Write a new blog
|26-5-2009 - Wedding Survey
||My mood while writing this blog:|
1) When was your wedding day?
April 19, 2008
2) What day of the week was it?
3) Did you get married in a church?
Kinda. It is a chapel used for weddings, events, etc but not Sunday services so not sure how you would classify that!
4) How many in your wedding party?
3 bridesmaids, 3 groomsmen, flowergirl, ring bearer, and 2 ushers.
5) How many guests where invited to your wedding?
Around 150 I believe
6) How long did you wait to tie the knot after the proposal?
7) Who did you hire as photogragher & videographer?
Local photographer and a videographer who is now becoming VERY expensive and popular, glad we got him before the price jump!
8) Did you have a DJ or Band?
My moms friend from STL came up to DJ for us.
9) Did your father walk you down the aisle?
My father did, even though he really didn't deserve to, I didn't want to make waves so just went the traditional route.
10) What colour was brdiesmaids dresses and groomsmens vests?
My girls were in black, and I couldnt tell ya what color vests they wore. Groom, groomsmen, ushers and fathers all had slightly different looks (within our colors)
11) Who was your Maid of Honor/Bestman?
My Maid of Honor was my best friend Alisa and best man was our good friend Jeremy
12) Did you have a bridal shower?
Oh lord how many did I have? 3 I think! We had a couples shower at a bar, then his dads side threw me a shower, and his sister threw me a shower.
13) What type of limo did you have?
We didn't have a limo.
14) Where did you go for your hen party?
Oh wow, that was a disaster and a half. My mom rented this awesome SUV limo thingy but it was all downhill after we got started. Sorry but the BRIDE gets to tell everyone where we are going not the rest of the party....it sucked.
15) What type of wedding gown/ tux did you two wear?
I had a light gold gown that had a light overlay with lots of beading on the bottom, the train and the bust, and Dallas wore a classic tux (NO tails ick!)
16) How was the weather?
It was sprinkly and in the 60's, but it cleared up for pictures after the ceremony and was nice the rest of the time.
17) Where did you go on Honeymoon?
We didn't, I had to head back to nursing school on tuesday.
18) What was your best part of your wedding day?
I would have to say, looking back now, that before the ceremony when I was popping xanax like mad and shaking in my shoes was the best part. I don't feel such raw emotion about anything, so it was kinda cool to actually feel something so strongly, even though it was nervousness and anticipation!
19) How long have you been married?
13 months...says exactly on the ticker on my page.
20) What would your advise to other married couples?
It is healthy to have seperate lives as well as your life together. Nowhere does it say that you have to do EVERYTHING with your spouse. Have your own hobbies and interests, and allow your spouse to have the same, coming together to do things you both enjoy. That way you have two happy people who will never feel they have lost their own identity.
Comments on Wedding Survey