Write a new blog
|04-7-2010 - 25 weeks
||My mood while writing this blog:|
Hi ladies! Happy Independence Day to my American friends.
25 weeks yesterday, yay!
My fetal fibronectin test was negative this past week. Doctor said since rest helps, rest is what I should be doing! She offered to write me out of work, but I said let's give it a bit longer with me just reducing my activity (I don't get maternity leave as it is).
The week's gone pretty well. I still get the tightness in my belly when I'm at work, but no regular contractions to speak of and I didn't have any bad cramping this week (other than for about 10 minutes last night). My little man really moves around when I am at rest and that just never gets old. LOVE just sitting and feeling him kick away. I am really going to miss that when he arrives.
I have decided I am going to make every effort to enjoy this pregnancy from here on out. My doctor came in all excited and said "24 weeks!" and then I launched into all of my questions and worries and I realized later that I never really shared that "24 weeks!" moment with my doctor. I don't want to be so negative and worried all the time. Every woman should get to enjoy being pregnant and creating her little bundle of joy!
DH is getting someone lined up to do our hardwood floors upstairs so we can do the nursery. I've been looking at bedding sets online and nothing has reached out at me, probably because I'm not a really big fan of the blue/brown color schemes that are so popular for boys, but I will keep looking!
Sometimes it feels so close like we have very little time to prepare and sometimes it still seems like forever until he will be here.
Hope everyone's having a great weekend.
9 Comments on 25 weeksmiraclebaby86
- Wednesday, 7 Jul I am glad to hear that you are going to try and worry a little less. I know thats hard. Congrats on 25 weeks my due date is October 15 so we are about the same! blessedbeyondbelief
- Tuesday, 6 Jul Praying for you! Abigails Mommy
- Tuesday, 6 Jul Sounds like things are better :-) Woohoo for 25 weeks! yvonneshope
- Monday, 5 Jul It's always good to hear from you Becky!! And very good to hear from you with good news;-). I know it is easy to dwell on the worries, as the more we know, the more we worry about! And with it taking us so long to conceive, we hear and learn ALOT! SO WITH YOU! I have my u/s next week and then after that, I am promising myself not to worry anymore, lol! You and I should make a pact (sp?). Enjoy your week sweetie, and I hope you're sleeping better! roosa
- Monday, 5 Jul I am so glad things are still going well for you and baby! I know this is a long hard pregnancy for you, but I am glad you want to try and enjoy it more from here on. Love and prayers coming your way. Karin freespirit
- Monday, 5 Jul It seems to be going so quick for you hun! Glad all is well xx res
- Sunday, 4 Jul Sit back and enjoy . Things only get better from here. one day
- Sunday, 4 Jul YAY 25weeks!!!!!!! I'm right behind ya girl! LOL those kicks are the best! I feel the same way!!! But I am sure we are more excited to hold our lil ones and kiss them a million times the first day! LOL I have been looking around for bedding as well! Ugh I feel you!!! Did you check out JCPenny they have some cute ones... I only looked at the girls though. Buybuy baby seems ok too... didn't really look too much though. What color schemes are you looking for? I'll keep my eyes open for ya!! =0) military~mommy
- Sunday, 4 Jul YAY for viability! And I vote you take a deep breath and enjoy this pregnancy, and those 15 weekswill seemlike forever until sudenly you will be in labor and go "Oh crap, I am having a baby! Where did thetime go?!" Lol, you are such a strong mama, HUGS!