Write a new blog
|27-12-2009 - November 2009
||My mood while writing this blog:|
We have definitely had alot going on the past couple months. So here is a kind of long update with pictures!!
I learned this month that having two little boys that are best of worst friends can generate some very interesting scenerios.
2 boys + Rough housing = All I want for Christmas is my 2 front teeth!
Sean (1.5) kicked Mason (6) in the mouth causing both of his front teeth to become loose. He lost one and then a couple days later the other one fell out, with no signs of the permanent teeth coming in. It so funny to hear him talk now!
And here we have the guilty party!
I enrolled Mason into an support group for children with epilepsy. He had a great time at their first meeting. He got to make a seizure dog, which he named biscuit and made lots of friends. He is getting to the age now where he is starting to notice differences between him and other kids. I want to start working on his self esteem now and I think this will be a good way to start!
The next event of November was Sean, my 19 month olds, first haircut!! I absolutely hated to cut off his curls, but he was being mistaken as a girl so something had to be done, plus, I know they will grow back . . .
(He looks like such a little boy now !)
Sean then had his 18 month check up (a tad late lol) He weighed 28.12 pounds, 34 inches tall, and his head circ was 19.75 inches. He checked out well, besides his eczema and anemia, both which I am trying to treat with over the counter meds. He is still having significant issues with asthma/allergies so we have started using claritin and hope to have him allergy tested by age 2.
Waiting at the doctors office
A massive event that took place was on the 22nd. Mason out of nowhere went into what they call epileptic status (a constant seizure). He was unresponsive and nothing we were doing was helping, after 45 mintues we rushed him to the hospital. He started seizing at 630 in the evening and the hospital staff were finally able to stop the seizures by 1030 that night with IV medications. He then slept for 13 hours and finally awoke the next morning. He continued to seize for 2 more days (they called this partial status, because it was stopping and starting) so they kept us in the PICU for 3 days. Nothing is harder than seeing your child go through something that nobody can tell you why it happened, how to fix it, or how to stop it from happening again. Mason appears to have mini strokes when he has bigger seizures like this and this time his face drew up on the left side, it was horrible. He has struggled with this all his life and I feel we are no closer to controlling these seizures then we were when he was a baby. He is currently taking 5 oral medications and has a pacemaker for his brain.
**After about 3 weeks, Mason is back to the way he was before the status, thank goodness**
I took these pictures on day 3 after things calmed down because
sometimes when so much is going on, by putting yourself behind the
camera . . . you pull yourself away from whats really going on. Its an
escape . . .
Lastly we had Thanksgiving! We took it kind of cautiously because of everything that Mason had just went through, but overall we were thankful to have our family together!
So that is the end of my update! This is why I never have time to get on anymore :) I dont even really know if anybody is interested in reading this stuff, but I like to look back on it! I hope everyone has had some great holidays!!
*find me on myspace myspace.com/boystruckx2
*find me on facebook email@example.com
10 Comments on November 2009hopeful2b
- Tuesday, 29 Dec Your boys just get cuter and cuter. Sean's hair cut is adorable. I can see why it was hard to cut off his curls. I'm really sorry to hear about Mason's seizure. How scary! I'm glad that is he doing better and is out of the hospital. I'm sure it was nice to have everyone together for Christmas. mandyf1231
- Tuesday, 29 Dec I am so sorry to hear about all of the struggles Mason has gone through. That breaks my heart. imagining what you must have felt and how he felt too. I am so glad he is doing better!!!! Glad you guys were able to have a good holiday. Also, I just sent you a request on facebook. My name is Mandy :) AmandaNicole86
- Monday, 28 Dec I so understand you about not having time anymore to get on here. I used to get on everyday, now its weeks at a time now. But I'm soo glad your son Mason got better. I really need to update some stuff too. My baby boy also got his first haircut too. I also had people thinking he was a girl too with all his curls. lol By the way, your blog is tooo cute. :) reila
- Monday, 28 Dec Sean looks so cute with and without the curls. He's just a cutie pie. I wish you all the best and hope everyone stays healthy =] AidensMommy31108
- Monday, 28 Dec of course some of us are interested in all this! im glad that mason is ok i really hope they find something to control it better poor little guy.. seans haircut looks fantastic i hated cutting off aidens curls also but it had to be done ha glad everyone is happy =) ChloeandTwinsmom
- Monday, 28 Dec pics are super cute :)sorry to hear about mason that must ov been realy scary :(i love recieving your updates and i always read them :)nice to hear from you x vickiessecret
- Sunday, 27 Dec omg, well I'm happy to hear that he's ok now..that must be really scary having to see your child like that. For some reason, it won't let me post comments on your page, I try to go to it and my computer locks up..I have no idea lol. But yea my bil is psycho...I don't even wanna deal with them, or see them ever again. I feel bad for their kids, their gonna have problems with parents like that. I don't know if it was his or his wifes idea about the pediphile comment, but it was ridiculous, I'd love to see them try something likethat, you can really get in trouble for lying and making things up like that. Hopefully I don't have to see them again..that would be awesome lol =) pinkb00h
- Sunday, 27 Dec Just to let you know, I read these!! Theyr'e always so interesting and you do them up very well :) I'm too lazy to add pics and html hahaha kara G.
- Sunday, 27 Dec Goodness sakes. I am so sorry for what Mason has been going through. I hope that these resolve themselves out of no where and he just stops having them. God does miracles. you know. I will be praying for Mason's miracle. Sean's haircut looks great. His curls were so precious. blessing8168
- Sunday, 27 Dec Bless his heart!! I know that had to be so hard for you!! SO glad to hear he is back to feeling better. Love Sean's haircut!!