Write a new blog
|12-8-2009 - Im going to be pregnant FOREVER!
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Oh ladies, I know I shouldnt be moaning already. Emily isnt even due until Saturday 15th but I have honestly had enough now!!!
I went to the hospital this morning for a glucose test (bit late I think) as they want to check the reason Emily is big isnt due to diabetes. I should get the results in 48 hours or so. I honestly dont think I have an issue.
Then I went to see my consultant. He tried to do a sweep but my cervix is closed too tight to enable him to do it. So, I cant see my baby arriving on time unless things change quickly. I think she is going to be late. I was so convinced she would be here by now, mind you I also thought she was a boy at the beginning so my mummy radar is way off.
Two out of the three girls I am in regular contact with from aquanatal have had their babies, incl. the one who had the same due date as me. I am pleased for them, but jealous!
On top of that, well meaning friends and family keep calling to ask me if she has arrived yet and its really getting me down.
Anyone have any advice on how to get through the next week or so? Sorry if I sound like a miserable bitch x
Thanks, Rach & Emily-Rose x x
34 Comments on Im going to be pregnant FOREVER!Abigails Mommy
- Thursday, 13 Aug Warning!! You're gonna miss the baby belly :-) I'm so excited for you!!! Not long now for sure! jessiet
- Thursday, 13 Aug HI RachI know exactly how you feel... I thought for sure I would have had my bub by now!! It gets annoying knowing you are so close to your due date but can still have like another 10 days after your due date if nothing happens by its self... I am also getting annoyed at people asking me whether I have had the baby or whether I have had contractions... I decided that I am not going to tell anyone at all if I start to get contractions so that they don't keep asking me how they are going.... I am also trying really hard not to think about it much.. of course that is hard but I figure bub will come when bub is ready!!!! mommabell
- Wednesday, 12 Aug well, you won't be pregnant forever, but I know it feels like it! Just read my blogs at the end of my pregnancy, I was pissed! People calling to ask if the baby is here yet is the absolute worst. I am actually guilty, since I sent a message not long ago about if you were pushing her out! SORRY :0) I can't tell you how to feel better about it, just know it won't be forever and plan on her not coming for a while, so then you won't be too disappointed if you go over your due date. She will come I swear! Once you hold your little girl you will know it was all worth the wait. Good luck hon xoxoxox JUDE 4
- Wednesday, 12 Aug I know how you feel. With my first 2 i was 3 days over my 3rd was induced early and my 4th was 10 days over, i was so ready for him to come and i was getting more depressed everyday. Im fully prepared to go over with this 1. Hang in there anything can happen, youve come so far and i know it seems like another week or 2 is to long but its not compared to how far youve come. Vicki--mommy of 4
- Wednesday, 12 Aug The last couple of weeks are the worst hun. Just keep trying to do things to get your mind off it and don't answer the phone (LOL). I'm sorry you're having a rough time of it hun. Just think though, not much longer and she'll be in your arms and it'll all be worth it. Take care hun! Oh, and also, with the first one, you can be at cervix closed sone minute and losing your mucous plug the next. So don't get discouraged she can still come on time or even a day or two early. sarahann
- Wednesday, 12 Aug I can honestly understand how you are feeling, and no one can change the way you're feeling. I had people telling me to make the most of the time before my daughter was born, go out to dinner with hubby, go to the movies, sleep and relax through the day, etc, and to enjoy the time I had left before bubs arrived. I didn't pay attention to any of it, I just wanted her here, but of course once she was born I wish I had've! Also, as sick as I was of being pregnant at the end, not long after she was born I desperately missed being pregnant! All I wanted was to be pregnant again! Odd, but true.... Once you have your little girl in your arms it will feel like these past few weeks didn't even exist. You will get there, I'll be thinking of you x LittleFeet
- Wednesday, 12 Aug When I was pregnant with my son, I woke up every morning in the week before he was due, convinced that I was going to have him that day. It didn't happen. And in fact, when I did go into labour, it caught me by surprise, cause it was the middle of the night. So keep your chin up hon, your time will be here before you know it. And don't worry, I was jealous of all those women who already had their babies too!! mommylove09
- Wednesday, 12 Aug OMG - I don't blame you at all. I have 8 weeks left and can't take much more of this pregnancy and torture at work. My friend just had a baby in June and they thought she would be late, as she had no signs of labor at all. Turns out she delivered 3 days early. There is light at the end of the tunnel! I can't wait til your little Emily is here. You are so close, just hang in there. She will come when she is ready. I say leave a message on your phone saying "no Emily is not here yet, you will know when she is, thanks for checking on me." So then you won't have to answer. Just take some long, slow walks and eat an entire fresh pineapple, some black licorice and pray. katey25
- Wednesday, 12 Aug Turn off the phone, sleep, eat and relax x christinesc
- Wednesday, 12 Aug Awe honey, I'm sorry. I always hated those, You haven't had that baby, yet?" comments. I know you're getting frustrated. I don't know if you like to cook or not, but one thing you could do to keep busy is to go ahead and make several meals that you could put in the freezer. Your time is going to be so limited. It's so convenient to just heat something up. This may not interest you in the least...I'll try to think of more.Hang in there, darl, and you DON'T sound like a bitch! Savvy
- Wednesday, 12 Aug Hi Sweety, she will be here before u know it. I was feeling like that too, and I had her so early. Ur Emily will be here shortly, enjoy ur last few days (if u can), once she gets here, u will not know the diff between night and day and after that u will miss being pregnant. take care honey. one day
- Wednesday, 12 Aug Oh Rach!!! I know you must be sooo anxious to see that lil cutie pie of yours!!! LOL you are entitled to be bitchy! LOL hmmm... what tricks can you do to open your cervix up! haha... walk ... yea yea yea... some "horizontal mamba" lol I can't wait to get your update that Emily is finally here!!! =0) AllyCat62683
- Wednesday, 12 Aug I am there with ya, I thought I'd have my daughter by now since it was baby #2 and here I am 5 days overdue and my cervix is still closed! but mine stayed closed up to 9 days with my son and then opened right up. 40weeks is a long time to be preggo and by the end all we want is our babies and to get our bodies back to normal so I think we have every right to be as cranky as we want! Good luck and hope you see some signs soon. lailamccarthy
- Wednesday, 12 Aug aaaww hun I know how you feel. sorry to read you are not feeling ok, You must be all sore and tired :( but be patience. Docs say that first time baby's are usually overdue...Including mine. I was 41 weeks when he was born. I hope you don't go that much longer. because the last days feel so looong and you just want to cry :(ok, hun I'll let you go...I promise I won't ask :PI know how it feels x( minkymoo78
- Wednesday, 12 Aug Whoops, I was one of the well meaning friends that text you! Sorry I'll leave you alone now. xx debsandgrace
- Wednesday, 12 Aug Oh babe i feel for you but she will come out soon. I was 4cm dilalated when they gave me a sewwp yet i still needed to be induced so dont worried about being closed shut! Try lots of sex but i've been told that you need to try to keep the sperm in as long as poss, so back to the days when you were trying for baby Emily, Legs up lol! Lots of walking too. Hope you get luckier than i did DH refused to have sex with me! Once it all starts you will be wishing it didn't. Thinking of you everyday Lots and lots of labour dust to you***** jen
- Wednesday, 12 Aug You don't sound anything like a bitch!! LOL! You sound like a mommy that wants to hold her baby! All I can say is do what you can to naturally induce labor...walk a lot!! Have sex a lot!! She'll be here soon mommy, don't worry! shawshoo
- Wednesday, 12 Aug You don't sound like a miserable bitch, just a mommy that is ready to meet their baby!! Plus I can only imagine how uncomfortable you are getting! I hope she comes soon. katie-g
- Wednesday, 12 Aug lol rach you want be preg forever i promise lol keep your self on your feet has much has u can help bbay go down eat lot sof curry baths and walking try a bump ride in the car try driving to bristol lol only joking lol come on emily you know u want 2 take care hun ladylocks02
- Wednesday, 12 Aug oh hunny dpnt be down, i so remember that feeling tell yr friends and family politely that although u appreciate there concerns u dont need it right now and u will call wen emily-rose is here. My boss called me every fday after i left sayin "is she here yet" lol it drove me insane and everyone on here or around me was having babies whilst tilly was all snug as a bug! try to keep busy babe big kisses xx MummytoHarrison
- Wednesday, 12 Aug She'll be here soon - obviously you are a cosy place to be!!!!! Not being a mummy yet, I can't relate to how you are feeling but just take it easy and try to get some rest - soon you'll be wondering what it is like to sleep again!!!!!! chloe no3
- Wednesday, 12 Aug Hi rach, bless ya i know that feeling oh so well.I had a sweep at 39 weeks and was 3 cm dilated then had another at 41 weeks and still went 11 days over with my little man so dont be to gutted about your cervix being shut cuz mine was open and nothing happened till they broke my waters 11 days over. I know its sooooooo annoying but they really do come when they are ready and not before. To keep you occcupied just keep trying all the old myths, they may not work but they do take a bit of time away. I used to sit on IAP all day bouncing on my excercise ball and my midwife said it helped soften my cervix so you could give that a try. Apart from that good luck and cant wait for your blog of emily -Rose is here xxxxx trinity
- Wednesday, 12 Aug I was late with one of my babies and yes this can change quick especially if your water breaks. I have had 2 of my babies within 2hrs after my water broke being no more then 2cm. But as you will soon find out that you will most likely miss your bump once she is here. Miss the kicks. So try to enjoy the next week as best you can. Keep you in my prayers for a fast and safe delivery. reila
- Wednesday, 12 Aug It was pretty annoying when people asked if my son was born yet. My advice is if you are able to plan date nights with the hubby, get a makeover, get your hair fixed. Go walking. Get some relaxation. Read up on some books. Point is get your mind as far as you can. (I know thats really hard) but believe me its great to go ahead and spend time as just you and as you and hubby before your beautiful addition makes her way into this world. steph mom of 3 beauties x
- Wednesday, 12 Aug Oh Rach me darling you don't sound like a bitch at alli was exactly the same i think we all are towards the end!! And how we get through it is beyond me i was such a nasty cat towards Mo looool! Im suprised he didn't run off looool! I think it because your sooo done being pregnant and wished there was a way to get things going so there's a light at the end of the tunnel and you get to meet this beautiful baby inside of you!Hang in there hun, yeah people well meaning ones do feel the need to constantly check in on you to see how things are going and tend to do your head in abit but they're harmless really and don't mean to do yer head in bless! Ooohh com on Emily Rose!! Im feeling your frustration!! I was 6 days over and if it wasn't for those sweeps i would have go to 2 weeks over i'll bet!! and i would of been evil!!!! I dunno how to say to try and carry on and take your mind off it and it will happen because you sound just like me and without a jump start these babas like too keep us waiting and i was soo glad my cervix was favourable at the time being already 2cms dialated for her to do the sweep otherwise i would of gone stir crazy and that was 4 days overdue at the first sweep but i think its because they say once you have had a baby your cervix never fully closes again! Wether that means i was always open 2cm's or 1cm i'll never know eeewww sounds gross looool! Anyway sending you my love hopefully something will happen soon!! You remember me kinda the last week or two asking for advise on getting the labour going well nothing worked apart from the sweep as that first one instantly started me loosing my plug and little niggles and the next day i leaked some of my waters! then when i got checked at the hospital after my waters started to pop she did another sweep and hey presto the pains got more intence thru the night and i was being woke by every contraction but kept thinking its not bad enough yet and stayed at home until i needed to poo with every contraction that was getting between 3-5 mins apart looool! So when i got to the hospital as you prob remember i was 9and a half cm's and ready to go to my amazement! SO i think those sweeps are the way to go and my midwife didn't wanna do one at first as she said you have to be 12 days overdue!! eekk! But when i said my consutlant had requseted you do one she did it silly woman!! Oh hun all the best sorry this is soooo long and probley boring love and hugs Steph x x x x Donna (Blue)
- Wednesday, 12 Aug I know how you feel hunni all my children were late. my ronan was 2 weeks late Leiah was 2 days late and Kody was 5 days late. Its worth the wait thou.All i can say is take everyday has it comes and enjoy it cause i miss being pregnant allready. MamaRancourt
- Wednesday, 12 Aug You had me giggle when I went to my page and saw the title of your blog-- I assure you... you wont be pregnant forever, LOL! Although it's got to feel like it, especially we all thought she might be early. It's got to start getting annoying people calling, writing, and asking if she's here yet. I bet you feel like saying; ummm, have you heard any news... it's not like you've had your baby and didn't tell anyone! Hang in there, sounds like she's testing Mommy's patients already and I have a feeling she will be here NEXT weekend... andriette and christians mummy liz
- Wednesday, 12 Aug Awww hunni i know how it feels,well i was induced at 38 weeks but it still felt like i was never gonna deliver.But it when she 's here it all goes so fast,i just checked Andriettes widget timer and it said she 's 7 months old,oh my,u could imagine my amazement.She will only be 7 months the 19th coz i go by the day she's born but still,she's got 2 teeth,has a little attitude lmao,is walking in her walker and sitting unassisted.It's realy amazing,experiencieng the birth,seeing milestones come and go and them one day going to school,marry and having babies of their own,u will also be saying "hunni,u wont be pregnant forever".***HUGS***:-D utopianite
- Wednesday, 12 Aug You poor thing. It's really tough when the people around you with your due date start giving birth. It won't be much longer though because at the absolute worst you'll be induced in 2 weeks or so, and by then you'll have the biggest healthiest baby of anybody! I've heard of people going into labor within 24 hours of being checked and not dilated at all. In fact, with it being your first baby, you don't need to worry about not being dilated before you go into labor. Hang in there just a little longer! :-) MrsStrickland74
- Wednesday, 12 Aug Aww! You can always look at the positive side. You have made such a good home for her she just doesn't want to leave. But hopefully soon she will! cheyni
- Wednesday, 12 Aug I totally understand how your feeling, i still have 5.5 weeks to go but imj hoping she comes early as im in so much pain now with the SPD, carpel tunnel and leg cramps.. I dont think i can handle another 6 weeks.. I'll keep my fingers crossed Emily Rose decideds to make an appearance soon xx fruitful
- Wednesday, 12 Aug I guess, they say that nature made us to get fed up at around this point so that we will be willing to go through ANYTHING to get that baby out. Otherwise, we wouldn't be willing to bear the pain and would probably say, "just let her remain inside, I can't handle this labor". ♥ I hope that helped some:smile betty
- Wednesday, 12 Aug No you aren't miserable bitch. You are a mum who wants her baby so badly to arrive. Just wait she will be on your arms .... take care. mummyyumyum
- Wednesday, 12 Aug Aww huni trust me I know how you feel and yes the last stretch is always frustrating because it seems so close yet so far. I was overdue and did all sorts to try and get labour going....but believe me when it finally did start I was thinking OMG why did I do this lol. Also dont worry too much about the sweep hun, I had one on a Friday and Lucy didnt arrive until the following Wednesday, so I dont think it did much to help. I hope hun that you dont have to wait too much longer. xxx