Write a new blog
|22-11-2010 - Thinking about changing Sirine's name...
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Yep you read it right! I'm having what is called Namer's Remorse. I feel like the name doesn't suit her, I always call her by her nicknames which are Sena or Sisty, I rarely actually use her name. When people ask me her name I hesitate, it's like I forget what it is for a second. I had to name her by the 7th day in our religion so I really felt rushed. During my pregnancy I liked Serena and Sirine but when she was born it just didn't click :s I thought of other names but couldn't think of anything I liked so I guess I settled for Sirine. I just looked online and found that it is possible to change her name if she is under 12 months old but I'm not entirely sure if I should because I'm worried I might regret it. The thought of it makes me kinda sad because that is HER name ugh I'm so confused lol. What do you guys think?
In response: So I'm going to stick with the name Sirine :) I have been calling her Sirine instead of her nicknames and now it has finally clicked! I couldn't imagine naming her anything else really. I love my lil Siriny lol Oh and to people who asked how you say her name it is pronounced the same as the word Serene :) That's for all your help you guys actually made me change my mind :)
13 Comments on Thinking about changing Sirine's name...♥Heather♥
- Saturday, 4 Dec Im so glad you stuck with your first choice its beautiful and suits her. i think some names just take a little time for them to grow into their name... steph mom of 3 beauties x
- Saturday, 4 Dec awww i am so pleased your not changing her name it really suits her and is unique! i adore it! xxx ryry ~pink~
- Saturday, 4 Dec Awesome! katekins
- Tuesday, 23 Nov I think if you change it now you will always think well when she was born this wasnt your name. Is it ok with your religion to change it? Id suggest keeping it as her formal name and using her nicknames or her middle name if your more happy with it. My grandad was called Harold but everyone called him Jim. People didnt even know he was called Harold! My cousin is called Ellen but she is known as Elli. Shes 10 now and says she likes having a grown up name too as Ellie is for kids and Ellen is grown up lol! Im officially a Katie but never call myself that even on formal documents im a Kate. Whats in a name? As long as you dont hate it there are ways around it. I think its a beautiful name personally x x proudmommyof3♥
- Monday, 22 Nov How exactly do you pronounce her name? If it's how I think it's pronounced it's very pretty but I know what you mean, I had a bit of remorse with Ethan's middle name, I was always second guessing giving him 2 E names (Ethan Evan) but it's grew on me since. ryry ~pink~
- Monday, 22 Nov Whenever I read it, I always pronounce it "Sir-een" but then I always remembered that you were thinking about Serena, and I could never tell if it was just a spelling or a pronunciation thing. I never bothered to ask because I figured I'd never have to say it out loud lol! Anyway, it could be helpful to know that most people who first read her name will probably read it like I do, and if it's not actually pronounced that way, you could be dealing with that your whole lives. A lot of people think Tor's name is pronounced Thor, and that bothers me. Anyway, I love the name no matter how you pronounce it because it means calm, and I think that's an amazing aspiration in today's stressful world! However, I kind of agree that it probably wouldn't be that big of a deal to pick a new name that you absolutely love and think fits her and make Sirine her middle name. But, ultimately it's up to you. She's not gonna remember these first three months, and it's not going to confuse her, so really this is the time to do it! ♥Heather♥
- Monday, 22 Nov I really think it suits her and you will grow into it most probably. But you do need to be happy with it as well, easier to change her name as an infant but once she understands her name it would be loads harder xo Eloiseandharrys-mummy!
- Monday, 22 Nov i was like this with harry for months. i was so rushed into it, everyone was putting preasure on me to name him right there and then. when ever someone asked his name i would say harry john-charles hammond. which sounded great. then one day at the doctors i was asked his name i said hammond and they go first i went harry hammond. my heart sank from then on i had panic attacks about his name people picking on him or that i just picked the wrong one but they stopped and i actuaally love the name, my sisters always said its a stars name and eloise is a name for some one whos going to go far in business. etc and harry had that kind of character and eloise is so intellegent at times it scares me, mainly because im not ahaha. i think do whats best for you. if you can still change it in a months time i would leave it till then just to make sure you are sure and that you have the right new name :) lisa187
- Monday, 22 Nov How is Sirine pronounced? Is it just like Serena? Have you thought of any other names you like? Maybe you could give her a new name and and make her middle name Sirine. That way she could still be called that occasionally. the orlandos
- Monday, 22 Nov I would just go with your gut instinct and not what other people say. If you know for sure you want to change it and what to - then go for it Momma. If you aren't sure then I would give it a little while. *mommy*ashley*of*2*little*ones
- Monday, 22 Nov o man!! lol well i dont know, i know alot of ppl tho that there name is not wut ever one calls them, i think why not keep it her name and just keep calling her Sena or Sisty, my doughter name is jazzmira but we alwway say jazz or jazzy, somtime ppl ask her name i say it jazzmira but we call her jazz/jazzy, its up to u hun wutever u feel but i like her name and just stick to the nick names and o i know a fre ppl that go by there middle name like there is guy i went to school with named scotty and then when we were in like 10th grade he was like u know my real name is Jeffery everyone was like wut no way ur so a scotty lol, ull prob end up loving it u just like her nick names better!!! but ur the mama do wut u think is best!! xoxoxo Baby Bliss
- Monday, 22 Nov Hmm very intesting..I always wondered if I would regret my children's names or worse if they hated them but hasnt really happened. I personally love the name sirine so i wouldnt think twice. I guess just as you said its a matter of the name fitting the child. IDk Im probably no help in this area because I am so stuck on her name. :) mll28
- Monday, 22 Nov I love the name Sirine but if you think it doesn't suit her then that's your choice! You are with her all the time and know who she is :) I personally agree people definitely suit there names and when I hear a name for someone that I don't think suits them I have a hard time remembering it.