Write a new blog
|12-6-2009 - help, any advice???
||My mood while writing this blog:|
happy and a little stressed
okay… i have great news but it also comes with some worries and concerns. so, my parents have been house hunting for a long time. there are 2 adults and 4 kids (one more on the way) in a 3 bedroom 1 ½ bath, 1300+ sq. ft. house. they live in a townhouse and it’s really nice but it’s just too small for their family now. so, anyways they are planning on buying a house and then my husband and i would rent their place from them. their house is way bigger than our one bedroom 550 sq. ft. apartment! so, i’ve been super excited to move. well, like i explained in my last blog, money has been kinda tight. our bills are being paid but we’re struggling. well, my parents found an awesome house over 2,100 sq. ft. with a 1/3 acre yard and it’s in a really good neighborhood! exactly what they need and an answer to their prayers. they just found out yesterday that their offer was accepted and the contract is ready to be signed!! yay we get to move and so do my parents. well, here is the problem… our lease isnot up yet with our apartment so we’d have to pay a big fee to cancel it (around $1100) on top of the regular rent! then, pay first month’s rent for my parent’s place. anyways, i don’t know how we are going to do it. we might need to borrow some money but i dunno from who or where. it would be just to tide us over during this move… any suggestions?? i really want to move and we need the extra space. and my parents can’t move unless we rent from them. help!
6 Comments on help, any advice???kabrlu
- Saturday, 13 Jun I'd ask your parents to waive the first months rent (if they can) given that you have to cancel a lease. In the very least it would take them 30 days to rent their place or sell it. With getting a new house they may not have the money to pay for both either but they may be able to help some or have some ideas as to what can be done. Best wishes to you! mamalvs4
- Friday, 12 Jun have you talked to the apartments, maybe if explained the situation to them, being that you are pregnant and obviously need more space, or lie to them and tell them your husband got transfered to a diffrent city. promise to leave it in perfect condition, paint, clean whatever it takes would be cheaper than getting out early and paying that fine. good luck andy21
- Friday, 12 Jun the lease isn't up til September 11th and my parents are moving into the new house July 3rd!!! 1 day at a time
- Friday, 12 Jun I might have to agree with her on this one....You might just have to leave where your at. yea it might mess up your credit but you can always go back and pay it later on when you can actually afford to pay it. That is a lot of money to come up with in such a short time. My fiance and I got approved to rent a house but they wanted 1300 in a weeks time! There was no way! So we had to let that offer go. morgn
- Friday, 12 Jun How much longer till your lease is up? Mandy-N-Eoins-Peanut
- Friday, 12 Jun Be total pigs and get yourselves thrown out of your flat hahaha. Failing that, I really don't know what you can do. Sorry xx