Write a new blog
|08-3-2011 - Callum 12 Weeks Old
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Callum is 3 months old - ALREADY! It is like time has started speeding up since he came into this world.
He is such a cutie and, as if it is at all possible, seems to be getting cuter by the day. He is a real socialite and loves chatting, smiling and gurgling with all of his family and toys. It is absolutely adorable when he gets into a real 'conversation' and it is definitely his favourite pass time. He will swat or hold on to dangling objects and tries to put them in his mouth. He also holds on to a rattle/toy when placed in his hand, although he does not seem aware of it. He is constantly sucking/chomping on a hand or both hands in some cases. Occasionally he finds his thumb and then profusely sucks on it (to his mother's dismay). He started splashing in the bath, can hold up his head and will stand when held up.
His weight gain has slowed down, weighs 6.6kg and he only feeds 5-6 times a day now.
Unfortunately he is still suffering from reflux and cramps. We are on a treatment program for the next 2 weeks to see if we can put an end to it all. Holding thumbs it works. He is definitely less fussy when he wants to sleep during the day although he still wakes up as a result of either the cramps/reflux and then struggle to fall asleep again and then he ends up sleeping on which ever willing soul is rocking him. I guess it is needless to say that he still does not like being on his tummy or lying for periods flat on his back due to the discomfort from the reflux - so no rolling over or lifting himself up on his arms when on his tummy.
At night he now sleeps from between 7-8pm until either 3, 4 or 5am depending on his hunger. Only 1 feed at night.
Both DH and I are doing well. Although I did have some seriously exhausting days thanks to the reflux and cramps. Thankfully, we have many willing hands helping out when needed.
18 Comments on Callum 12 Weeks OldAbigails Mommy
- Sunday, 20 Mar Beautiful son you have Ms. L :-) utopianite
- Sunday, 13 Mar He's so cute! Glad to hear that he's doing well. One of my sons had reflux too. It's some awful stuff! Oh, and your profile picture is absolutely gorgeous!!! :-) babybump82
- Friday, 11 Mar He is so gorgeous! Hope the treatment programme for the reflux goes well xxx january baby
- Thursday, 10 Mar Oh he's so adorable! Sorry to hear he has reflux but you seem to be coping well. Our little girl is 7 weeks old and I absolutely know what you mean about time going fast, I can't believe it! xx Savvy
- Thursday, 10 Mar Wow, 3 months already. Sorry about the reflux, hope u can get that sorted out soon. Enjoy ur baby, as they grow up too fast. Vicki-mommy of 4
- Wednesday, 9 Mar Sorry about the reflux hun, I know it has to be absolutely exhausting. You are right he is absolutely gorgeous. I can't believe it's been 12 weeks already! Thanks for the update! ryry ~pink~
- Wednesday, 9 Mar Good job! At three months, I think Tor was still waking up every 3-4 hours for a feed. Too bad about the reflux. If the treatment works, you must blog about it so other mothers know there's hope out there! What a cutie! 1st-time-Toya
- Tuesday, 8 Mar aww look at his handsome little face! :-) fruitful
- Tuesday, 8 Mar What a perfectly gorgeous baby. thinkpink2010
- Tuesday, 8 Mar What a beautiful baby boy! Love those big brown eyes. Glad to hear he is doing so well! LOVE your wall picture, that is so precious! mfbrown
- Tuesday, 8 Mar 3 months!!! Where has time gone!? It feels like just yesterday that we were waiting for him! haha :0) I am SO sorry to hear about the reflux issues! We had them with Owen too and it is very difficult... both on the sleep issue and to see them in discomfort and pain that we aren't able to do much about. I hope your plan of attack works out! I think it was around 3 1/2 months that Owen started feeling better. Fingers crossed for you guys! He is adorable and looks like such a charmer! Bless him! :0) Glad things are going well! xx kimkayb
- Tuesday, 8 Mar Are you serious??? How can he possibly be 12wks already??? He is a doll. The girls will be chasing him down for sure. You two made a perfect child. I'm praying this new program works and little Callum starts feeling a bit better and that his mommy & daddy can get some extra winks too :)) Thanks for updating us!! priddy-mama
- Tuesday, 8 Mar So great to hear an update! Happy to hear everything is going well! He is just so adorable!! DiandClover
- Tuesday, 8 Mar Wow, 3 months old! He's perfect Liz! Reflux is a pain, but he'll grow out of it soon with the treatment =) Good to hear from you!! xxoo mmyof3angels
- Tuesday, 8 Mar He is sooooooo freaking adorable! :) 240310
- Tuesday, 8 Mar Awww what a gorgie boy!!! I love your profile picture too by the way!!! He is such a good boy- only waking once in the night!! xx Marysto
- Tuesday, 8 Mar Awwww so sweet amelia had reflux and it corrected itself with the help of some meds by the time she was a year year and a half old, it's tough but it will work itself out!!!! tmg
- Tuesday, 8 Mar gorgeous...good luck... reflux is a tough road - but they do get through it :)