Write a new blog
|30-3-2009 - HALFWAY!!!!!! 20 weeks and 2 days
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Thank you so much to all the lovely friends who have congratulated me on the halfway point, 20 weeks!!! yay!!!
Well, I don't have words to even start to describe how elated I am to have made it here. Its just so unreal to me. I'm honestly grateful for every moment that goes by without a hitch and for every time I check the toilet paper and there are no bad signs.
I am suffering from quite bad back, leg and bottom (?) pains at the moment, and I'm getting ligament stretching which is quite uncomfortable, but these little things are just all part of this amazing journey. I am not going to grumble about it. I will take it all with pleasure, just to meet my beautiful baby in August.
Steve and I had a wonderful weekend. We got up early both days so we didn't waste a moment. The time was spent with a combination of pottering around the house, cleaning, eating lovely food and shopping. All things I love to do!! Sunday morning we got out of bed at 6.00am and took Nelson out for a walk in the woods as the sun was warming the air, birds were singing and Nelson was having a wonderful time. How I love the spring!
So this week brings the anomaly scan on Wednesday, I am very excited! I must remember that this scan is not only to confirm I can keep all the pink in the wardrobe (lol) but also to check everything is good with Bubba. As time gets closer I am thinking about it a little more, but I am sure Bubba is growing just fine :) I cant wait to announce the sex of the baby and the name we have chosen. Although we have three still on the short list so we might change our minds on the day of birth!
I am starting to think about my maternity leave as my employer will be expecting some kind of plan once they receive my MAT1B form at about 24 weeks. I have an appointment with my midwife around then, it will be the first time I see her since booking in at about 8 weeks as I have been under the care of the specialist. I am hoping he will release me on Wednesday. I have quite a few questions for the midwife, I am really struggling to make any decisions about the birth or feeding the baby. Maybe because I am not convinced I know enough to make an informed choice. For maternity leave, I am hoping to get 4 months off of work but it will really depend on finances as I am the higher earner in our house. Its not so bad having to go back to work quickly as I work from home.
I am hoping work will be calmer this week so I will have more time to catch up with you all. Last week was so manic, I got really stressed out which is not good. I couldn't take any breaks so my ankles started to swell up! They seem fine now. I will have a chat with my boss over the next few weeks to make sure I have some help next quarter end (June) as I am not going through that again. I only had four days away from work for the whole of Feb and March as I was having to work weekends to keep up.
Thats all from me now, as much as I hate to wish my life away......COME ON WEDNESDAY!!! lol
Lots of love, Rach & Little Miss Bubba (tbc) x x
24 Comments on HALFWAY!!!!!! 20 weeks and 2 daysLOViNMYKiDZ10
- Tuesday, 31 Mar CONGRATS SWEETIE!!!! HOPE ALL IS WELL KANT WAIT TILL TOMORROW TO FIND OUT WATS GOIN ON WITH THE BABY...!!! =] =] =] brinagr
- Tuesday, 31 Mar Congrats on your 20 week mark!!! lilmissk
- Tuesday, 31 Mar Congrats!!! supaflychick1982
- Tuesday, 31 Mar Whoooohooo halfway there!!! I'm counting my days till I'm there as well. firsttimer
- Tuesday, 31 Mar Congratulations Rachel, it's lovely to hear you are half way there. Take care at work tho', make sure they look after you.... mindyisliamsmama!
- Monday, 30 Mar Yay 20 weeks! :-) (I'm there tomorrow :-)) I'm so excited to hear about how your scan goes and the names you are considering :-) My scan is Wednesday too!! I just can't wait for it to be Wednesday already!! :-) Wednesday is also my husband's birthday so he's taking the whole day off of work and we're going to spend it together (the ultra sound, a little bit of baby shopping.. perhaps a registry :-) and then going out to dinner with about 13 friends :-)) I am SOO excited for Wednesday and you will be in my thoughts!! :-) Take care!! xxx veruca-salt
- Monday, 30 Mar congrats on being half way... that is awesome!! i am so very happy for you!! :) i just want to get past week 6 and everything be ok!! :) debsandgrace
- Monday, 30 Mar Congrats again!! Cant wait to see scan and to hear weather you are going to be mommy to a girl or boy so excited for you! Enjoy your scan and the lovely weather whilst we have it!! tonyal
- Monday, 30 Mar Congrats on being halfway there! I can't wait to hear if Bubba is a boy or a girl! steph mom of 3 beauties x
- Monday, 30 Mar Ahhhhh congrtas hun Wooohooo! 20weeks! I cannot wait to see your scan pic and for you to tell us all about it im soo pleased you and steve are great! And enjoying life, Sorry i have been quiet lately but iv'e been so down and sad over loosing our doggy friday and the worry allbeit silly maybe over this upcoming growth scan next thursday my consultant reffered me for, But the house is sooo quiet now without our dog and seeing ellie cry has broke my heart im sure i'll be ok in the next few days just keep me distracted with your happy news and coming on here reminds me of how long til my lil guy gets here by the tickers etc... im sure in a few days i'll be ok lots of love steph x x x reila
- Monday, 30 Mar Can't wait to hear the news after your ultrasound, I hope everything goes well! I remember how excited I was at my gender scan and getting to find out whether Aidan was a girl or boy. I remember when the tech found out the gender and didn't tell us for a while and tried to get us to guess. It was such an amazing feeling to hear the news he was a boy. You'll be amazed by the things your baby will be doing at this ultrasound and how much they've grown.
- Monday, 30 Mar Congratulations! Seems like we were just celebrating the 12 week mark. Good luck with your scan on Wednesday! :-) trinity
- Monday, 30 Mar I am starting to get a lot of discomfort with this pregnancy but I too am just counting my blessings. We have a mom in our week who had her baby at 25 wks and the lord is working miracles with her as she is doing great. This pregnancy journey will be over before we know it. Can't wait to hear about your scan. **MOLAR**SURVIVOR!!
- Monday, 30 Mar we were on the count 'up' to the half way and now we can start the countdown YIPPEEE!!!!!! sdluvbug
- Monday, 30 Mar I bet you feel so good to know you made it this far. The next 20 weeks will feel like it's taking forever but when it's all over and you reflect back on things it really does go quickly and before you know it the baby will be here. I'm so happy for you!!!! 2LadsAndLilLady!
- Monday, 30 Mar aww, congrats to you, yeah im 22 weeks 2mora seems to be flying by...birthing ideas id say just go in with an open mind, i know alot of mums say natural as possible and that is fine for some, but i didnt know how much pain i would be in or anything so i was lke in open to all as may need it!! I am going to try breast feeding this time, didnt with caden just didnt want to but this time i am going to try, think it all depends on what you want, and how you feel abuot things, as its all about picking your own choices and being comfortable with them hope this is in some way helpful x x rooey
- Monday, 30 Mar Honey I am so so so happy for you :o) :o)
Have you thought about getting a Dreamgenii pillow? Look them up. I got mine off Ebay, it has really helped with my back and hip aches :o)
Wishing you lots of luck for Wednesday. Cant wait to know what it is :o) I am so excitied for you :o) heehee
- Monday, 30 Mar Good luck for Wednesday. I have a mate in Australia who is 20 weeks tomorrow and has just had her gender scan - little boy for her!!!!!
Can't wait to hear which you have been blessed with - fingers crossed it's pink!!!! andriette and christians mummy liz
- Monday, 30 Mar AHHH ISNT THAT 20 WEEK MARK JUST SUCH A WONDERFULL FEELING.I REMEBER WHEN I HIT 20 WEEKS I WAS SO ELATED EVERYONE I SAW THAT DAY I SAID HEY GUESS WHAT,IM HALFWAY AND ILL GRIN BIGGG AND TURN AROUND AND WALK AWAY(((MMM IM CRAZY HAHA))) AND THE PEOPLE WOULD STARE AT ME WONDERING WHO THE HELL I WAS LMAO I MISS BEING PREGNANT(NOW IM REALY CRAZY).IM VERY HAPPY U AND BUBBA ARE DOING WELL AND IM SURE WHEN U SEE HER ON THE U/.S AGAIN ULL BE AMAZED AT HOW MUCH SHE OR HE HAHA HAVE GROWN.MMM PLEASE KEEP US UPDATED.***HUGS** LIZETTE Savvy
- Monday, 30 Mar Congrats my dear, God bless u and ur little one. I am counting down to week 25 myself. It is funny the things that we celebrate and others takes for granted. Keep on being happy. :) minkymoo78
- Monday, 30 Mar Ahhh how exciting to be past 20 weeks. What time is your scan on Wednesday? We always end up having our appointments on the same days don't we. I have my 16 week appointment with the midwife Wednesday at 10:30am. Fingers crossed everything is great with the pair of us! Are you going to tell everyone the name you've picked before she's born? Email me, I'm bored at work today. xxx jessicanewmom2be
- Monday, 30 Mar lol ur soo cute! yay ur half way hun! I rember getting there is such a relief u just feel this weight lifted off ur shoulders! I have the same pain too lower back and bottem pain if u mean bottem as butt cheek thats what I have its like Im walking than outta no where someone stabs me in the bum! so Im off to yet another fun filled apointment today! yay its weird too because the last coulple days I have not at all be feeling well I never had much nausea in my pregnancy and well the last couple days I smell things and I wanna throw up its weird anyways I will have too let u know how it goes when I get back Im almost 27 weeks , and ok I admit now Im scared too hell! anywho got to shower and get ready lots of love and congrats on being 20 weeks how good does it feel to make it where u never have before I know with me it felt like I had been touched by something amazing from a differant world , so much happyiness
Lots of love
- Monday, 30 Mar Hey Rach,
20 weeks!! Wow thats so cool :-)
Am really happy it's going well.
Good luck on weds, can't wait to hear what you are having and that everythings ok xxx xDanielleHxx
- Monday, 30 Mar aww thats great rach am glad everythin is turnin out fine u derserve it, bet u cant wait 2 c baba on weds good luck! xxx