Write a new blog
|20-7-2009 - 36 Weeks and 2 days, Midwife app
||My mood while writing this blog:|
I hope you are all doing well.
I am doing good. ONLY this week left at work. OMG, I cannot tell you how much I want to finish now!! I am finding it sooooooo tiring. I just hope this week does not drag. More exciting, ONLY 3 weeks and 5 days until Emily-Rose is due!!!! I AM MEGA EXCITED ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!YYYYYYYYYYEEEEHHHHAAA!
I had a good long weekend, on Friday I had the day off of work. We went to watch the graduation ceremony for my SIL, then went out for a meal. It was a really lovely day, all the family was so proud of my SIL. I was so tired by the time we got home and my SPD was being a bitch! We dont have anymore plans for weekends now so I can relax!!! yippeeee!! although Steve and I will probably go out for dinner this weekend, somewhere different as we are aware we will not be able to go off on a whim soon!
Saturday, Steve and I went to have a look at a Land Rover. We took my beloved Audi TT convertible with us and managed to do a deal!! We are swapping the Audi for the Land Rover and getting some cash back :) I have to go pick up the new car tomorrow (Steve is away on business). I am going to be so sad to see my beautiful car go, but it only has two seats so there not an option to keep it!!! I am pleased with the 4x4, it has five doors so I will be able to get Emily in and out ok and as its high, I wont have to bend to get her in and out of her seat. There is also plenty of room for the pram (stroller) and Nelson our dog :) so all is good.
Yesterday I was not feeling very well at all. I felt like someone had removed ALL my energy (not just most of it as normal lol). I had a very very sore throat. The thought did cross my mind that I had been sitting in a hall on Friday with 800 people, one of them could have had the dreaded flu. Although, I was more logical than that as the night before I had really bad heartburn - TMI - it was making me sick into my throat which was burning it. So I think the sore throat is due to acid. Today its eased off quite alot, so thats cool. I have also checked my temperature and its normal.
Steve did a couple of the jobs on the list!!!! woohooo!!!! We have an engineer coming out on Thursday to fix the dishwasher and the washer dryer, the quote is around £100 to repair both, which is better than buying new! I have commitment that the other jobs I have given him will be finished in the next week or so :) I think Steve is starting to realise that it IS real and our baby WILL arrive very soon!! lol. He looked at the calendar yesterday, I have marked 37 weeks on there (as its full term) and he said 'My goodness, I never thought we would make it this far'.. To be honest, its still surreal to me sometimes, but I guess I have Emily-Rose reminding alot of the time with her vast movements and painful kicks!! hehe
Just been to the midwife for my 36 week check. All is perfect with blood pressure, urine, heartbeat, movements. I am around 15lbs up on my pre-preggo weight. Emily is 3/5th engaged. However, I am measuring 40 weeks (4 weeks ahead) so there is some concern. Two midwives checked it and both got the same results. I have to go back next Monday for another check, if she is still coming up big I have to go and see my consultant on Wednesday. I dont think they will do anything about it, just keep an eye on me. OMG labour is daunting enough, without knowing your baby is a big one!!!
Take care all,
Rach & Emily-Rose x x
12 Comments on 36 Weeks and 2 days, Midwife appstepheni775
- Friday, 24 Jul They will probably just do a ultrasound and monitor you a couple times a week... I just think she is gonna be a big girl! utopianite
- Tuesday, 21 Jul Sorry that you're not feeling well. Don't worry too much about measuring a month ahead. At the worst they'll send you for another scan and offer an induction if she's looking pretty large. (at least that's what my midwife told me after measuring 36 at my 31 week check).
Good luck to you over the next month!!! byrdi
- Tuesday, 21 Jul can you remind me about your spd? it is a pelvic thing? i am having horrible pain with mine, and it's out of alignment on the right hand side. i was off work today and yesterday with it and have picked up crutches to help but it is sooooo painful! i had noticed a while back that really down low was achy, like in the pelvic floor region, then my back went out yesterday and it's been hell every since! just wondering if there were similarities! my physiotherapist had suggested perhaps getting an si belt, and i thought you had mentioned something like that:)
roberta vicki--mommy of 4
- Monday, 20 Jul Good luck hun! I can't wait to see Emily Rose! chloe no3
- Monday, 20 Jul Hey hun, Dont get on here much now and cant belive you only have 3 weeks left WOW. Lucky you for only gaining 15lbs, i put on 5 stone with both my girls and 4 with my son and i swear i never ate no where near enough to gain that much so i was just really unlucky :-( I really sympathise with you having SPD, i had it and its such a pain. I wouldnt worry to much about emilys size, my little boy was 9lb 14oz and it was not bad at all.Obviously it hurt but my labour was only 6 hours long and im not gonna lie my spd did hurt as his head was coming down but the labour was no where near as bad as i thought it would be considering he was nearly 10lb. Cant wait for that labour blog. take care xxxxx steph mom of 3 beauties x
- Monday, 20 Jul Awww hun soon time to relax hey thank god!! Don't worry too much about measuring ahead as you know with me they always seem to worry us without needing to in the end! I know labour is daunting and i was scared but it turned out soo great and i think that if i got there earlier and had to lie on that bed and feel every pain they would of seemed worse somehow and with there being pain relief readily available there i would have had the lot! And what i tought myself was i didn't need it after all as i just got on with it, I had to and given those circumstances i got on with it and in all honesty now when i think back it wasn't that bad with it being natural as in i wasn't induced i remember the pain from having been induced with Ellie and it was worse! So please take comfort in that cause im a wimp for pain and i hope your labour goes like mine it was ace! You prob think im a nutter now lol!
Anyway poor TT hey making way for a practical Land Rover hey! What made you choose the Landy then? i imagined you having say an Audi A4 or Merc Or BMW maybe dunno why seems a lady like you so stylish type of car i hope you don't mind me saying lol!
YAY! Not long now Til Emily Rose arrives are you all set? Oohhh i cannot wait to see her i'll bet she is sooo cute! x x x LiamParker and Avery* pink *
- Monday, 20 Jul Hey! Glad things are going well... Dont let the big baby idea get to you .. they said that Parker was going to be high 8 maybe 9 lbs and he came out 7lbs 11 oz... sometimes if you have alot of fluid you tend to measure bigger!!! Good luck and congrats supaflychick1982
- Monday, 20 Jul Wow she is going to be a big ole girl lol!! christinesc
- Monday, 20 Jul Wow. Congrats on nearly being finished with work. Did your midwife check to see if you've started dialating yet? My prediction is that Little Miss Emily Rose comes a wee bit early!! I CAN'T WAIT , I know you and Steve can't!! It's THE most exciting time!! xoxo MrsMommy2
- Monday, 20 Jul Glad everything is going great. And congrats on the new car! DH is trying to talk me into trading in one of our cars on a truck. I said we'll see. lol Maybe you'll have her early if your measuring so far ahead? lynsey-3
- Monday, 20 Jul oooohhh not long now!!!! u got ur pram now hun? xxxx minkymoo78
- Monday, 20 Jul Last week of work for you YAY! Are you having a leaving do? Wow, as if you're measuring 4 weeks ahead, do they think she will come early? So glad everything is going good, not long now! xx