Write a new blog
|24-1-2011 - Adoption
||My mood while writing this blog:|
So my husband and I have officially discussed and agreed to sit in on a telephone conference call to get more information on the adoption process. We are also checking into being a foster family as the adoption process can take quite some time.
The adoption conference seminar will take place this Thursday at 7pm EST. I am very excited but scared at the same time. But we are looking forward to getting better educated as far as agencies and lawyers are concerned as well as the difference between the types of adoption.
We have also researched the Department of Children and Families with the state. Their website provided some information on fostering a child. We have to go thru what they call a licensing process. This is a nine week training class (three hours each), a home evaluation, reference checks, criminal history check and life safely home inpection. They say this can usually be done within five month. My only reservation on fostering is that it's temporary and mostly considered short term. The goal is to have the child return to their family within several months. It is not usual for a foster child to be adopted however, there may be a few cases that end up this way.
I will update after the call this week.
11 Comments on Adoptionasha2
- Friday, 11 Feb Good luck to you with whatever you decide to do :) jenbo
- Wednesday, 2 Feb Not sure if you've been following my blogs but I took the fostering route and now I have my soon-to-be-adopted son in my front-pack-baby carrier right now as I type! There are many paths, feel free to talk to me anytime about it, DH And I explored ALL the adoption options. It can be overwhelming, but you will choose what is the right fit for you!!!! The best advice I ever got about Adoption, and it took me a long time to truly believe, is, "Adoption WILL ALWAYS lead to a child." drod
- Friday, 28 Jan All the best to you. I Just ran into a former co-worker who was planning on adopting a child for China. She now has a beautiful bundle that she adopted right here. I think time is the main thing. momto4 littleangelsnlovinit
- Wednesday, 26 Jan good luck hun. fdstripled
- Tuesday, 25 Jan I am glad you are keeping your options open.Keep us updated on how it goes.I am happy for you. babybump82
- Tuesday, 25 Jan Thats great news. Good luck with the seminar xxx lila2cute:-)
- Monday, 24 Jan Good luck, I'm happy for you both.... Hughs amy011
- Monday, 24 Jan You're taking really positive steps and hopefully everything will become clearer for you soon. Wishing you the best of luck! x redbeamer
- Monday, 24 Jan Good Luck and keep me updated on what what said... This has been a very long and rough journey for you, but there is light at the end of the tunnel...GOD BLESS res
- Monday, 24 Jan Good luck with everything! Keep us updated. Vicki-mommy of 4
- Monday, 24 Jan I pray that everything goes well for you hun! I know it's been a long hard road! Take care and keep us updated!