Write a new blog
|14-6-2010 - it's off my chest, well almost...
||My mood while writing this blog:|
So I decided yesterday that I was going to tell my family and friends that I was pregnant. Initally I wanted to wait till I was 4 or 5 months along (clear of the first trimester), but I read someone's comment in the week 11 forum that made me change my mind. Another lady commented that her Dr. said she was waiting to tell family and friends that she was pregnant until about the same, 4 months. Well it ended up that she miscarried, and since she never told her friends that she was pregnant to begin with, she didn't really have a support group to lean on. So I told my one aunt, and she was super excited. She knows how bad I wanted this. My other aunt was mixed feeling, she knows I want a baby, but she said that my situation could b a better one (I'm just dating the baby's father 2.5 yrs). But I think the best part was when I told my neighbor this morning. My boyfriend and I handed her the ultra sound picture I got last week, and she started crying and shaking. Saying she was sooo excited. She even made me tear up. That's the kind of reaction I think I needed to really realize that I'm going to be a mother in a 6.5 months. Now I just need to break the news to work, oh joy, not really looking forward to it. But at least my loved one's know, and I feel soooo much better now!
5 Comments on it's off my chest, well almost...anniecc
- Tuesday, 29 Jun Hey beegee! How are you coming along?Thank you for your message. I decided to swap the exec suits for more comfortable dresses today and my goodness - I thank you for your words of advice (It's really hot here in in London at the moment so I used the heat as my excuse for not wearing the stipulated suit and jacket business.)So I see this is your first pregnancy too - congratulations! Looks like you're going to have a very special little christmas present or something extra to celebrate at new years!How are you finding being pregnant?I have no symptoms other than nausea - lots of it!I'm finding it really weird that I've lost weight but that my shape has changed and after lunch time bloating business - what is that all about!!!??? My clothes are too big in the morning and tight round the middle by 3pm - although I think with all that' s going on inside, even though I was having a big old whinge last night, I can't help but smile and giggle - I'm sure it's just little bubba's way of letting me know that he/she is there and sending a message along the lines of - "you think this is bad now? Wait till after I make my entrance... sore boobs, sleepless nights, dirty diapers and if you're really lucky, I'll probably chuck up on you too!" beegee
- Monday, 14 Jun Thanks everyone! lilmommafuller
- Monday, 14 Jun Good for you! That was our exact reasoning for not waiting to tell. I didn't want to have something happen and have no support from family and friends at all. Well, that and I was just too excited to keep my mouth shut! :) Good luck with making the announcement at work, hopefully you'll get a good reception. My manager jumped up and down and teared up, but she knew that we had been wanting this little miracle for quite a while. Whatever the outcome, don't let it ruin your excitement. Though this is my first, I've decided that there's no better feeling in the world! :) keris
- Monday, 14 Jun I also told the public yesterday and today. It does feel good. I feel like I can come out of hibernation! mmjohnson33
- Monday, 14 Jun That is great!!! I have told my immediate family....I really want to tell my whole family this weekend, I am going to a graduation party......but I think we are waiting until 12...probably right at the beginning not the end.....its so hard to hold it in isnt it??My boss knows but no one else at work.....