Write a new blog
|14-9-2009 - 3 weeks & 3 days
||My mood while writing this blog:|
In a spin!
OMG!!! I still have no routine or organisation going on! lol *there are a couple of new pics on my page*
I hope you are all doing great.
Things are going well here. I am finding motherhood a challenge but I am loving every moment. The main issue I have is finding time to do anything other than look after Emily-Rose. In the short times I have whilst she is asleep I am either getting a shower, grabbing a quick snack or trying to catch up with the mounds of washing I have to do. I am sure this will settle down once Emily can entertain herself a bit more, she is starting to do that. She doesnt cry immediately she wakes anymore and she goes down in her moses basket still awake and drops off to sleep. She spends quite alot of the day awake so its good news I can leave her for a bit.
She is changing quickly! The health visitor weighed her on 4th Sept, she was 9lbs and 13oz, then again on 10th Sept and Emily was up to 10lbs and 9.5oz. I am really pleased with this as I am breastfeeding most of the time now, you are never really sure how much they are actually getting. The midwife and health visitor are both really pleased.
Another change I have noticed is that I can now see that Emilys eyes are focusing. I can see that there is recognition when she looks at me. I know you will probably tell me it is wind, but she has smiled a couple of times. They have been very well timed if they are not real smiles and they have been at times when she hasnt seemed to have wind. Either way, her smile melts my heart she is soooooo gorgeous!
My youngest sister came down to visit on Thursday, we popped up to see a friend who lives about 30 miles from me. She has a little girl who is 11 months. It was lovely. Then on Saturday we took my sister back home and visited my parents, brothers, other sister, Steves parents, sister, grandma and aunt and uncle. Poor Emily got passed around from person to person. She took it ok though. Emily also met her cousins Charlotte and Kaylea, which was great. My sisters little girl Kaylea born in June looks HUGE compared to Emily lol.
Steve is back at work now, so during the week I get up to change nappies (diapers) and feeds but at the weekend Steve helps with the changes and passes Emily to me for feeds. We have discovered that if we top up with formula for the last night feed (about 1am) we can get around 5 hours sleep. It doesnt work everytime but when it does, its heaven!!! I never thought I would find 5 hours sleep a good thing! haha
So thats it from me. I think over the next couple of weeks I should be able to get on line a bit more. I know I shouldnt wish time away, but I cannot WAIT for the beginning of October, I can finally start driving again. I am stuck in here all day, its horrid. Although, one of my friends I met at aquanatal is coming to pick me up on Wednesday, we are going for a cup of tea and some cake with the other mummies we met. That will be lovely!!
Take care all, Rach & Emily-Rose x x
HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO MINKYMOO!!!! I wont spill the beans on her baby as its her news, I just wanted to pass on my congrats hun, I am so so pleased for you and Steve. I know what Baby H means to you, enjoy every moment x x x
17 Comments on 3 weeks & 3 daysutopianite
- Friday, 18 Sep Wow, she's growing really fast! :-) I would love to write more, but my little one just started fussing. I can't seem the time to do much of anything lately either. I'm glad the breastfeeding is going well for you. :-) *Lily-Hope-and-Teddys-Mummy*
- Thursday, 17 Sep hi hun just wanted to say well done on the persevering with the breastfeeding. u r doing amazing and every day u feed makes a difference to lovely little emily-rose. (btw i just love her name!) just remember to give yourself the credit u deserve. U have had a tough time and I think u are amazing! well done again and keep it up honey!!! xxxx kelleybelley
- Tuesday, 15 Sep she is growing fast on your milk, hope my girl does the same! HelenP
- Monday, 14 Sep hey rach glad all is going well, hayley is 6 weeks now and we have a routine (mostly) and i have more time to myself now!!! it certainly gets easier!! shes such a cutie your little girl! And i am offically able to drive from today!!!! YAH , I wont know myself being able to drive myself around finally. Hope your scar is healing nicely, it takes a while to feel fully recovered from it, i still get sore by my scar if i do too much lifting!! I do formula at nite as well and once through the day when hayley goes down for her afternoon sleep, find shes more settled!!Better go now, I can hear my little girl!!hugs to you both xx Abigails Mommy
- Monday, 14 Sep All I can say Rach is.... Isn't motherhood the best thing ever? Don't rush the baby stage as it goes by so fast already but every day is a new, great and fun adventure. vicki--mommy of 4
- Monday, 14 Sep I'm so happy you and Emily are doing well. She is an absolute beauty! Just wait the routine will come then something like work will come along and you have to start all over LOL. Seriously sometimes schedules are overrated. Enjoy your time with her and just let everything else work it's way out. Take care hun! Hugs and kisses to Emily Rose. lilly10
- Monday, 14 Sep Hi HunGreat to hear from you ...im so pleased that Emily-Rose is doing so well,the routine will come in time and then you will have a little more time on your hands.Big hugs sweety xxxx katekins
- Monday, 14 Sep Ah you sound like your doing great hun, and such a good weight gain for breast feeding, well done you! I'm hoping to breast feed too when it's my turn to do all this and i hope i get such a good result! I'm so jealous wishing my time away, lol! I know i shouldn't! Emily - Rose looks so cute in the pics too! christinesc
- Monday, 14 Sep Being a parent is the hardest job you'll EVER have but BY FAR the best!! It sound like everything is going great. And about the smiles...I bet they are genuine! My little girl gave us her first smile on Valentine's day and she was born Jan. 22nd. So she was about 3 and a half weeks. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I tear up just thinking about it. Emily-Rose is just gorgeous and she's lucky to have you as her mommy! xoxo trinity
- Monday, 14 Sep glad to hear all is going well. time goes to fast whether or not you wish it away. lol motherhood is the best. i am glad you are enjoying it. sarahann
- Monday, 14 Sep It sounds like you've settled into your role quite nicely! Emily is just gorgeous and I'm so happy for you. One of the things I loved most about my daughter when she was a newborn was her smell. I would forever be putting my face against her neck/head and just smelling her. Two years later I still remember her smell. Enjoy every little thing about her and best wishes. MRSSMITH600
- Monday, 14 Sep Good to hear from you Rach x Sounds like your doing really well. The pictures of Emily are adorable she is sooooooo cute you and steve must be s proud x Look forward to hearing from you again soon x MummytoHarrison
- Monday, 14 Sep Glad you are all well and that Emily-Rose is growing so nicely. Katey25
- Monday, 14 Sep Glad everything is going great for you hun! xx MrsStrickland74
- Monday, 14 Sep I am so glad everything is going well! Tell Helen to please announce it soon!!! I have been checking in all weekend to see how she is doing! I am so excited for her. steph mom of 3 beauties x
- Monday, 14 Sep Awww Rach im soo pleased that life is great for you with beautiful Emily rose! Her weight is coming on terrific! What a little star! Sometimes they say that breast fed babies can be a little slower at putting on weight as its not as sugary as the formula i was told and also you cannot tell how much they are getting! But she sounds fab and you are doing great by the sounds of it hun! I know it must be horrible being stuck in all the time, Thats why i didn't want a c-section (i know you cannot always choose) but it would of been a nightmare for me too because of getting Elisha to school everyday it would be ok at first when Mo was off for 2 weeks but then i'd be stuffed there's no-one i can ask and we live to far from the school for us to walk etc... it would of been 2 buses arrggh! That would'nt have suited with a baby too but i guess people do have to get on with it im just spoiled with a car lol! take care lots of love steph xxxxxx mmyof3angels
- Monday, 14 Sep I am so happy to hear that you and Emily Rose are doing wonderful!! The routine will come soon!! I am sooo happy to hear about Minkymoo....cant wait for her to announce it!! LOL! XOXO