Write a new blog
|07-8-2010 - Very strange & mixed up
||My mood while writing this blog:|
I hope you are well.
I am currently sat in our tent :-) we decided to go camping for the weekend. At the moment - Steve, Emily-Rose and the dog Nelson are all asleep. So I thought I would catch up with my messages on here.
My scan is 3 days away, I must say I am feeling very calm about it - In fact I am so busy I barely get time to think about it, only in quiet times like these when my family are sleeping. I feel so 'unpregnant' I really forget about it most of the time, so does Steve we went to a pub earlier and he said do you just want a diet coke or something stronger? I looked at him and said 'I cant have alcohol, can I?' he said 'oh yeah, sorry I forgot!!' lol
I will be completely honest with you, I will be shocked if this pregnancy is progressing. My body just doesnt seem to be giving me much feedback!!! Apart from VERY annoyingly waking me up a 3am for a pee - NOT fun when you are at the back of the campsite and you have to walk to the toilet block in the dark with wind and rain lashing down!! lol that and the mood swings I have been telling you about, they are still there.
Maybe its that horrible barrier of detachment we put up in the hope any bad news will not be taken so badly if we 'knew something wasnt right' and we didnt get too excited about it anyway. I dunno girls, I am one mixed up lady at the moment. I am sure all will work out for the best, I am also thinking I now have at least 5 friends who have lost their babies in the past couple of weeks, it certainly makes your heart break for them and worry for your own baby :-( but I wont drown in self pity here, I am hopeful that all is well. I must remember my mantra - PMA - positive mental attitude!!
I will give you an update as soon as I can after the scan on Tuesday, my appointment is 12.20pm UK time but I probably wont get seen until at least 1pm so you will hear from me in the afternoon.
Take care all, I hope you are enjoying your weekend x x x
15 Comments on Very strange & mixed upPocahontas
- Tuesday, 10 Aug Oh Rach. I wish I was there close to you to give you a hug and talk to you and just have a cuppa. I am thinking of you today and am there in heart and mind. Oh how I know how you feel. I am hoping with all my heart that you will see a perfect baby there today, with it's HB flickering away. I know it is hard when you feel so unpregnant. Sending you love Rach. Tons of it *hug* - L pol
- Monday, 9 Aug Thinking of you today honey. Can't wait to hear an update xxx ~*miraclex2*~
- Monday, 9 Aug I have to tell you, I think what you are feeling is normal since you have had a heartbreaking past. But, when I had a missed M/C, I was supposed to be 9 weeks, and baby died at 6. I had all the symptoms of a progressing pregnancy. Morning sickness, sore BB's, etc.... Maybe this pregnancy will be a little easier on you is all. Keep the faith dear friend!! ((((HUGS)))) MrsMommy2
- Monday, 9 Aug First off congrats on your pregnancy! I don't get on here much since I had my 2nd little man. Secondly i'm sure everything is fine! I was so paranoid with my last pregnancy because I hardly had any symptoms I didn't get any morning sickness really until the end of the first trimester and I think thats because I stayed on progesterone suppliments longer so I was most likely producing a ton of it by then plus supplimenting. But either way I hardly felt pregnant 90% of the time. Which with my first son I was literally throwing up and just extremely sick even before I got my bfp. So my pregnancy's were completely different but here I sit with 2 extremely healthy little boys. So chin up im sure your little one is doing great! jdubb
- Monday, 9 Aug I am right there with you worried because of the lack of symptoms. I am 6 weeks 3 days and my boobs are sore off and on but other than that I don't feel pregnant either. You got some really good feedback though from people who have been in the same boat as us. Maybe we will be the lucky ones who never even get MS! freespirit
- Sunday, 8 Aug Ahhh hun!!!! I really feel for you and I know exactly what you mean about putting up emotional barriers because you are expecting the worse. I always prepare for the worse and hope for the best and that seems to help a little. I really hope your little bean is sticking and is healthy. Good luck at your scan, I cannot wait to hear all about it!!! PS - Thank you for your blog comment... I don't think she is going to come early!!!! SHe is too comfortable in there at the moment.!!! xxx girlinterrupted
- Sunday, 8 Aug Try not to worry too much hun, I had hardly any symptoms with Logan but loads with Finley...Good luck for tuesday, am looking forward to hearing everything is ok xxx one day
- Saturday, 7 Aug awww try not to worry!! At first I didn't feel anything drastic either... then BOOM it hit me hard! LOL maybe you'll be lucky this pregnancy and not have any ms!! I can't wait to hear about your doctor's visit!!!! Good Luck!!! xoxo katekins
- Saturday, 7 Aug Aww what an awful limbo stage to be in. Im sure it is a defense mechanism your putting in place for yourself. I dont blame you feeling nervous with all these unfortunate and saddening miscarriages that have happened recently. I was only saying to my friend yesterday that im sure glad im not in early stages of pregnancy right now as it would naturally make me worry hearing all this bad news. Perhaps look at it the other way that their have been so many recently that surely it wont happen to you too. As for not feeling pregnant hun, some people go whole pregnancies not knowing they are pregnant. When you know all is well you can feel lucky you have non of the nasties like morning sickness. Good luck at the scan hun, hopefully you'll see that beautiful baby of yours bouncing around in there while its got the room! x x 2LadsAndLilLady!
- Saturday, 7 Aug Your baby is fine,. Im sure its just as you havent had M/S yet and when she kicks in she will be a bitch. Nothing like a bit of M/S to make a pregnancy feel real lol x lisa187
- Saturday, 7 Aug You are a brave woman camping while you are pregnant and with a little one!!!! I am sure everything is ok with the new baby....every pregnancy is different. lilysmomma
- Saturday, 7 Aug Wishing you the best of luck with your scan and family! My thoughts and prayers are with you amy011
- Saturday, 7 Aug Wishing you all the best- hope everything goes ok for you Hun xx Abigails Mommy
- Saturday, 7 Aug We're here for you and love you no matter what Rach but I want to tell you I didn't even know I was preggo with Abigail until about 9 weeks and then I never felt preggo until the belly showed up. Yes I was bloated, but I got that way for AF too.. boobs hurt very badly at about 9 weeks which was the ONLY sign that I had. Each pregnancy is different! I am sending you love and positive vibes that everything is wonderful with your little bean and that in 8 months time you'll have a beautiful or handsome addition to your already gorgeous family. steph mom of 3 beauties x
- Saturday, 7 Aug Hey hun lovely to hear from you! Hope your having a great time, And hope your not having this awful heavy rain were having so not nice, where's the sun?? Ahh i know how you mean i feel un pregnant atm too! im not really sick much now and it seems sometimes that im being sick because im getting used to it and it's becoming the norm, i dunno i suppose it's because im approaching the scan well in 6 days and im scared all won't be ok, it will be ok im sure but im so scared right now, i just wanna get there and see, i want that window into there too and see if he/she is ok, ahh i hate this part before you get the kicks to let you know all's ok! We'll have to keep our chins up hun and keep each other positive about our special days next week! Enjoy the rest of your trip speak soon hun x x x x