Write a new blog
|22-7-2009 - Overwhelmed
||My mood while writing this blog:|
So I went to babies r us today to finish registering for my shower. Needless to say I got totally overwhelmed almost to the point of tears. I know nothing about anything i've realized. I didn't know how many bottles to put on the list or what kind, or that i need a bottle rack and heater? I couldn't even figure out if I was suppose to put toys on the list. I know once he is older for course but as a new born? I just realized that I have no idea about anything. I was only thinking of the big stuff like he pack n' play. I have no idea what crib nettting is, or difference between matress pads and mattress covers. And how many sheets should I put on the list? It was just alot to take in all by myself. I called my fiance at work and he was understand, but how could he really know what it feels like to be standing inthe middle of all the stuff alone and 6 monthes preg. Is anyone else feeling this way? I just can't believe I felt as stupid as i did. Do I buy a high chair now? Do we wait? ugh, so much to think about.
5 Comments on Overwhelmedari08(ariana)
- Thursday, 23 Jul thanks guys. YeahI had the list they gave, but I still felt over whelmed. Guess I should just go with someone else so I don't feel so alone or something.:) Thanks for the kind words tho. I'm really glad I found this site. baby bake oven
- Thursday, 23 Jul Aww! Relax, it's all going to be okay! Have you gone online to Babies R Us? They have an incredible registry cehcklist on their website that helped me immensely! I was feeling extremely overwhelmed too. Just check it out and see what they have on there that you didn't even think of yet. They also list good starting quantities for items too! loving-wife-and-mother-of3
- Thursday, 23 Jul lol you are deff a first time mom i went through the same thing when i had my first. Youll get through it BabySaunders
- Wednesday, 22 Jul Awww sweetie I'm so sorry. I'm registering at Target and they have a suggestion list for the baby shower. I didn't even go in the store because it's so disorganized and I feel overwhelmed. Maybe if you just went online it would be less stressful and you could add as you feel necessary. Some days I get a stick up my butt and remember something that I'd like or need. Or I see something in a magazine/online/tv that I really like. It'll all be ok. Besides, a lot of people won't even LOOK at you're registry. They'll just buy you whatever they want lol. But ya....going in there alone can be daunting. Don't give up! happyforest
- Wednesday, 22 Jul get ONE bottle of a couple different kinds, that way you can figure out which is the best for your baby. if you buy a lot of one kind and then your baby doesnt like them, you will have to get all new ones, thats the best advicei have!