w 6 d Home Alone
||My mood while writing this blog:|
DH went away on business on Monday this week. So I am home alone. As said before YAY! for the business but BOOO! for being without DH. I miss him a lot. If this trip goes well, he might be going away for one week a month for the next year. This will be a big YAY for our finances. Time will tell if this will materialise.
On another note. Callum is really running out of room. On Monday I ended up at the Dr's office being monitored as I had BH and in combination with the position he was lying in, it started hurting (which I obviously I did not know at the moment it was happening). It eventual sent me into worry that it is onset of preterm labour . Thankfully the moment I lay down at the Dr's office the BH calmed down. Callum's HB was great and no contractions could be detected. The nurse at the Drs office was so stunning and sat with me, monitoring me and Callum and talking non stop. Bless her!
It would really help if there was a spot at the office where I could lay down when I do get BH as that usually sorts them out. I don't get them often but have noticed that it is when I am tense. Monday I was tense and combined that with sitting in a 3 hour meeting, no food no drink. No wonder the BH did not want to subside.
With that being said, it seems like the tension at work has been resolved. All the hard work has paid of and I am feeling SOOOO much more relaxed. Also, looking at my calendar for the next month, it is nice and empty. I made a promise too myself that by the end of October I am slowing down drastically and it seems I have achieved that. YAY!
To make sure I don't stay in the same position at the office too long, I brought a birthing ball to work and sit on it at least twice a day now for about an hour. This has now also proven to be an effective way of getting Callum to move out of uncomfortable positions (which he lodged himself into this morning again). I guess this is going to become quite the phenomenon for the next 8 weeks. I feel so sorry for him running out of space in there.
On Friday I will be attending a baby expo with my MIL and mom. Looking forward to that and hope to buy a baby bag then.
All and all I am doing well and am happily awaiting Callum's arrival. It is becoming more and more real that time is nearing for his arrival especially now that we have friends on IAP going into labour. In some instances preterm labour which makes me talk to Callum everytime to remind him that it is not time to come yet. Sending tons of love to all my friends that have had preterm babies or are trying to stop preterm labour. May you and baby get the best care possible to ensure you both get home in good health with the least amount of time spent apart.
Since DH is not here there is no belly pic this week.
9 Comments on 31 w 6 d Home Alonefirstmommy08
- Friday, 29 Oct Glad to hear all is progressing well!! Keep it up baby Callum! wilmie
- Friday, 29 Oct Enjoy your time to relax before your new boss arives ;) andriette and christians mummy liz
- Wednesday, 27 Oct Eks super bly als gan goed met jou.o ja ken daai snaakse posisies wat hulle hulself inkry en as jy kort is help diti lol.Dankie vir al die nice boodskappe wat jy stuur maar ek moet iets se,ek moet jou tannie noem dis net maniere hehe joke net.kan nie glo jyt nog net 57 dae oor nie sjoe.Hoe voel bh kontraksies? utopianite
- Wednesday, 27 Oct I'm glad that you're still doing well. And the Braxton Hicks may even get stronger as you get closer to your due date. :-) Sorry your hubby is away (I know the feeling.) You must be getting so excited now! I know I am. I'm constantly writing to my husband to remind him how far along I am now. :-) kimkayb
- Wednesday, 27 Oct Awww, I feel bad that you are alone, but DH will be home before you know it!!!! Glad to hear that things are going great and your little guy is cooperating :) Have fun at the baby expo w/ the moms!!! freespirit
- Wednesday, 27 Oct Awww! Glad BH are ok and Callum has to stay put in mummy for a few more weeks yet!!! When will you be going on Maternity leave? xxx babybump82
- Wednesday, 27 Oct Glad to hear that you and Callum are ok and that work is calming down for you. I had a birthing ball with Alfie, which I loved - may have to get it out again soon! Looking forward to a pic next week! xxx firstlittleangel
- Wednesday, 27 Oct This is so exciting!! MummytoHarrison
- Wednesday, 27 Oct Glad that you got such good care at the doctors office and that your work schedule has eased up. The work thing for DH is bittersweet indeed. I know what you mean about the space thing too - Harrison is definitely running out of room as well!!!